Des has to swing the axe !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dont get your hopes up with Witt coming back tho.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I am worried that his career is starting to be held back quite a bit. It was quite odd that Burns was selected ahead of him last week, even with Adam Lucius' pushing for Burns over the summer and references to Witty being the "forgotten man".

[quote author=robbiea]Dont get your hopes up with Witt coming back tho.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I am worried that his career is starting to be held back quite a bit. It was quite odd that Burns was selected ahead of him last week, even with Adam Lucius' pushing for Burns over the summer and references to Witty being the "forgotten man".

[/quote]

I'm not trying to be slack or anything...but if he's on $180k, I'd say go to Souths and team up with Sutton....he'll get a start there.

Manly won't pay him that out of their own pocket, I'll warrant now....although King is on $200k....so who knows... :roll:

[/quote]
Witt was crap in the trials and was cut by Parra as he didn't cope with the pressure. His defence at the back end of last year was poor and he needs to convince a few that he can remedy that.

He is in the side to be a footballer, not some bloke's love interest!!!!! :roll:

[/quote]

Its all in his hands now ,he didnt do much help for himself last year.Maybe he is better than Burns- i think so,but he has too have a heap of blinders in PL & THEN WIN HIS SPOT BACK.

This should be the team lads:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Paul Stephenson
03. Steven Bell
04. Chris Hicks
05. Michael Robertson
06. Micahel Monaghan
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Matt Ballin
10. Mark Bryant
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Kylie Leuluai
16. George Rose
17. Adam Cuthbertson

- Dunley can go back to having impact.
- We have Hookers who play HOOKER
- We have IMPACT off the bench in ALL players
- Monaghan can focus on 5/8, and build combinations
- King will improve in Premier League
- Bryant deserves a starting spot (reward for effort)
- There can be structure to this side
- Centres listed will get balls to wingers more and are more class
- Robertson's speed will assist in Orford kicking game (Steppa only just too slow)
- Structure, structure, structure
- We will have size again on the bench

As for Dunley...was it only me, or did he look unmotivated? As though he was jogging (as upposed to running). My wife hates football, and even she made the comment that we looked slower than all the other teams.

That has to be your best YART yet ,Ryan.. Solid points too -totally agree.................................................

That is the team that i would pick. if that doesn't perfom better then we are fukced for the year.

Someone e-mail this team to dessie because he needs help.

The game was a bit of a let down after fair trial form against Tigers.

To add to some of your points:

Agree Dunley is not the best choice to start hooker – loses his impact. At times his darts from dummy half to spark the attack quickly turn into dead ends.

Agree that Bryant’s form has continued from last year. Solid performer. To start him each week may well also lose his impact like Dunley – there is something to be said about impact players from the bench. I’m not certain what the best choice is here - do we look at not playing King and Kite together (our No 1 & 2 props) and instead always look at keeping atleast 1 of the 2 main props on the field all game. I thought they both had fair games, and King was looking a lot better than last year, and although I’ve stuck up for King in the past, I’m not throwing confetti on him yet

Watmough didn’t have one of his best games

The defence coach better not have a voice left by next weeks match. I need to watch the replay a 3rd time to determine who in defence let manly down in the middle of the ruck all freakin’match

Orford – Obviously we are all prepared to give him time, but the team was out of sorts with a new playmaker which is why I’m not reading too many “Des (or any player) on last legs” threads. It’s round 1.

Nothing bad to say about Hicks, but would rather he get’s more involved. Otherwise he’s just a sprint machine like Donald was - who doesn’t do much else.

Could we have asked for much more from Bell?

The marker/ruck defence was quite poor at times and the attack was outta sorts – hopefully this get’s turned around by rd 3 at Brookie

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8