Des back at work.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well there it is with schuster. Danny weidler reported dylan walker staying also.
Onto the big carrot the turbos boys
My guess would be Walker extends for a short 2yrs to establish himself as a 5/8, stability in his life, then hopefully command a big pay rise at 27/28 on the open market.

This gives Walker and Manly options/flexibility for the future so it seems like a good mix. (doubt the contract will be anywhere near what Walker could command on the open market though)

My weekend has been lifted several bars with the signing of Josh Schuster. Wow, what a group of outstanding youngsters we have. If Hoppa recovers, that's, him, Schuster, Fainu, Ben T. and now Musgrove. Manly has the group of players to go all the way as long as injury and refs don't spoil it for us. As for Anderson? Des, get hold of this kid and give him a real working over during the off season. He needs to get back his bite.

The great thing about the Souths game is that everything that Manly has to work on to improve in 2020 is compressed down and highlighted in that one package.

All the good and bad things Manly do in Attack and Defence are on clear display in the first half.

Des improved Manly's defensive structure big time this year but there are still major structural issues to address(along with improved defensive pressure from the inside) and there are a few players(more than i am comfortable with) that are weak defensively.

Walker at 5/8 with a full off season without distractions under Dessie will show big improvements.

DCE should really look over that game in intricate detail also.(attack and defence) The attacking shapes, timing of the play and selling the deception in early plays for a better outcome in future plays down the same corridor needs to be addressed.

Take for example DCE hitting the first lead runner play early in the game attacking Souths line after the DCE break off an offload. You have AFB hands on hips not looking like a dangerous option to hit from hooker allowing defensive pressure on the inside to push up and rush on DCE, the outside defender can now stay on Jack.
Suli is too deep in this shape basically telegraphing the second man play being the only other option so that gives the outside defenders confidence to rush up and hit the fullback if that pass is used.(in saying that Suli being deep can be the deception for a different shape later on).

Moments later DCE lacking patience hits the same corridor again when the numbers are not in his favour, now the shape changes with Suli more flat and an option to hit a similar line he used in a previous game but in the end it is poorly executed and DCE is tackled with the ball.

This looks to be the NZ youngster we’ve signed as well, Caleb Pese.

6FE39C08-4ECF-42B3-AC76-19DE5EAABFB4.jpeg

My guess would be Walker extends for a short 2yrs to establish himself as a 5/8, stability in his life, then hopefully command a big pay rise at 27/28 on the open market.

This gives Walker and Manly options/flexibility for the future so it seems like a good mix. (doubt the contract will be anywhere near what Walker could command on the open market though)
Yeah agree. 2 year deal give him some payback for issues last season. Like stability in place

Yeah agree. 2 year deal give him some payback for issues last season. Like stability in place
I would prefer a longer contract but from the outside looking in it seems we have too much tied up at the top end unless Manly get more third parties on board.

With things looking on the up for the club and all pulling in the one direction, riding this new wave may generate more options to retain players beyond just a standard contract that eats away at the cap.

It’s so easy to point out the negatives. He is forgiven or the amount of greatness he has done for the club

There a no negatives feathered friend

The fact is that the Incomparable Immortal has never failed

Others have failed to live up to his great high standards

His greatness will never be surpassed . It audacious to think other wise

Is it any wonder our club won premierships and became great at the start of the great mans career at Manly

The Incomparable Immortal was Haslers coach and mentor and our winning culture lives on by his spirit .

Three cheers for Zachary Robert Fulton the Incomparable Immortal and the Greatest player of all time .

news_20170308.jpg

True, but blaming Baz is ridiculous as ZtC's mate Bozo appointed that newbie to the head job :cool:

Problem with newbies and head jobs is that sometimes they can tend to bite off more than they can chew. Can be a tough pill to swallow for some and they can become better for the experience whilst others know it’s not for them no matter how hard they try.

Problem for us supporters now is we put ourselves in a position of being easily disappointed if Manly don't at least match this years efforts.

Still, it's a good problem to have.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4