Des and GPS technology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quiet night boys so just a bit of a laugh before the season starts
what do you think the results would be so far

Choc - blue line heading straight towards the Steyne where it stops for a few hours before weaving up the corso

MM - round and round and round it goes

Hicks - heads up to Newcastle for some reason

King - why its not moving at all

BK - **** he broke it

Ballin - heads towards centre field but keeps getting stopped at coaches box

Stewart - radar detecter goes off

Rose - I said GPS not KFC

oops I did not start this thread very well. Anyway there was an article in yesterdays Telegraph about how each Manly player is hooked up to a GPS device which moniters heart rate speed and where they move on the field. It can even work out the g forces in play when a player tackles or gets hit highest was around 7.8 G's (a car crash is up to12) Pretty amazing stuff really and will be used to refine training to individual players. One player s stats were over 17 minutes in one of the trial games in that time he covered 1600 metres at an average of 6.8 m a second and peak heart rate of 194 beats a minute with an average of 174 bpm.

Itd be interesting to see those stats of heartrate, ground covered etc in an AFL player and compare to League.

AFL players have a greater distance to travel around a larger field but are less involved in the play for some periods.

We can forget about Yawnion. They start, then after 14 seconds stand around to have a penalty or line out taken, and so on it goes. The monitoring device would fall asleep.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4