Des’s Dilemma

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just finished watching NSW Cup at Brookvale
Flogged by top of comp Panthers
I can see now why Des sticks with Walker at FB, Suli/Parker in centres etc , as after watching a very unfit Blacktown getting touched up , only Sadler looked like a first grader
Harper was vocal and organising defence but still a season away
Fainu looked ok in patches and will b a good future 9
Funa looked outa nick and did nothing
Trobv just stood around waiting watching but had zero impact
I was one of those who was bewildered by Des sticking with a team that is pathetic but Des’s dilemma is that their isn’t much going on below to enable change .

Please dont let reality become part of the discussion....young players who in the opinion of our coach aren't ready for the step up ? Think of all the critics who have nfi and the team lists theyve wasted countless calories and data typing and posting!
Unless we go to market hard this off season and secure probably three hardened players of note...we are about two seasons away from having a team that can compete, and be ecpected to make the eight....

I can see now why Des sticks with Walker at FB, Suli/Parker in centres etc , as after watching a very unfit Blacktown getting touched up , only Sadler looked like a first grader
I was one of those who was bewildered by Des sticking with a team that is pathetic but Des’s dilemma is that their isn’t much going on below to enable change .
The question is, who would win in a match between Blacktown and Manly first grade?

The difference between the Dogs, Cows, Broncos and us is they are blooding a lot of young players. They're learning, you expect they'll struggle. Manly is blooding Schuster, Saab, Paseka. The rest are either failures from other clubs who've had long enough or overpriced myths and has beens.

What I can't fathom is what happened to the pathways program that resulted in a premiership in U20s 3 years ago. Where has that talent gone ??

Good post

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-03-17-35-53.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-03-17-35-53.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 51
Does this mean the apathy is across all grades at Manly, what is going on, it sounds like the culture at Manly sucks big time

Des's other dilemma is he has not been able to get the best out of his players and lift his team past 12 consecutive thrashings . Including elite players like DCE , Walker , Jake and Kappow

You think S.Fainu will be a number 9 in the future?

Offloading taupau will allow us to pick up one more established good first grader. But apart from that we will be relying on juniors and discards . We basically need all 3 of our highest paid guys playing great footy at the same time to come back.

Des's other dilemma is he has not been able to get the best out of his players and lift his team past 12 consecutive thrashings . Including elite players like DCE , Walker , Jake and Kappow
I agree Bozo .....the likes of DCE have slipped BUT I think it’s a reflection of players around him.
Using DCE as an example, all teams put pressure on him , knowing that there is no one else in our team that can hurt them. If they rush up at DCE, who can he give the pill to for a clearing kick or who can damage the opposition, absolutely no one...
So they rush up and turn him back inside..if he passes to Suli, Parker, Goseeski, Sirro, Walker from fullback, Nothing.
In years gone by he could give the ball to either Stewart, Lyons, Matai, etc and had Foran as an alternative if they pressured him, the opposition had to cover our whole backline so couldn’t afford to concentrate on DCE
We don’t have the cattle and this is affecting Jake DCE etc....hopefully 2022 will start with a first grade team not an A grade side and then we will see our stars back in form...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8