Depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With GCKT we might have to make a tough decision with Weekes at 14. Because we can't hold both of them on the bench, that's way too light.
There is Jason Saab to come back into the team circa RD 10. We will be making some tough decisions with other players to make it all work. As tough as it may seem with the game that Parker played last week, I would consider the following team as being potentially our best from round 11. Obviously, this is subject to all players being available, and Bullemore playing himself into a starting lock position.

1. Turbo
2. Weekes
3. Garrick.
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'katuto
12. Tuilagi
13. Bullemore

14. GCKT
15. Fifita
16. Keppie
17. Paseka

There is Jason Saab to come back into the team circa RD 10. We will be making some tough decisions with other players to make it all work. As tough as it may seem with the game that Parker played last week, I would consider the following team as being potentially our best from round 11. Obviously, this is subject to all players being available, and Bullemore playing himself into a starting lock position.

1. Turbo
2. Weekes
3. Garrick.
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'katuto
12. Tuilagi
13. Bullemore

14. GCKT
15. Fifita
16. Keppie
17. Paseka
Looks pretty good at this point in the year. But geez, Parks would have to fall in a hole for Seibs to drop him. Let's say it happens, would you maybe keep Garrick on the wing and try Weekes in the centre?

With GCKT we might have to make a tough decision with Weekes at 14. Because we can't hold both of them on the bench, that's way too light.
Simple until saab returns. Weekes on the wing gordo to the bench.

Croker is the the Steve Waugh of our club. He has squeezed every bit of if talent he has and worked hard to be a very good first grader and he's not done yet at all but gordo is the future.

Looks pretty good at this point in the year. But geez, Parks would have to fall in a hole for Seibs to drop him. Let's say it happens, would you maybe keep Garrick on the wing and try Weekes in the centre?
I agree with @Will on the hill. with what he says about Weekes and GCKT being in the same 17. It only happens if Weekes starts. I believe we need both of them in the 17, to have a shot come finals time.
My perfect bench would be utility, middle, middle and edge/middle.

Can't see Weekes and GCKT in the same 17 unless 1 of them is starting.

I also think that the only outside back position up for grabs is going to be at left centre. Pragmatically, Parker comes out, Garrick shifts in, and Weekes goes to the wing. This gives us an extremely quick backline, and also allows us to maintain three power forwards on the bench.

I agree with @Will on the hill. with what he says about Weekes and GCKT being in the same 17. It only happens if Weekes starts. I believe we need both of them in the 17, to have a shot come finals time.

I also think that the only outside back position up for grabs is going to be at left centre. Pragmatically, Parker comes out, Garrick shifts in, and Weekes goes to the wing. This gives us an extremely quick backline, and also allows us to maintain three power forwards on the bench.
Yep, we definitely need the 3 big fellas. Garrick has become a very effective returner of the ball for us so it will be interesting to see which way they go if they bring Weekes in.

We are starting to build a few names for the #14 spot, Weekes, GKC (when the time comes), Lawton to start with. You will only see one of these at a time unless Lawton is selected into the 13 due to injury

Were also lucky we have a few players that can cover multiple positions. Weekes and Koula can play anywhere in the backline if needed. So depending on who gets injured.. we can move them around if need be. Even during midgame.

Forwards.. we have similar versatile players. I feel we have pretty decent depth.

Our depth is a lot better than we have seen in recent seasons (for whatever reasons). I wonder if we will see a rotation of our depth players through the bench spots (particularly the forwards) I would love to see Fifita, Fainu, Tuitavake etc, being given semi-regular game time throughout the season. It would also potentially keep our main forwards fresher if a rotation system were in place. We have the depth, lets use it effectively this season.

I like Lawton but my perception is that he hasn’t really strung enough games together to develop any consistency with us due to coming off the bench or getting injured.

I’ve noticed lots of mention of him being our back up hooker but he’s only ever played bench second rower for us thus far, hasn’t he?

Do we know if his service from dummy half is any good?

For mine, while I like his energy off the bench, I don’t think he’s a walk in for a spot in our 17 once fully recovered.

I like Lawton but my perception is that he hasn’t really strung enough games together to develop any consistency with us due to coming off the bench or getting injured.

I’ve noticed lots of mention of him being our back up hooker but he’s only ever played bench second rower for us thus far, hasn’t he?

Do we know if his service from dummy half is any good?

For mine, while I like his energy off the bench, I don’t think he’s a walk in for a spot in our 17 once fully recovered.
He has played hooker when Croker has been unavailable. One of them was a finals game in 2021.

Otherwise he has played in the backrow either starting or off the bench.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4