Delmege no longer Major Sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Grant Mayer has just posted this on the mwse.com.au forum.

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/message-board-detail.asp?mbid=113223&s=11

Good Morning All

Nothing like another Manly headline to get people talking.

First and foremost I think we all need to acknowledge Max and the boys for their ubelievable support of the club over the past 6 years. Whilst they may have made the decision to come off the front of the jersey, I can tell you all that they remain 100% committed to the club.

Their co-ownership of the club continues and now they have committed to buy the Manly Leagues Club along with the Penn Family. Dont think for a minute Max is walking away.

The decision to announce the sponsorship withdrawl is tactical. With just four teams remaining in the comp after this weekend, the focus on Manly will only increase. We are in a good position to go to market.

Max is a Champion - dont forget it.

Manly is a strong and vibrant organisation and we are confident that somebody will jump on board on the back of all the hard work that has been done over the past 6 years.

If you know somebody who wants in - tell them to give me a buzz.

GM

hmmm interesting, after that post  this is the way i can see it happening.

if noone hops on board - Max becomes Major sponsor again / still donates but not main sponsor
if somon joins - Bonus

I've just bought one of these in the last few days and I've named it max in his honour

p27665h-7dfa9453b81624e9c6d7282048944469.jpg

We are really well positioned to capitalise on the sponsorship vacancy, and I hope it is filled many times over. Deep down I don't think there are too many companies that can justify this type of exposure at this time. The cost of business and the reduction in business we are seeing and will continue to see is going to hit hard. My bet is a lot of companies, excepting in WA, are looking at some form of downsizing and belt tightening. That said, I hope we easily nail the deal.

deadlyeagle link said:
lol i love the lack of ecconomic knowledge.

Basically its come down to the sub-prime crisis which took over the USA, and yes it indirectly affects us even though it in the usa. To put it simply the sub-prime crisis is about lenders of money handing out loans and these loans end up being unpayable by the borrowers. Sub-prime is second rate loans and more riskier for the lender because they are more likly not to be paid back due to other issues, at one stage when all was well loans were being handed out to thoses that did not even have a JOB!!!

This most likly has affected Max but im more worried aout that we have got from a company that has nearly broken even to a company that is making losses of $1Mill a year again.

Although we wont lose $1Mill a year i do not think in todays ecconomic enviroment that we will find  a sponsor of $1Mill+, more lily we will find one in the range of $500k - $800k max which will still leave an annual loss of $600k - $300k.

In Summary This of course wont happen if we already have found a sponosor willing to match Max.

Smartest post I have read on this topic with some economic rationalism and no emotion. It is going to be tough to get a sponsor for $1m at the moment.

Given the current economic and property environment, Delmege must be bleeding. Many businesses are consolidating their balance sheets to weather the financial storm we are now experiencing, yet he owns an organisation that is either losing or making a marginal proft. The return on capital cannot be good relative to other areas of the economy. I know he loves the club, but at the expense of his business?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178453.msg197344#msg197344 date=1221747583]
This is Huge!!!!  Max was at the ground on Saturday night choosing the best banners for a competition. I wonder what has brought this one to pass!!!!

For years I have said his sponsorship is more an act of charity given his business really only services the beaches while he is paying for national exposure.

What a brilliant time for Manly to be looking for a new sponsor in the lead up to the GF and hopefully a Premiership.  The Tigers signed Proton to a big dollar sponsorship within days of winning the 2005 title.

This is an orchestrated and smart announcement.
[/quote]

It won't be such a brilliant move if either the Warriors or Roosters beat us next week. 

The commercial property market is strglling to make sales at the moment and he no doubt has a lot of borrowings for the numerous ventures that he is into which are no doubt costign a lot more in interest now. 

No doubt cash flow is hurting. 

A great chance for Dominos pizza to step in as a major sponsor for the bargin price of $1m pa.

Doug (Clontaggo) a long time ago suggested that someone like Quicksilver or Rip Curl get involved. That would be a perfect partnership IMO.

Plus guys - Max was on the radio suggesting it was tactical, but if we could not find one, he would CONTINUE his sponsorship.

Of course he is going to say it is "tactical" to the press. The final part of his quote does not fill me with much support either. That says to me he wants to utilise his capital elsewhere. Given he mentioned an equity listing in the press a few weeks back, I would not be surprised if he is attempting to cut the cost base in order to a achieve profitable or loss minimising exit strategy.

I'll be honest and say that I don't like this development one bit.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178453.msg197358#msg197358 date=1221775299]
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178453.msg197344#msg197344 date=1221747583]
This is Huge!!!!  Max was at the ground on Saturday night choosing the best banners for a competition. I wonder what has brought this one to pass!!!!

For years I have said his sponsorship is more an act of charity given his business really only services the beaches while he is paying for national exposure.

What a brilliant time for Manly to be looking for a new sponsor in the lead up to the GF and hopefully a Premiership.  The Tigers signed Proton to a big dollar sponsorship within days of winning the 2005 title.

This is an orchestrated and smart announcement.
[/quote]

It won't be such a brilliant move if either the Warriors or Roosters beat us next week. 

The commercial property market is strglling to make sales at the moment and he no doubt has a lot of borrowings for the numerous ventures that he is into which are no doubt costign a lot more in interest now. 

No doubt cash flow is hurting. 

A great chance for Dominos pizza to step in as a major sponsor for the bargin price of $1m pa.
[/quote]
tooks i doubt dominos are in any position to kick in.
That brand peaked 18 - 24 months ago swhen they were rapidedly building stores before they floated

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=178453.msg197385#msg197385 date=1221779774]
I've just bought one of these in the last few days and I've named it max in his honour

m_s probably a silly question mate but what is it ?
[/quote]

it's a Stand (for guitars).

missing_something link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178453.msg197411#msg197411 date=1221792208]
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=178453.msg197385#msg197385 date=1221779774]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers what kinda music to you play mate. ?

15,000 members at $59 each would be a great sponsor......
See https://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/membership-order.asp?

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=178453.msg197412#msg197412 date=1221792432]
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=178453.msg197411#msg197411 date=1221792208]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers what kinda music to you play mate. ?
[/quote]

It was a joke because I said we should name a stand after Delmege even if it is a hotdog stand!

Fro link said:
S**t in other words

Mate music tastes are like arse holes everybody’s got one and diversity makes the world go round. From both a musical and technical point of view I appreciate the type of music that I listen to and play.

If you like something else like Bros, the Fine Young Cannibals, Kylie or Madonna good for you - the more fags there are in the world the more women there are for the rest of us, so I support your life choice.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8