Delmege Extends Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Peter Peters has just announced on 2GB that Max Delmege has just put forward a further $2.2 Million to extend his sponsorship of the Sea Eagles untill 2008. This announcement was held back by the Sea Eagles from last week to wait for the Hopoate situation to die down.

"quote from ME website"

I hate to say it, given how much trouble I keep getting into, but ............

Is there a conflict of interest here?

I won't take too much credit but byso and I did have a small chat with Max on Sunday evening and we were probably the deciding influence in swinging the extra cash to the club. :D

and all you could get was 2.2 million.

Im dissapointed in you 2. You could ahve done so much better

Just heard Dessie on 2GB saying that they will be going into the player market again this year with the extra funds.

WOOOHOOOO more players although the prospect of having an Orford/Monas halves combination has me in off in daydream land right now.... could you imagine it????

I want Jamie Lyon or another top class centre too, Mons and Witt will serve us well for the next 8-10 years with a little luck.

I hate to say it, given how much trouble I keep getting into, but ............

Is there a conflict of interest here?
That would be $2.2 million for 3 years?

The potential conflict of interest is that Max Delmege is the owner of both entities.

Normally in that circumstance he would need to declare his interest and step out of negotiations. I presume that would be the case here. Probably negotiations were done by Cummings with a Delmege underling.

For Delmege to be directly involved could be seen as innapropriate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4