Defencive Line Speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
For all the doomsayers. Look at how quick Newcastle came off their line & got in our faces last night. Look at most Manly losses. Listen to a Brookvale home crowd boo & jeer their way through every home game.

Do you see something?

Every team is allowed to be offside against us.

Even at our most dominant, maybe one guy rushes out of the line & the rest are back where a 10m defence would normally be. When we're in form, the gaps are plugged but our defence is NEVER up as quickly as the teams we play against. We just aren't given the same leniancy.

We played against an enthusiastic team who controlled the ball. If we don't do the same, we can't win, our defence is too handicapped.

That's the way it is & maybe that's why the team don't bother busting their arses in games that are beneath us. Maybe they're saving their energy for the big games, knowing that if we win them, that's enough for a premiership.
I guess we'll find out on Saturday & then the following Monday.

"I guess we'll find out on Saturday & then the following Monday"

Never a truer word spoken...Dudd (sorry Duff)..I reckon we could still make top 4 if we win all the games from here, lose a couple more and I doubt we'll even make the 8....so in about 10 days we'll know

do not agree with you we had our chance monday to cement our top 4 but no stupid mistakes and penaltys,tell me this why werent we up in there in there face not giving them any room,why werent we dominating the ruck area,why is it so des wont make a couple of changes like give cross ago and get rose to do some exersise.....if we were a top team we would have got out of that with an ugly win.....rebuild...

We have been the most penalised side for the last 2 years and always the same culprits-choc,perry,king,kite and matai.

also every home crowd boos every set of six.should go to a titans game.they boo for a living.

have a look at the ruck work of brisbane and saints.it is so much better than ours.Brisbane are way down in the penalty counts and i can see why.it is not a conspiracy.our blokes dont seem to learn.as another poster said 'you just wait for the whistle to blow"

how mant times do we give a ruck penalty in the first couple of sets.id hate to see the stats.

as i said id rather defend a quick set of 6 than a slow set of 18.

our side of 07 and 08 was also penalised heavily but the team had unbelieveable grit.This side has it too but for some reason it has dissappeared.and 2 halves under 21 will always struggle for consistency.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4