• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Does Taufua's effort last night qualify as a "debut" or do you actually have to set foot on the park ? The same thing happened with Buhrer, whereby I think his first 2 "games" were spent collecting splinters.

I never understood Dessie not using the full 17, and it seems Tooves has caught the same disease. Seems a pointless waste of a bench spot, especially if you are behind for the majority of the game, what is there to lose by throwing the kid on ?

I could accept this if it was part of a familiarisation process with a debutant spending 1 week (and 1 week only) on the bench, not used.

But thats where it stops. 2nd week in he must get a run. No point having a system that doesnt get to the point where the player displays he can handle NRL and gets to start working on faults in his game. Anything else is a pure waste with no logic to it as far as I can see.

Jatz Crackers said:
2nd week in he must get a run. No point having a system that doesnt get to the point where the player displays he can handle NRL and gets to start working on faults in his game. Anything else is a pure waste with no logic to it as far as I can see.

I agree he needs to be given a run. He is obviously up to standard to be selected in the 17 when you have G Rose you can call on.
Re the other debutante, I thought Skinner did ok. He ran sideways a little but I'm sure that's something that can be quickly addressed. Other than that, I reckon he gave it a fair crack.

There is the issue of match fitness. How can a bloke sit out for a few weeks and get match fit?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6