Dear Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

joeboy

Bencher
Dear Manly,

This has not been a good couple of weeks for the club. The club appears in turmoil, we have lost TWO marquee players, we seem to have agendas flying around everywhere, and there has been a distinct lack of leadership from our new owners and their appointed CEO.

However, and in typical manly fashion, we came up with a stirring win on the weekend. For the people who truly get manly, this reinforced what we love about the club. But this is not the time for sentiment, But to build on this groundswell of emotion around this win and make the necessary moves, rather then wait for a moves to be made for us.

There is a time to keep your powder dry, and a time to come out all guns blazing. The time is now for the latter, this doesn't mean rash decisions, it means implementing the contingency you surely had in place for this eventuality. It mean announcing that manly are not bound for the cellar, manly will not rebuild as much as replenish, and we will not be extinguished as a force that has punched above its weight since the 70s.

The fans are the pumping blood to the clubs beating heart. We need to hear all is well. Not through carefully placed media snippets, not through pie in the sky commercial aspirations. Fans live in the present. Fans thrive on the perpetuation of the manly spirit and fans keep coming back knowing that the custodians of the club, wether it be administrators, owners, players or coaches are at their essence, Fans of manly themselves.

Custodians have the grave responsibility to watch over the club for their tenure. Augment the legacy, adapt to the now, and to ensure the future. We fans need to hear we are in good hands. We need to believe in manly as we always have and we need to see some action.

We love our club, but we are angry, concerned, perplexed and anxious. It's to this next era we tread with trepidation, we need to know we are in good hands.

So what's manly gonna do about it?

Let's not panic. Other clubs are coming at us because we are successful and have a winning culture. That culture does not lay in the players leaving but with those that stay and play.

However we are seen as weak cause we don't have a super coach. We have a rookie. A rookie whose season will be defined by gaining wings.

Toovey needs to blood new talent and be seen to be a mentor to them. Otherwise the club will look to someone else and we'll bounce around like a pinball for a few seasons getting the vibe back.

Kelly had better do something solid soon too. For someone who was confident he'd sign both players by last xmas it hasn't really panned out too well.

Letting Gifty go was a major mistake cause it sent a message to the players group who took 'unders' to stay together that loyalty was not a two-way street. What a clueless decision. Who ever was responsible should have their house torched. (just kidding, just graffiti their garage doors and put a dog turd on their doorstep).

Dear Manly,

This has not been a good couple of weeks for the club. The club appears in turmoil, we have lost TWO marquee players, we seem to have agendas flying around everywhere, and there has been a distinct lack of leadership from our new owners and their appointed CEO.

However, and in typical manly fashion, we came up with a stirring win on the weekend. For the people who truly get manly, this reinforced what we love about the club. But this is not the time for sentiment, But to build on this groundswell of emotion around this win and make the necessary moves, rather then wait for a moves to be made for us.

There is a time to keep your powder dry, and a time to come out all guns blazing. The time is now for the latter, this doesn't mean rash decisions, it means implementing the contingency you surely had in place for this eventuality. It mean announcing that manly are not bound for the cellar, manly will not rebuild as much as replenish, and we will not be extinguished as a force that has punched above its weight since the 70s.

The fans are the pumping blood to the clubs beating heart. We need to hear all is well. Not through carefully placed media snippets, not through pie in the sky commercial aspirations. Fans live in the present. Fans thrive on the perpetuation of the manly spirit and fans keep coming back knowing that the custodians of the club, wether it be administrators, owners, players or coaches are at their essence, Fans of manly themselves.

Custodians have the grave responsibility to watch over the club for their tenure. Augment the legacy, adapt to the now, and to ensure the future. We fans need to hear we are in good hands. We need to believe in manly as we always have and we need to see some action.

We love our club, but we are angry, concerned, perplexed and anxious. It's to this next era we tread with trepidation, we need to know we are in good hands.

So what's manly gonna do about it?
brilliant joeboy, hope mngmt is follwoing this forum, i woud email it..

thanks mate, I would if I had a VIP email to send it too.. it was an abridged version of a much longer post!

I think getting a cut and paste response from an impassioned plea would dismay me further, so unless anyone has a good email to send it too, it can just stay here.

I fear we arnt been listened too anyways, merely numbers ticking thru the gates at brooky.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6