• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think DCE has been playing than KF for the past 2 months or so (not that KF has been playing badly.

My concern is how such an inexperienced halves combo will go in the finals.

What are DCE and KF nicknames?

If Sandow is being paid $500,000 a season, DCE would have to command something similar.
As brilliant as Sandow is at times, he is very hot and cold, and defends on the wing to shield him from tackling.
Frankly, I'd have DCE over Sandow, primarily because he is much more dependable.
Am I being biased here?

$500,000 is overs for Sandow, Parra were desperate. How many cash up clubs are there looking for a new half?

Parra are now thinking $500,000 was a bargain. I can't agree. The Parra curse will strike again, and they'll continue to be hopeless.

I think he is getting the ball to Lyon earlier most times wich is what you do with a class centre, but he also has alot of options and skills. I'd like to see him use Rose more close to the line esp if he dummies to the outside then pick up rose on the inside. How good we him and Foz be this time next year? GO MANLY!

has he specifically said that he wants to play for QLD?

It may have been a dream or something but i remember reading somewhere he was born near/ in brisbane but grew up supporting the blues??

Interesting stat;

DCE is 4th on the Manly most tackles for 2011 list with 495. He is behind Ballin, Stewart and Watmough!!

He has the shoulders of a carpet snake, yet takes down blokes twice his size.
Someone please resurrect some of my posts at the start of the season denouncing this kid and Dessie for hanging his hat on a kid that hadn't played 1st grade yet..:s
Dessies let him off the leash...and the more I watch him, the more I'm convinced he is Johnny Gibbs' love child!:p
Gibbsy!!:D
Gibbsy

He is going very very good, however I will keep the fly zipped up for now in regards to comparing him to Johns and Thurston ;)

wombatgc said:
Someone please resurrect some of my posts at the start of the season denouncing this kid and Dessie for hanging his hat on a kid that hadn't played 1st grade yet..:s

Yes I remember that, shame on you:D:D:D

DCE has had some good training and reminds me of a young toovey when he came on the scene, runs to the line and has the pace to get through and what a great inside pass to killer top shelf, who said we did not have talent in the half back ?
Manly to win another GF this year

The comparision to other halfbacks don't ring true for me. Thats not a knock on DCE, to me he's just unique in the way he plays. I can't think of another halfback with his same skill set. The jinking runs, the fend, and most unique to him, the offload. He cocks his head a little bit like Gibbsy, but thats where the similarities end for me between the two.

The way DCE has played last 2 weeks , definately similarities with Joey Johns Imo. Same build, great defence, running and kicking game, hes got the full package.

He's got Gibbsy's head position while running, that's for sure. I was very impressed with how he guided the team through the difficult 12 man period in the game on the weekend - conservative kicks for touch, then the field goal after 8 mins was a masterstroke - to go up even 1 point over a team during a sin bin period is a spirit breaker for the opposition. Also it wasted a bit more time with another kick-off, and gave us another possession. The only spanner in the works was the intercept from Gift after Kieran came back on!

Shoe1 said:
He's got Gibbsy's head position while running, that's for sure. I was very impressed with how he guided the team through the difficult 12 man period in the game on the weekend - conservative kicks for touch, then the field goal after 8 mins was a masterstroke - to go up even 1 point over a team during a sin bin period is a spirit breaker for the opposition. Also it wasted a bit more time with another kick-off, and gave us another possession. The only spanner in the works was the intercept from Gift after Kieran came back on!

Thank god that intercept didn't cost us a win...they should have just been tucking it under the arm and rolling forward for the whole set, then find touch with a kick.
I guess Gift had the confidence that if he found Lyon or Wolf with the pass we may have scored down that side again.

DCE is a very talented kid. He will play for Qld at some stage and we are very lucky to have him on board. Another good young CQ lad that will kick on well in the NRL. Mackay is producing some talent when you look at the size of the place. DCE, Dane Gagai, Josh Hoffman, Ben Barba, Dane Nielsen, Travis Wadell. Might be worth sending Crusher up for a week.

Once again I was impressed with Daly's read on many of the plays when he had the ball in his hands.
He knew when to bail, when to turn around and switch back the other way, some of his instinctive kicks whilst not always coming off well I thought were great.

He's obviously working well on his defence too, over this season - surely having Matty Ballin, Foz, Giftie & Robbo alongside both on the game field and training field is helping well too.

Also love his smiles, and his crownd interaction after the match - he loves the hi-5's around the fence and many fans really appreciate this.

Keep it up DCE!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7