• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cletus

Reserve Grader
Can't see a thread on him do here goes.I thought he was outstanding today. The way he pushed off players and that magic offload he's got, and the way he controlled the play is something I haven't seen for years. I was worried he was going too sideways and not give the ball to a big unit to straighten up play in the last few games but today he really did the business. He's the halfback that Des has needed to show what he can do, I'm loving watching us play this season.

Can't agree more. He was a standout for me.
I didn't get to watch the game until about 8:30 and he was in everything.
The only thing he doesn't posses as a natural talent is real pace, but he is still quick enough.

He needs to develop a good flat pass on the line but doesn't really need it too badly.

I don't remember ever seeing a player come through that has the natural talent that this kid has. It's his first year and he already looks like he has been out there for 3 or 4 years.

What is even better is that he is only going to get better!

The other thing that goes unnoticed is his defense as well, he just keeps making tackles and often the first man in even on the bigger guys.

I am astonished we have managed to produce so many quality halves over the past few years, him, hodko and Foran.
All different styles but all solid players. DCE, if he keeps going the way he is, will certainly be one of the best halves the game has seen

We dont need to look for a half for 10 years with this guy.

He looks like the real deal to me.

With 20 games under his belt he doesnt really look to be that far behind Cronk, Thurston and co which is really astonishing. I am thinking another 20 games experience and confidence we will have our own champion No 7 to go with or champion No 6.

Definately been a standout the last 2 weeks. Don't think we would've won last 2 weeks if he wasn't playing.
Don't want to put to much pressure on the kid,but Imo he reminds me of a young Joey Johns. Hes got the full bag of tricks, with his running game really exploding last 2 weeks.
Just hope he can produce same sort of form in the finals. If he does wel be very hard to stop.

Offload to Jamie Lyon for his try was sheer class.

Great game from DCE.

Considering he is in his first year of 1st grade, the upcoming games against Storm & Bris and then the finals will be a big step up for Cherry and there will be mistakes made as part of the learning curve. Its a hard gig being an NRL half and running the show, so much depends on 6 and 7.

Wishing DCE and the whole team all the very best!

To go with his obvious talent he has a great level headed personality. Confident but still polite and none of the arrogant cockiness that you see from many of the young players.

Dan's right to mention his defence. He defends in the line, unlike many other halfbacks who get shunted out to the wing because they can't cope.
He is a terrific all-round footballer, smart and tough. And what about his line kicking. He was gaining us 30% more ground than the Dogs' line kicker.
DCE has become our 'go-to' man.

He has taken a front seat the last few weeks and controlled the game nicely. He will be something very special in 5 years time.

Fonz said:
Hope we don't lose him to Origin next year

The switch to standalone origin weekends could come as a blessing. I think QLD could be looking at Thurston/DCE in the 6/7 from about 2013. Cronk will get the nod in 2012 and then DCE will take over.

The kid is all class. I don't think there is a single other halfback that I would want at the club right now. He may not be as good as Thurston (yet) but he has a complete game and he could potentially be with the club for the next 10+ years.

Thank fark, Dessie had the foresight 2 sign DCE on a long term contract. Imagine the vultures that would be circling around with open chequebook! He'd be worth a motza on the open market now.

The Eagle said:
I dont see how its good luck when most players lift after reaching that arena

DCE is young and has plenty of time to play for QLD. The incumbents still have a good few year's in them don't you think?

Manly's good luck as DCE wont risk injury or tire himself mid Season at the start of what is shaping up to be a brilliant career.
Des has him learning at a great pace already.

I was extremely impressed with his kicking game after Foran was off, kicking it over the sideline to wind down the clock, and gee that field goal he got was hit sweetly, looks to be even better the Hodko at those.

I am also impressed by his effort, he always attempts to chase players down even if their in the clear and he is always around to scoop the ball up from a bomb or so.

We need to extend his contract asap.

Much to learn. Much game time experience needed.

DCE is sort of doing averagely OK i guess.
I choose the fly under the radar strategy on this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2