• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE did his best with no help from Keiran who was stuck out wide. Not alot of forward momentum but did pretty well for first game. Made rthat nice jinking run so that was good to see, tackled well and good kicking game.

Matabele link said:
Given Manly fans are very hard taskmasters on their halfback, that was a more than adequate debut.  Has all the options, can put a man in the hole, is dangerous on his feet and can tackle.

But the best thing for mine was seeing the ball kicked more than 30 metres consistently.
Easily pleased if that was adequate then you are a low marker, if he is as good as it gets for us as a halfback then we are not aiming high enough as a club.

I was surprised how long it took him to get a touch of the ball.  Hopefully that wasn't by design.  

The positives were a couple of nice runs and shown the ability to find blokes hitting a hole but the negatives were his kicking game and a few errors.  You have to live with the errors but he's going to need more help but unfortunately Ballin isn't the most creative no 9 and Foran is predominately a runner.

I think I'd give him a 6/10.

Ryan link said:
Heck, imagine:-

08. Jared-Wearra Hargreaves
09. Matt Ballin
10. Lama Tasi
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Tony Williams

Younger, faster, hungrier, stronger, more passionate....etc etc etc....
buddy how many beers have u had

jwh isnt a prop

and king showed lots of passion and hungier tonight

Not sure if you are being sarcastic at me Ryan? Surely Hargreaves is a better option that Rose, Kite, Mauro etc.

Ryan link said:
Brett Stewart was great.
I thought Robbo has found his pace again.
Lyon looked good until he went down.
As I mentioned the other day, Foran is a scrapper.
King did ok. Showed a lot of heart.
Seu Seu tried hard.

I won't celebrate anything else. We couldn't score.

Yeah I gotta agrese with that. DCE was ok, its his first game in the big game, showed some promise and looks likes he can only get better with experience. However Choco....sorry I don't normally bag our own players but his Dropmough curse struck again.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299932806[/time]

Ryan link said:
Brett Stewart was great.
I thought Robbo has found his pace again.
Lyon looked good until he went down.
As I mentioned the other day, Foran is a scrapper.
King did ok. Showed a lot of heart.
Seu Seu tried hard.

I won't celebrate anything else. We couldn't score.

Yeah I gotta agrese with that. DCE was ok, its his first game in the big game, showed some promise and looks likes he can only get better with experience. However Choco....sorry I don't normally bag our own players but his Dropmough curse struck again.

Greg choice link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186814.msg322333#msg322333 date=1299927937]
Given Manly fans are very hard taskmasters on their halfback, that was a more than adequate debut.  Has all the options, can put a man in the hole, is dangerous on his feet and can tackle.

But the best thing for mine was seeing the ball kicked more than 30 metres consistently.
Easily pleased if that was adequate then you are a low marker,
[/quote] First time I've ever been called that.  Might be a new signature for Cambo.

Darren link said:
not the Glenn I remember Cam , He has lost that sting in attack, used to make busts and put guys in gaps with those out wide moves, tackles well but isn't the force that he was in 2008/2009. I do expect much more from him. Watmough is probably in the same boat. Lots of reputations but not alot of star quality at present.

The thing is though and imo its the main reason. Back then our forwards were dominating and we were always going forward keeping a roll on. That made Glenn's life easier out wide as the defense was on the back foot most of the time. The last few years he's been trying his fancy moves moving sideways with flat support players eitherside against a defensive line thats moving forward. Its made his live a lot harder trying to do his thing with no momentum built up in attack.

Greg choice link said:
Easily pleased if that was adequate then you are a low marker, if he is as good as it gets for us as a halfback then we are not aiming high enough as a club.

Which halfback in the history of RL played better on his debut ? Its a serious question so put down the razor blade and type.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186814.msg322504#msg322504 date=1299932593]
Heck, imagine:-

08. Jared-Wearra Hargreaves
09. Matt Ballin
10. Lama Tasi
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Tony Williams

Younger, faster, hungrier, stronger, more passionate....etc etc etc....
buddy how many beers have u had

jwh isnt a prop

and king showed lots of passion and hungier tonight
[/quote]

LoL, I'm actually having a cup of tea TBH.

Mate, you know what - it's ever since I saw Prior play Centres and that for The Dragqueens, then jump into Prop that made me think like this. The game has become younger, faster, more mobile and up-tempo (****, I'm sounding like Dazza - not that that is a bad thing).

I'd love to see a couple of aggressive, mobile, passionater units right up the middle of the field, with players that have a bit of diversity.

BUUUUT, like people have said, I thought Vaeliki was a good player, so I should just shut the **** up.

on ya Ryan, now you ARE going to get hammered  :D ;)  I have given up posting that stuff. I was told I know nothing, I was very wrong, wasn't I?  ::)

The team is slow and looks old, look at the difference between storm and us in metres. They went so much further. Imagine what Dragons, Roosters, Broncos, Rabbits will do.  :-\

Darren link said:
on ya Ryan, now you ARE going to get hammered  :D ;)  I have given up posting that stuff. I was told I know nothing, I was very wrong, wasn't I?  ::)

The team is slow and looks old, look at the difference between storm and us in metres. They went so much further. Imagine what Dragons, Roosters, Broncos, Rabbits will do.  :-\

You do know nothing. 

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Greg choice link=topic=186814.msg322507#msg322507 date=1299932680]

Which halfback in the history of RL played better on his debut ? Its a serious question so put down the razor blade and type.
[/quote]

A serious answer.  Joey played pretty good in his starting debut game.  From memory he got 20+ points and got man of the match.

we will see Garts, my comments about long term injuries is so far correct, and we get bopped first game and Roosters away next week.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186814.msg322525#msg322525 date=1299933011]

LoL, I'm actually having a cup of tea TBH.
 Green tea doesn't come wrapped in aluminium foil you know Ryan.
[/quote]

Not for me sorry dude. Have no interest in drugs in any manner of life.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4