DCE SOO career really dead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't get too excited.
This will be just to run opposed sessions against the Qld defense. Hunt will be imitating the NSW halves.
Nothing else on it.

I know it may have been logistics but interesting the comment in the last sentence though.

"the inclusion of Hunt and McCullough is a nod to the state’s future"

Reality is
Gordon Tallis is an absolute goose and bad mouthed Cherry since the Titans backflip. DCE dodged a bullet there! QLD to scared to pick him re backlash from loyal fans because Gordy said he's a traitor!
Great for NSW and happy for our man Cherry to focus on club duties and winning more premierships.
Go manly !!

Yeah Tallis was most vocal as he probably saw it as an opportunity to make DCE the backflip scapegoat. Taking focus off his earlier demonstration of it.

That and he was butthurt that the best QLD halfback isn't playing for a OLD based club side (Melbourne included).

Gorden Tallis is a muppet. I found a paparazzi pic of him from the Dally M's last year. Look, he is the large one on the far left

muppets-blog-feature.jpg

I've said it before, DCE is on the nose with those idiots up north because he isn't 'Queensland' enough for them.
He doesn't seem to buy into the whole being from QLD is like being part of a cult/religion thing like the rest of those morons. Plus doesn't have the QLDer 'us vs the rest of the country ' chip on his shoulder or be blinded by maroon glasses that only allows him to be positive towards anything QLD.
His attitude seems to be more NSW player like in regards to origin and the state he's from......?

The funny thing is the biggest and first ever real back flipper is leading the anti- DCE brigade. Gordon, The Brain, Tallis.
And what about inglis? Couldn't go to sign with the Broncs because it was raining??? But that was ok.

Smith signing 2 contracts.....fine.

Tallis....absolute knob. I remember when he went off about killer saying how he had no right to not play for nsw. The guy is just a mouth....but not a very articulate one.

Queensland are doing the exact same thing NSW did toward the end of the Johns/Fittler era. NSW consistently over looked the likes of Matt Orford to pick their bum chums like Brett Finch and Trent Barrett. Hopefully they will suffer the same fate as NSW have over the same period. It shows to me that QLD is run by the players and Kevvie and Mal are just there to organise when training sessions are on, strapping and the travel arrangements.

Could it simply be logistics? Hunt is a lot closer to Sanctuary Cove than Cherry is on the northern Beaches. A short drive from Brisbane rather than an air flight from Sydney.

If QLD are picking players into their back-up/development based on proximity to training rather than skill then they're in for some trouble.

Also game 2 is in Sydney and the whole squad will be there soon to prep for game 2. DCE is already there.

If QLD are picking players into their back-up/development based on proximity to training rather than skill then they're in for some trouble.

Also game 2 is in Sydney and the whole squad will be there soon to prep for game 2. DCE is already there.

Can you honestly see Cherry getting called into camp when they are in Sydney for simulated sessions with an opposition?

Play for any of the 3 Qld based clubs....fine.
Play for Brisbane South (Melbourne).....fine.
Hell, play for the Warriors or even Canberra.....fine.

But unless you're a Greg Inglis type who was already established before he came to Sydney, play for a Sydney club and unless they need you (e.g. Napa).....you're on the nose. Even worse if like Cherry you had the chance to play for a Qld based club and you ultimately choose to play with or continue playing for a Sydney club.

DCE's Origin career back in the mix? Seriously, they have to choose Chez, surely he is in front of the pack at least by a neck?
He's easily up there @1969 , but as seen he won't even be mentioned. I'd love a journo to actually ask the question now and watch them squirm. As a Qlder my only hope is DCE, anyone else rolled out and it's goodbye series!

When was asked on NRL360 to run through his options, Walters offered up several names but Daly Cherry-Evans was a notable omission.

“Michael Morgan would be an option for us,” Walters offered.

“(Cameron) Munster was the 18th man so he’d be another one for us.

“Corey Norman’s being playing well for Parramatta so those sort of guys, Moses Mbye is another who that would possibly come into the picture so we have some options there but there’s only one little Johnny.”

From Fox Sports, It won't let me post a link yet.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8