DCE set ti sign until 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
they have confidence in what they have.
Norman will go well at 6 and Hunt will one day knocked Wallace out of the 7 jeresy.

lsz said:
No one else think this article is just positive PR spin designed to distract fans from the board / mismanagement issues?

When are we going to stop these conspiracy theories, we are getting nothing but good positive news, why does it have to matter if some of them are only furphies? DCE will stay and so will Foz, why would they want to leave when they are in the best position to be in a premiership winning side that will go back to back and a good chance of a rare trifecta?

susan said:
The background to this is pretty simple.Troy Eans is an old Rocky boy(as I am).The broncos coach Hook Griffin ia also a Rocky bloke who I knew when we were in our twenties.The CEO,White,is also a Rocky boy as is Paul Bunn( one of the recruitment guys) and Col Davis who manages a few of the juniors.The Broncos are basically a tight Rockhampton mob and DCE's father knows them well.Troy played for Norths and Redcliffe and Hook coached Redcliffe.Troy is a regular around QCup games.Broncos need a playmaker desperately and my mail is they have 2 in their sights and will get one of them.Cronk or DCE.Cronk went to school in Brisbane.Cronk will become the highest paid player in the game when his contract expires as their are no halves outside him and DCE.It will be the ultimate bidding war with a number of clubs involved.

Anyone who has anything to do with the Broncos will tell you they are a very professional organisation,particularly in junior development and coaching.They coached a few of my kids at Burleigh and it is first class stuff.(not that this reduces my Bronco hatred in any way).They rely very heavily on Qld kids loving the lifestyle up here and family connections up here.This fits in perfectly with DCE and his father who is heavily tied up with local league.They will be bidding heavily for Cronk and DCE and have plenty of money available with Lockyer leaving,this is an open secret up here..Lets hope they get Cronk or we can get DCE 'S signature very quickly.I love the kid and he is our future but family ties are a strong influence so dont be surprised if we struggle to keep him.In my view much will depend on whether our great club can get over this turmoil and perform well next year.If the wheels fall off(which I doubt very much) our job will be much tougher.

Some good points here, however I would be interested to know when Coopers contract is up for renewal, if it is before DCE then Cronk will be a Bronco. As I said in another reply, why would DCE leave a club that showed faith in him, gave him his first premiership, a quinella to come and the best chance of a trifecta ever. Another thing that no one has considered in the poss ability of a 3rd Queensland side coming into the comp and that would be Central Qld, and wouldn't that be a team that DCE would like to be a part of, anyway no other team is going to get him, he is staying put, my wife read in the cards...lol

Ceagle said:
The Broncos have an abundance of talent which is un-signed for 2013, they have McGuire, Glenn and Yow Yeh all of contract. Those 3 would have to chew up their whole cap if they re-sign with the Broncos.

Well said mate and BTW who gives a rats patanza about the bloody Broncos and how good and professional they are, they didnt win the premiership WE DID!

susan said:
No idea what you mean by "that theory".

It is irrelevant whether Brisbane gets another team,which will not be happening before 2015 in any case,so its hardly relevant here anyway.

A few facts

Salary cap will increase by plenty in 2013.How do you think Parra are paying Hoppa 850k.This inherently favours teams like Brisbane and Cowboys as it costs a hell of a lot less to live there than Sydney and Qld kids value the lifestyle.As the cap increases so does their advantage.A kid will always cop 250k and stay in the face of a 300k offer as their is no financial advantage to go.Whether there are 1 or 2 teams in Brisbane does not change that.

Brisbane rarely if ever lose players they want to keep.Those who leave are generally unwanted or sent packing.Many players play out their careers at the Broncos for a lot less than they could have got elsewhere.

Blind Freddy can see Brisbane is on the verge of a great era if they can fill their problem in the halves.The rest is well and truly covered.

Simply put they are going to go all out to attract DCE or Cronk or both.They will have ample cash and the lifestyle adavntage.

It is a waste of time arguing the point.We have a great young half who will be in huge demand given the dearth of talent at 7 in the NRL and it will be a huge battle to keep him,a battle I sincerely hope we win.He is a rare talent,we gave him his break and he may very well place a lot of importance on that.Lets hope so.

"Brisbane on the verge of a great era" ROTFLMAO... keep these quotes coming, we need a good laugh.

firechild said:
susan said:
players staying for less than offered by Sydney clubs

Not sure what that has to do with DCE since he has never been with the Donkeys, how could he be considered to be "staying for less"?

Rumous has it Lockyer was not on a huge salary and there was also the long service discount. They can't afford to replace him with a $350-400k player when they will be upgrading contracts for a number of other players.

they can they have $$$$$

*Civonceva is on a 1 year contract
* Inglis was signed for $500k a season and was let go without anyone being signed in his place.
* Justin Hodges will not be a Bronco past 2012.

Ernie I see no value in "set to" sign rumours

They are designed to help negotiations, squeeze extra money etc, and help spin

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7