DCE set ti sign until 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickyj

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-to-stay-put-at-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frexnr-1226164269936?sv=631d3c07bf3f4d8c4e8ecd8f3eff5f5a

Sounds good. See if they can get it done by the end of enxt season ;)

Excellent. I can see DCE becoming the kind of player who will get us other signings in the future. Players will want to play outside him as he is definitely quality.

if this is the case it is fantastic news. DCE has superstar written all over him. lets hope there is ink on that paper.

DCE staying put may also be strong encouragement for Fozza to stay with the club. Fingers crossed.

WAMF - what's the point of taking that shot? Sue didn't say DCE was gone but that there's a good chance he will end up at the Broncos down the track. I certainly hope we sign him for his next contract (not in the bag yet) and keep him for his whole careeer but he's only 22 at the moment so many years to go yet. Ridgepipe generally just let's us know what he hears around the traps without colouring things (like some) and he's happy to concede if he gets it wrong. I'll take his mail over most on this site and it's far better than the sniping from posters on both sides of the club political divide.

In terms of Susan's mail, there is talk around Brisbane re Cherry Evans as his dad is a good mate of the Bronco Coach. There are always lots of rumours around. Don't forget Ricky Stuart and Todd Carney are coming to Manly in 2007 and we are still waiting to sign Matt Orford from Melbourne!!!!

the sooner as they get him to sign the better and end the rumours.

I have a work college whose son is contracted to the broncos and he even mentioned the rumour to me.

I hope it's true, but I read the same sh*t in the papers about Hopoate and Hasler.... I'll celebrate when it's official.

We have an aging team that just won the premiership, this is the perfect recipe for a large turnover in the next couple of years. Cherry-Evans, Foran and Buhrer are the 3 blokes we need to tie down for their careers and build the team around!!

DCE is crucial to Manly going forward. As others have said we need to start looking to the future as our team is ageing in particular our forwards. Having a player of the quality of DCE signed to a long term deal will attract other quality players to our club. If we can keep the spine 1, 6, 7 & 9 intact we are looking strong post 2012.

Didn't someone from the Broncos say publicly they were not looking at DCE.
And didn;t DCE also say something about how he lived in Qld all his life and no ever from the broncos showed any interest in him.
Any player off contract used to be linked to Manly. I as he is ours he has to be linked to someone else.
But we will see soon I hope.

lsz said:
No one else think this article is just positive PR spin designed to distract fans from the board / mismanagement issues?

I think DCE will stay but there is alot of talk about Foran going to the Dogs. Im trying not to think about it but that interview on channel 7 was not encouraging, Foran is obviously in some sort of contract negotiations. If he wasn't he would have come out and said he is definitely staying with Manly. Fingers crossed and we can only try and stay positive.

Torana...
I think yr reading too much into Foran! He's been asked countless times about his future & not once have I heard him say he wants to leave or would consider it.

He did say on Fox Sports News & I quote "I'm happy at Manly. I love Manly & want my playing future there."

I think some of us are getting spooked. Let's give these boys some credit. The playing group are tight & I'm most certain Tooves has as much respect as Des from his playing days & years spent on coaching staff.

The only ones with out clauses we haven't heard from are the Stewart boys but with the financial & emotional support Manly have shown to their family in recent years I'm pretty confident we have little to worry about.

This is not certain but only my opinion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6