DCE Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I'm not embracing DCE, even if he does play well. First and foremost I think his new deal is terrible and he won't live up to it. I firmly back our admin in a) only offering him what they offered him and b) pulling it because NEVER FORGET that farcical negotiation process him and Orr put everyone through. He's also now said repeatedly that he doesn't really give a **** what the fans think OR he just tells us what to think.

Sorry mate, but I won't take advice from someone who holds Ben Barba in such high regard...

I didn't see that game, but don't get the Thurston love fest on this forum

Watch it. Our two million dollar babies could not even dream about pulling that off.On a week in week out basis he is light years ahead of them.

The fact DCE doesn't practice his kicking with Killer barely capable of hitting a barn door from 3 paces and seemingly one game away from injury each week and Joey as assistant coach is an absolute utter disgrace and he and the coach should be called to account. Are they kidding?

Watch it. Our two million dollar babies could not even dream about pulling that off.On a week in week out basis he is light years ahead of them.

The fact DCE doesn't practice his kicking with Killer barely capable of hitting a barn door from 3 paces and seemingly one game away from injury each week and Joey as assistant coach is an absolute utter disgrace and he and the coach should be called to account. Are they kidding?
We'll win this week irrespective of who kicks for us. However it is definitely a problem for us though.

the Cows forward pack really a rep forward pack though? Scott yep definitely. Tamou I believe is fairly overrated (and is struggling). Taumolola has potential and can be a real wrecking ball, but then the rest are: Gavin Cooper (solid), Ethan Lowe (again just a solid no frills), Kosjastyn (solid hooker). Hannant was a rep player (does he still?). Glenn Hall again solid.

So I wouldn't look at that pack as being anywhere near the best in the league. Yes I believe they hold their own usually.

But the other thing to me is their backline. Linnett, Winterstein, Wright, O'Neill. Nothing to write home about there.

Can you imagine the premierships JT would have won with our backline? Or behind our packs from 07-13?

100% correct. The greatest myth in Rugby League. Tamou had one or two good years and Tomololo has just started coming good last season and now after promising a lot. I have seen him play plenty of QCup. They have always had a back row of journeyman. Johnson didn't do much up there after the Storm either.
Other than Scott I cant really think of many really top class forwards over the Thurston era. I think Jason Smith may have had a retirement year up there and I suppose Lillyman and Webb played origin and Sims was good but spent 2 years on the sideline but what about these superstars- Cooper, Justin Smith,, Scott Bolton, Glen Hall, Steve Southern, Shane Tronc, Ray Cashmere, Corey Patterson, Willy Mason, Rick Thorby, Joel Riethmuller..the list goes on. Might have missed a legend but I doubt it.
Compare that lot to our pack in 08 or the Roosters and Bunnies lately.Their backline has never been top class other than Bowen and Tate for a couple of years and he has never had a decent half inside or outside of him.Morgan is a fullback.

Last edited:
100% correct. The greatest myth in Rugby League. Tamou had one or two good years and Tomololo has just started coming good last season and now after promising a lot. I have seen him play plenty of QCup. They have always had a back row of journeyman. Johnson didn't do much up there after the Storm either.
Other than Scott I cant really think of many really top class forwards over the Thurston era. I think Jason Smith may have had a retirement year up there and I suppose Lillyman and Webb played origin and Sims was good but spent 2 years on the sideline but what about these superstars- Cooper, Justin Smith,, Scott Bolton, Glen Hall, Steve Southern, Shane Tronc, Ray Cashmere, Corey Patterson, Willy Mason, Rick Thorby, Joel Riethmuller..the list goes on. Might have missed a legend but I doubt it.
Compare that lot to our pack in 08 or the Roosters and Bunnies lately.Their backline has never been top class other than Bowen and Tate for a couple of years and he has never had a decent half inside or outside of him.Morgan is a fullback.
Dallas Johnson, webb, tamou and scott have all played for Australia. Taumololo, Rapira for NZ. Luke O'donnel for NSW. As well as the ones you mentioned.

How many internationals do we have in our pack currently though? They have 4 by my count

Thurston has been there for a decade.Those mentioned above didn't all play together for a start. Tomololo has had one big year last year,Johnson was nothing but a tackler when he went there, Webb was hot and very cold and Rapira was not there long and was no standout. Not much to show for a decade.My point is he has rarely played behind a great pack like the dominant teams of the era - Us,Bunnies,Roosters,Dogs and Storm.
Put it this way- If Thurston played behind gift, choc,beaver, kitey and co for a decade and threw passes to Snake and Killer all day we would have been almost unbeateable.

Last edited:
They didn't all play together for a start. Tomololo has had one big year last year,Johnson was nothing but a tackler when he went there, Webb was hot and very cold and Rapira was not there long and was no standout. Not much to show for a 10 year period.
Put it this way- If Thurston played behind gift, choc,beaver, kitey and co for a decade and threw passes to Snake and Killer all day we would have been almost unbeateable.
and we wouldn't have been able to afford any of those stars you just spoke about because ever since Thurston left the dogs hes been on big coin

Thurston has been there for a decade.Those mentioned above didn't all play together for a start. Tomololo has had one big year last year,Johnson was nothing but a tackler when he went there, Webb was hot and very cold and Rapira was not there long and was no standout. Not much to show for a decade.My point is he has rarely played behind a great pack like the dominant teams of the era - Us,Bunnies,Roosters,Dogs and Storm.
This 100%. Aside from the fact that we wouldn't be able to afford him/keep our forward stars, the argument is correct. If we had Thurston behind our pack a few years ago we win 4 plus premierships.

and we wouldn't have been able to afford any of those stars you just spoke about because ever since Thurston left the dogs hes been on big coin

The kind of coin that Foran and DCE are now commanding, which I think is kinda his point.

Would not have been able to afford ""any of those stars""!!

How does that math work guys.He has been on no more than 500 or 600k till the last contract. The extra 200 or 300k spent on him might have cost any of the above teams one or two of those stars at the very most with the added bonus of attracting up and coming players to the club.

Anyway Orford was being paid as much or more for part of that time after Thurston left the Dogs and I didn't see any mass shedding of players.Players will stay for less to play in great teams with champion players.We know that from experience.

Anyway the point is in terms of value based on their new contracts he eats the million dollar babies and I think we all agree on that.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7