DCE Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Um....Kiwi Eagle, I know he 'won' a premiership with the Rorters, but are you seriously comparing Pearce to Thurston? Even in club football.

Um....Kiwi Eagle, I know he 'won' a premiership with the Rorters, but are you seriously comparing Pearce to Thurston? Even in club football.
I have to say I think pearce has been a much better half for his club than Thurston this year. Watch the games. Thurston has gone missing. I keep waiting for the bloke that apparently puts the team on his shoulders and wins but he can't do it without a dominant pack anymore just like most halves

The questions have been heavily edited this time

One got through though

• Can you get off this chat and go practice kicking goals please?

^ Agree that Pearce has been much better than expected this year. In fact he's been on the improve for the last couple of years. I think Shane Hayne letting him knock the ball on early in the 2013 grand final and get away with it was a turning point. Did his confidence the world of good…

I'm sorry guys but I don't agree with the DCE hate on here, we withdrew our offer and told him to shop around, he never denied that he was looking for the best offer. He has still put in effort for each of his games and is not a key reason for our piss poor performances so far and I'm still secretly hoping he re-signs before 30 June. Foran on the other hand... heaven have mercy on him next year when he returns to Brookie in a parra jersey

I didn't see that game, but don't get the Thurston love fest on this forum

He kicked a winning field goal to take his team to 1/4 this season, playing behind a rep forward pack. DCE dominated the Storm game and got a win for his side as well
Thurston has also never lead his team to a Premiership despite having the roster to do so over the past few seasons

So why the love fest on JT ?

Is the Cows forward pack really a rep forward pack though? Scott yep definitely. Tamou I believe is fairly overrated (and is struggling). Taumolola has potential and can be a real wrecking ball, but then the rest are: Gavin Cooper (solid), Ethan Lowe (again just a solid no frills), Kosjastyn (solid hooker). Hannant was a rep player (does he still?). Glenn Hall again solid.

So I wouldn't look at that pack as being anywhere near the best in the league. Yes I believe they hold their own usually.

But the other thing to me is their backline. Linnett, Winterstein, Wright, O'Neill. Nothing to write home about there.

Can you imagine the premierships JT would have won with our backline? Or behind our packs from 07-13?

And alternatively how many would Foran or DCE won behind the Cows pack and on their backline? That's not to denigrate them, I believe no half would have. But I believe with JT in our side we would have won a lot more of the close games that we should have in recent years, he (and Cronk) would have closed the games out.

I'm sorry guys but I don't agree with the DCE hate on here, we withdrew our offer and told him to shop around, he never denied that he was looking for the best offer. He has still put in effort for each of his games and is not a key reason for our piss poor performances so far and I'm still secretly hoping he re-signs before 30 June. Foran on the other hand... heaven have mercy on him next year when he returns to Brookie in a parra jersey

Well said Baz, I'm with you 100%, Manly withdrew the offer. Everything DCE did he did it openly (poorly guided by his dead beat manager) and yes I too hope Manly come to some agreement with DCE before the June 30 deadline.

Well said Baz, I'm with you 100%, Manly withdrew the offer. Everything DCE did he did it openly (poorly guided by his dead beat manager) and yes I too hope Manly come to some agreement with DCE before the June 30 deadline.
Maybe, but on Manly's terms only. Under no circumstances should they match the Tits offer just to placate him. It's horrible and you end up with DCE opting out after the 2017 season and the whole farcical situation starts up again. Plus he's shown what his value is and it's not at those numbers...

• 2 hours ago

Q: Do you have a message for your fans?

DCE: "Hang in there. I think they've had a lot of success to cheer about over the years and every

club goes through these lulls.

"It's a two-game losing streak so let's be realistic. It' s not the end of the world.

"If fans want to jump and scream about it, you can't really call yourself a true fan, can you?@:mad:

"I'm sure the ones that mean the most to the club will be the ones there supporting us, no matter the result."

• 6 hours ago

Leave your questions for Manly Sea Eagles star Daly Cherry-Evans here. We'll ask him the best ones at his press conference today. Answers from 1.30pm (AEDT).

Sportal

• 43 minutes ago

Can you go to the titans now?

John

• 43 minutes ago

Manly just haven't started the year badly, they have started like contenders for the spoon! Why are we not showing pride in the jumper Daly (in general) because that is what it looks like to the fans? I will still cheer etc, etc but OMG, we are much better than the trash that has been served up in the first 3 rounds!

Anthony Baldwin

• an hour ago

Fans are realistic - it's not just a couple of bad games. This goes back to before the finals last year. And it's also not really your place to tell fans how they should be feeling. Especially when you are bailing on the club. You should be a little more respectful as it's the fans who pump dollars into the game and keep you employed...

Mick

• an hour ago

Q: Have things changed since you did that interview with Sterlo...since you laid your case bare as to why you were leaving Manly for the Gold Coast?

DCE: "I think it opened a few eyes to a few home truths.":wondering:

Sportal

Q: Can you end the slump?

DCE: "I think things will change. We need to keep working hard and make it happen for ourselves and not wait for someone else to do it for us."

Sportal

• an hour ago

Q: How do you feel about this week's game being taken away from Brookie to Albury?

DCE: "It's blessing in disguise we're not there at the moment given the way the field is at the moment. It's a big concern for player safety. We miss the good atmosphere that Brookvale brings but given there are injury concerns over the state of the field, it's best we take that game elsewhere."

Sportal

• 2 hours ago

Q: What do you make of your own form of late?

DCE: "It's been hard to build combinations but I'm working hard. There's a few attributes to my game that I feel have been going really well but there are also things I'd like to improve on."

Sportal

• 2 hours ago

Q: Does Manly have the squad to make the finals for 11 years running?

DCE: "We understand we're in a tough predicament, only winning one game from the first four rounds.

"It's unfamiliar but it's a test for the older guys who have been here for a while. We need to change it and change it quickly which I'm sure we're capable of."

Sportal

• 2 hours ago

Q: How did you feel when they made you come off the field on Sat? And what do you think about the concussion rule?

DCE: "I copped a reasonable hit to the head which hurt but at no stage did I feel concussed. But you have to leave the field - there is no argument.

"He (the club doctor) had more than one person to answer to which is difficult. It's early stages so with any new rule or procedure there are going to be teething problems. I'm sure the players are doing their best for player safety.

"It's just the flavour of the month at the moment and you guys as the media will drum it up more than it has to be. I think it will blow over and everything will settle down."

Sportal

• 2 hours ago

How's the head Daly? Right to go this weekend? Any chance you'll start wearing headgear?

Stephen

DCE: I can honestly say I wasn't concussed. I wasn't wobble-legged, I wasn't dazed

• 2 hours ago

Q: How's the side coping with all the injuries?

DCE: "We've had a lot of injuries, which is a concern. But after the way we finished last year with the injuries that bundled us out of the finals, I'd much prefer to have them now and have a full strength side to fight for a finals spot and go through that finals series with a full 17."

Sportal

• 2 hours ago

Q; There is a lot of anger and disappointment over the way the team is going. Is that fair?

Sportal

DCE: That's just rugby league fans in general@:mad:

• 5 hours ago

Any chance you gonna stay at manly?

Mark

• 5 hours ago

Can you get off this chat and go practice kicking goals please?

Loobs

• 5 hours ago

Manly fans have lost confidence in you, can you turn that around with some strong performances on the field?

nick

• 5 hours ago

Does manly have the squad to make the finals for 11 years running?

hayden

Agree Manly shouldn't match the Tits offer
Maybe, but on Manly's terms only. Under no circumstances should they match the Tits offer just to placate him. It's horrible and you end up with DCE opting out after the 2017 season and the whole farcical situation starts up again. Plus he's shown what his value is and it's not at those numbers...

Agree Manly shouldn't match the Tits offer but they do need to find equal ground to move forward. DCE has stated he didn't want to leave Manly, so surely they can work something out (without the dead beat manager). Like everyone else I've been watching DCE's plays closely since he signed with the other mob and if anything he is trying to hard which IMO means he still wants to be here. Mr Kelly it's your call but just one thing, you don't sack a player without a better player to replace him.

Was this really a "Press Conference"?
How many other "press" organisations were there?
What was announced?
To me it looks like a tame interview organised by Sportal cause they had nothin' better to do...

• 2 hours ago

"If fans want to jump and scream about it, you can't really call yourself a true fan, can you?@:mad:

"I'm sure the ones that mean the most to the club will be the ones there supporting us, no matter the result."

Q; There is a lot of anger and disappointment over the way the team is going. Is that fair?

Sportal

DCE: That's just rugby league fans in general@:mad:

@Mark from Brisbane Can you please have a word to Mr Cherry Evans and explain that fans are in fact customers and without customers you can't be a brand.

Agree. Kelly and Penn totally botched the negotiations.

Too much is falling on the hands of DCE. He's our best player, and been one of the best performers so far in a dismal start to the season, but it feels like if he can't come up with a magic play we've got nothing? I couldn't imagine how we'd be going without him so far, considering he's topped the tackle count on occasions and set up 6 out of 8 tries. It can't be up to DCE to carry the team every week, like he stated in the press conference, players are waiting for someone else to do something. The management are clowns letting our best player go, we will be stuffed next year.

I thought the one shining light from last Saturday night was DCE's long kicking game. He kicked to space numerous times and came up with the 40/20.

I just don't get the DCE lovefest. Against the dogs he was terrible and whilst better against saints he still wasn't good.
Plus he's put this club through so much angst ( and Foran of course).
Every single chance he has gotten he has pushed up his price, every chance!!
Let's say we do get him to do a backflip and stay, then what? I'll tell you what, mid 2016 he'll be after another pay rise. 1.5 mil anyone?
Look I'm not saying he can't play, he can but fmd he has caused some sh!t. If he stays I'd hope it would be for not to much more than what he's on. He just doesn't breath Manly like others do......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4