[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes I agree.
The support around him was pathetic tonight. The timing is off everywhere. DCE is only one running to structure and the rest are clueless.
Oh well, the result is season over
NYEagle
I have to agree. There were a few occasions DCE got back to first receiver had a look and nobody was back on side!! The backs Elliot and Jorge are so slow.
At least Garrick runs back fast. They figured out not to kick to him though tonight. Waddell gets smashed and Crocker gets in the way.

DCE must be doing his head in with some of the options his players are taking, they go missing . You see DCE standing there waiting for it and Crocker goes himself on the last!!

Jake too is Hogging it too much.

Just too many good players out

Not DCE's fault. I saw this same criticism of Cliff Lyons, even my the media, when the Sea Eagles had an inept back line. If you dont have the players around you, supporting you, its easy to look inept. DCE is the only player presently in the back line I would definitely keep. Given a decent 5/8 and backline, he would be a champion again.

DCE is not your Thurston or Cronk or even your Sterling or Johns
Manly paid overs for him but they didn’t have to that ended up as a cluster F#&@%k but he is one of the best 1/2 backs around
Manly have been not Treated by the gods of late but that’s not excuse
but things add up , To be successful you need to be injury free your combinations to be on the paddock , If and a big if , If tommy and Fainu were in the team week in week out Manly would be getting different results
Storm have Scam Smith week in week out and it shows Roosters Have Keary and Tedescoe and it shows
DCE needs that that’s the way he is
Some Others I’ve mentioned don’t need that but at the end of the day it’s a team effort all working together Manly wI’ll get there and DCE will be there are at the forefront

Last edited:
Not DCE's fault. I saw this same criticism of Cliff Lyons, even my the media, when the Sea Eagles had an inept back line. If you dont have the players around you, supporting you, its easy to look inept. DCE is the only player presently in the back line I would definitely keep. Given a decent 5/8 and backline, he would be a champion again.
The great cliff Lyons and DCE should never ever ever be spoken about in the same sentence.

Even after 16 winny reds in 16 minutes Clifford would run rings around Dce.

And problem is and will continue to be that he takes far far far to much of our cap to buy anyone of note to help us..

1st tackle of the game. DCE takes the ball from kickoff and steps back toward the sideline on a wet surface. Into touch, pressure straight away , set restarts, set restarts, try Warriors and game momentum lost right there. This is the captain, the most highly paid player in the game. I'm sorry but he is an over priced myth that will continue to lead us to mediocrity.

The great cliff Lyons and DCE should never ever ever be spoken about in the same sentence.

Even after 16 winny reds in 16 minutes Clifford would run rings around Dce.

And problem is and will continue to be that he takes far far far to much of our cap to buy anyone of note to help us..

Disagree totally, sorry. DCE is an outstanding half, who is struggling with an inept back line. I do remember Lyons being castigated at one stage, even by the media, because he was struggling with a back line that had no oomph in the early 1990s. Perhaps you don't recall but I remember it well and was angered by it knowing it wasn't Lyons' fault, but didn't stop the media and fans attacking him. There were even calls for his head.

Like any half, they need players outside them or even forwards that take advantage of their skills. In a good side as shown in 2011, he was a champion player. Trouble is since 2015 he has had a very average back line to set up, especially as Stewart, Matai and Lyon had had their day. Only Tom T added support and DCE had a great combination with Tom when Tom was on the field. Easy to forget those days.

Disagree totally, sorry. DCE is an outstanding half, who is struggling with an inept back line. I do remember Lyons being castigated at one stage, even by the media, because he was struggling with a back line that had no oomph in the early 1990s. Perhaps you don't recall but I remember it well and was angered by it knowing it wasn't Lyons' fault, but didn't stop the media and fans attacking him. There were even calls for his head.

Like any half, they need players outside them or even forwards that take advantage of their skills. In a good side as shown in 2011, he is a champion player. Trouble is since 2015 he has had a very average back line to set up, especially as Stewart, Matai and Lyon had had their day. Only Tom T added support and DCE had a great combination with Tom when Tom was on the field. Easy to forget those days.
Sorry completely disagree.
Sure Cliff had a lean run but not even close to Dce. And once Cliffy was on we had 3 or 4 yrs of domination. And big big big difference was Cliff did not take all our money. Dce does ( not necessarily his fault).

And in 2011 like you yourself have said he did well... why? Because he was a cog in a champion side- Lyon, Matai, Stewart bros ect. They all took unders to become a champion side.

And since it’s became ‘his’ side....fuking nada, zero, nothing, zilch. I’d literally take any other half to free us up from his ridiculous contract. In 2015 I said we wouldn’t win another premiership with him as half, as documented on here. Nothing has changed..

I don’t expect Cherry to win games single handedly. What I want from a half back on his coin is that he scheme and plan and make the team and the other players on the field (ours not theirs) appreciably better. Cherry just doesn’t do that. He runs around playing his own game as best he can while around him the team flounders.

A good half would look at Olakau’atu and think. “That blokes big and fast, how about I position myself to get the ball where I can run that big bloke at their small defenders”. It’s the kind of discussion Cherry never seems to have with himself. Instead he runs upright along the sideline in the pouring rain and gets bundled over the sideline when someone with the brains of a goldfish would have gone to ground.

I guess the planets didn't align tonight either ?? Wasn't going to be a great night based on that first touch of the game. Tried hard, made some good tackles, and spoke well. Usual story. Hopefully the mojo will return, but it's getting close to being too late for 2020 now. 3 more years.

I guess the planets didn't align tonight either ?? Wasn't going to be a great night based on that first touch of the game. Tried hard, made some good tackles, and spoke well. Usual story. Hopefully the mojo will return, but it's getting close to being too late for 2020 now. 3 more years.
3 more years..

Our kicking game is woeful, arguably the worst in the comp. Certainly our stats of one try from kicks in 13 matches bears this out.
Cust wasn't any better tonight.
Yet, there is a kid awaiting his chance who is a wizard with kicks, offloads and deft passes. Christ, his name is The Shoe! He is our only hope of kick starting our season. Play him at 5/8. Put Cust on the reserves bench instead of Froggy.
What have we got to lose?

Our kicking game is woeful, arguably the worst in the comp. Certainly our stats of one try from kicks in 13 matches bears this out.
Cust wasn't any better tonight.
Yet, there is a kid awaiting his chance who is a wizard with kicks, offloads and deft passes. Christ, his name is The Shoe! He is our only hope of kick starting our season. Play him at 5/8. Put Cust on the reserves bench instead of Froggy.
What have we got to lose?
I can never understand why DCE grubbers the ball across field 20 out from the line????? It's a nothing play. Applies no pressure.Put it up in the corner.. we could score of it, drive the player back into the in goal, pin the opposition in the corner start of set.

Sorry completely disagree.
Sure Cliff had a lean run but not even close to Dce. And once Cliffy was on we had 3 or 4 yrs of domination. And big big big difference was Cliff did not take all our money. Dce does ( not necessarily his fault).

And in 2011 like you yourself have said he did well... why? Because he was a cog in a champion side- Lyon, Matai, Stewart bros ect. They all took unders to become a champion side.

And since it’s became ‘his’ side....fuking nada, zero, nothing, zilch. I’d literally take any other half to free us up from his ridiculous contract. In 2015 I said we wouldn’t win another premiership with him as half, as documented on here. Nothing has changed..

Cliff had good years because he had good players around him. Cliff was a magic player, no doubt, but without the players around him who benefitted from his brilliance such as Shearer, O'Connor, Hasler, Innes. Hill, Hopoate, Danny Gartner, Kosef, Toovey and of course Menzies, he would not have been the player we loved so much. Lyons had the advantage of being able to set up a great set of champion players.

Who has DCE had since 2015. The answer Tom Trbojevic and he's been injured so often. There's been no one else of substance. Maybe Walker for a time. But its been a pretty lean period for Manly back lines and even Lyons would have struggled to make an impact. Unrealistic for DCE to play a one man band.

Great players usually need top class players around them to take advantage of their skills. Thurston had Bowen, Sing, Morgan Willie Tonga. Johns had Gidley, MacDougall. Kennedy, Buderus, Sergeant , Haragon, Albert. Cronk had Folau,, Matt King, Cam Smith, Slater, Munster, Ingliss at various stage in his career at Melbourne and Keary, Tedesco at Sydney City etc. Great players have great supports. What has DCE got with Turbo out?

You've got to be realistic. One play maker, is one player to shut down for the opposition. If there is no one else threatening, of course you are not going to see the best from your principal play maker. That's why Lyons struggled in the early 90s and I assure you he was given a pasting just like DCE back then. I remember it and was annoyed with it.

Cliff had good years because he had good players around him. Cliff was a magic player, no doubt, but without the players around him who benefitted from his brilliance such as Shearer, O'Connor, Hasler, Innes. Hill, Hopoate, Danny Gartner, Kosef, Toovey and of course Menzies, he would not have been the player we loved so much. Lyons had the advantage of being able to set up a great set of champion players.

Who has DCE had since 2015. The answer Tom Trbojevic and he's been injured so often. There's been no one else of substance. Maybe Walker for a time. But its been a pretty lean period for Manly back lines and even Lyons would have struggled to make an impact. Unrealistic for DCE to play a one man band.

Great players usually need top class players around them to take advantage of their skills. Thurston had Bowen, Sing, Morgan Willie Tonga. Johns had Gidley, MacDougall. Kennedy, Buderus, Sergeant , Haragon, Albert. Cronk had Folau,, Matt King, Cam Smith, Slater, Munster, Ingliss at various stage in his career at Melbourne and Keary, Tedesco at Sydney City etc. Great players have great supports. What has DCE got with Turbo out?

You've got to be realistic. One play maker, is one player to shut down for the opposition. If there is no one else threatening, of course you are not going to see the best from your principal play maker. That's why Lyons struggled in the early 90s and I assure you he was given a pasting just like DCE back then. I remember it and was annoyed with it.
Going round in circles I think Bear, I agree he needs good players around him. Unfortunately due to the fact he takes over 10% of our cap we simply can’t afford to purchase those players needed.
And definitely disagree he is the same class a Cliff.
Appreciate the constructive argument though and 100% hope he leads us to premiership glory...
I just don’t think he will. I’d be very very very happy man if he did, and happily buy beers all night for you if that was to happen....

Like any half, they need players outside them or even forwards that take advantage of their skills. In a good side as shown in 2011, he was a champion player. Trouble is since 2015 he has had a very average back line to set up, especially as Stewart, Matai and Lyon had had their day. Only Tom T added support and DCE had a great combination with Tom when Tom was on the field. Easy to forget those days.
And that inept backline pushed his foot out of touch how?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10