[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
L
Lets put things in perspective feathered friends
A few off games do not define the Greatness of DCE
Even The Great Bradman was out for a duck and some low scores
DCE is a Legend and the Legend will live on
Watch him bounce back like he always does
Watch this space !!!
View attachment 14817
Love your optimism but riddle me this: if Cherry was playing for the Broncos and playing with the same energy and creativity, would you be predicting his resurgence?

he is our half back and captain and we will keep cheering and hoping but Cherry would have to rebound spectacularly to be on eye level with Luke Brooks.

L

Love your optimism but riddle me this: if Cherry was playing for the Broncos and playing with the same energy and creativity, would you be predicting his resurgence?

he is our half back and captain and we will keep cheering and hoping but Cherry would have to rebound spectacularly to be on eye level with Luke Brooks.
There are no if and buts in my equation feathered friend
The way I see it is that Cherry is not playing for the Broncos he is playing for Manly and I have seen him lift over and over again to lift the Manly Sea eagles to victories over and over again
Have faith in DCE's and Manlys resurrection

The undisputed fact is that DCE has been 'up' for many years. Currently he is not playing at the same standard as he has done for the past 7-8 seasons.
Hopefully it is just a case of selecting more playmakers in the team that will take some of the pressures off him.
So, Des, over to you.

Des seems to be resorting back to his Dogs days with forwards,Jake in this instance,becoming first receivers and we know how that turned out
Might help if he had support players either side of him as he hits it up. Many times he seems to look about then think oh well looks like its me again, so trundles into the defence.

As for DCE, hes probably playing injured for all we know. We need him, he's a thorough professional, so whatever his shortcomings I think he's the least of our worries really.

We do desperately need another point of attack, Fainu provided that last year but we are still looking for our Plan B.

Midway through the 2nd half as we are chasing points dce does a 30 odd metres grubber kick in a straight line straight to a saints player on the 4th tackle. Absolutely disgusting.

Yeah, I'm sure he meant it, just like dropping the ball a few times.
One of those games I'm afraid, we've all had 'em and if we haven't then you weren't trying.

I have always been a DCE fan but the last 4 years have been just hit or miss with DCE.

He plays the odd good game, kicks that winning field goal etc and then there are just as many games he is completely AWOL or just plain bad.

Surely we are allowed to be honest about it in the forum (e.g. I can talk sh*** about my family but no one else can)

He may be ours but lets be honest he is very very inconsistent and his bad can be very very bad,
If you think a champion halfback always should translate to a champion team then I suggest you check out the results of, for example, Knights and Cows during the careers of players like Johns and Thurston.
And no I'm not suggesting he is as good as those players, but fact remains he is heavily spotted every time Manly plays, and has been on a weekly basis since about 2012.

Mate i'm sure if you go through the archives you will see the same old same old threads regarding DCE back to the Barrett years.
He has been inconsistent for a long time.
QLD never gave him a run, and they still wouldn't have if they didn't end up desperate.

The fact is fans are going to be less forgiving when he is the highest paid player in the NRL.

I want the bad games to be infrequent not the same odds as a coin toss for that sort of money.
Great, name the player we will sign to replace him, and how much you will pay for him.
(This should be good!)

He's a top tier halfback. In my opinion and a lot of other people's opinion, was the halfback of the year last year. Was much better and clinical than flat track bully Mitchell Moses. I feel like this year especially after Turbo's injury, he rather overdoes it or he just goes full MIA. His support cast in a good number 9, Tom Turbo, or a good number 6, is when he actually plays like a million dollar man. When turbo was there, amazing, when turbo wasn't he still had api or fainu to ride off. In 2017, another great year for him, Blake Green was perfect to take heat away from him and let DCE do his own thing without always having to organise.I don't think he can carry a team but he rides off very well when everything clicks for us and then he is able to outshine. I dont like making excuses for him especially with his poor form this year. But everyone needs to relax with him.

How funny is it people on here keep saying he hasn't played any good for years. Hasn't been up for it for 7 or 8 years. Far out, your not the QLD captain and Australian half back if you are not any good. Why didn't they pick Cleary at half back or Pearce or Moses or Luke Brooks? Because DCE was the best halfback last year!! I guess the players that play NRL, the commentators, the rep selectors think he hasn't played any good for years too? No, they rate him as one of the best in the game, even Gallens article today said he has been Manly's most consistent player and deserves his pay check, Greg Alexander the other night was talking him up what a leader he has become. These are people that actually play the game and know what they are talking about.

He had a shocker on the weekend, and is playing below his best this year, I don't think any player deserves to be on 1.3 million, the most should be 1 million and DCE deserves that.

Mate i'm sure if you go through the archives you will see the same old same old threads regarding DCE back to the Barrett years.
He has been inconsistent for a long time.
QLD never gave him a run, and they still wouldn't have if they didn't end up desperate.

The fact is fans are going to be less forgiving when he is the highest paid player in the NRL.

I want the bad games to be infrequent not the same odds as a coin toss for that sort of money.
Your problem is you have a very poor memory, or just a selective one. He has had a few off games over the past 4 years, but so has every football player!! Name one half that has been consistently great like you expect DCE to be? I cannot think of any and definitely none better than DCE, especially what he has had to play with around him at times. He's a professional, he will turn his form around.

Midway through the 2nd half as we are chasing points dce does a 30 odd metres grubber kick in a straight line straight to a saints player on the 4th tackle. Absolutely disgusting.
Yeh I know, normally he is grubbering for touch in those circumstances. Don't know what got into him.

I have no doubt DCE will play brilliantly and lead us to victory over the next three weeks. His organisational skills and heads up play will make us the envy of the league. Even if none of this comes true we will still be there, and still be here, in August. Supporting a team means you cheer for them even when they’re loosing. We lived through the Barrett debacle and we can handle what ever this year throws at us.

It's like people expected a 3/3 for the past few weeks with Tom Walker and now AFB out. Fact is last year we got through if because Fainu literally did single handedly win us a game or two when tom was out (2 tries vs the Warriors). This year, who do we have? Levi. He is garbage.

I think priority #1 for Des would be signing a good outside back that can cover fullback. Peta Hiku would be ideal as he is a gun centre/wing but also would have some flair at fullback. I think people underestimate the Dylan Walker injury... he was huge in our wins before being injured. He would also likely be in the #1 Jersey when tom is out.

It's time the blokes who add hardly any attacking spark are caught out - Jorge hasn't offered anything other than big hits and carries since 2014. Parker I was sold on but have realised how he is still a passenger in attack. He is a great player when we have Tom & Dylan to create for us, and have DCE giving Suli clean ball - he is the perfect foil for creativity as he is hugely reliable in defence. But when 2 key attacking players are out he offers SFA as he can't fill the gap in attack. Oh and I reckon Michael Robertson would play better than Elliott right now at fullback.

When we're low, give it to the youngsters. Time to blood Metcalf, Schuster and Hopoate. Persevere with the Cust / DCE combo, they looked great before the Dragons game. Patience Silvertails, we just need a few wins over the next 6-7 weeks and then when Tom is back we will go 4/4.

When Walker is back in Round 12-13 I will be much more confident. We really need Suli to step up, unfortunately he is only effective when DCE gives him clean ball and he has good space out wide. Needs to get more stuck in.

Des seems to be resorting back to his Dogs days with forwards,Jake in this instance,becoming first receivers and we know how that turned out
The difference is he had kasiano as a ball player & best offloads I’d seen.I wouldn’t mind jake been in a similar role but he doesn’t have it.

If you think a champion halfback always should translate to a champion team then I suggest you check out the results of, for example, Knights and Cows during the careers of players like Johns and Thurston.
And no I'm not suggesting he is as good as those players, but fact remains he is heavily spotted every time Manly plays, and has been on a weekly basis since about 2012.
Knights won two premierships with pretty average rosters while Johns played.The second with Sean Rudder at five eight against a Parra side who were statistically a very dominant team over the season. Not sure that’s a failure SE8.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10