[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
G'day all, I watched the game yesterday and we were owned across the park.In my opinion there was not one of our players who you could say outplayed his opposite.How much of that is because of a lack of leadership or direction from our captain is a debatable issue.However three sharks tries were from poor one on one misses in defence and two more came in the ensuing sets after we dropped the ball.It may not of been his best game yesterday,but he wasn't flying solo either.
cheers mike

perhaps but given we were before this round one win ( stolen by the Squeels ) from 1st on the ladder we are going OK. The entire team is out of sorts to some extent.

Bring Back the Biff is on a one man mission to convince the world that Dylan Walker has been our saviour at 5/8 and has outplayed DCE in most of the matches this year. I do see DW and his flashes of brilliance surrounded by 70 min of poop. who's correct probably neither of us and the truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

Others on here cream themselves over Nathan (this time last year i was over rated and crap) Cleary and Mitchell ( after 6 ****e years is starting to play well) Moses. Or how about rooters no.6 who is surrounded by a team built on brown paper bags and rep quality.

the rest of the competition is

Reynolds @ Souths - good one year ****e the next
Foran @ dogs - well lets not even go there
Munster @ storm - has scam smith running the show say no more
Ben Hunt @ Dragons - ha ha ha ha ha
Dog boy Renyolds and Brooks @ tigpies - diamonds and coal - won nothing nada.
Milford @ donkeys - Now there is a Myth ( stole your favourite word Biff)
Pierce @ drugcastle - again Mr almost but never that good

Shall i go on?

We have a team leader who is woefully out of form and i really do hope that swings around soon. he has always been a great Manly man and will be again.

I ressurected a 4 yo thread last week. Many people saying the same things. I know i could go back further. Im not suggesting its form and rather a lack of skill, but more importantly application.

Year 5 of his contract we are only buying a top number 6 if we get rid of 2 prominant players. If we unearth schuster on the cheap , he just does a DCE and sits it out until me gets more and we release players

DCE best form was when we had ballin at hooker, not creative, not a kicker, better than levi but similar. Others did the job , pure and simple
Cherry looked good because he plays off the back of momentum. He does not look to creat it, or thwart it.
He is essentially an overpaid fancy pants.

Quite simply our team needs tools it does not have. Cherry could have a go at adding a few extras or we need to trade him to get them, because its his area that is lacking.

Green, Hodko, hastings, croker, cust walker,
We just keep searching for someone to do 80% of the job on 10% of the wage, while mr 90 % revenue is waiting for them to sort it before he injects himself

FFS have a go, run at a gap, get ironed out once trying to put someone away but he really doesnt get his hands dirty when it come to "Team Halves"

Certainly was below par yesterday with some poor positional play and even allowing for the wetter conditions , just too predictable . Seemed to be too much one out running also which probably did limit his options but really should have the experience and mindset by now to read and direct the play better and effective kicking on a more consistent basis . . . Seems to work well with Suli which may help his attacking options [ and i know that it has been said many times before ] but really just has to be more attune to direct the play better . Never seems to lack any defensive resolve but just has to make more things happen , agree , it is not as if he is not capable of it . ,

You said every half would have a field day with good players around them - exactly what the teams that win grand finals have had. DCE is world class, best half back in the game who is playing down on form with no 5/8 and an average hooker. Before Tom got injured last week we really should of won 6 from 7 - so not going too badly.
No I said if every player around them served everything on a platter.. you put DCE in that roosters team instead of cronk that year.. and the roosters don't win the premiership. Sad but true. Kearys game wouldn't of developed like it has to potentially claim a threepeat. Your loyalty to DCE is honourable, maybe blinded?? But Cleary, Foran, Keary, Moses, Johnson are all better halfbacks than him. Lucky two are kiwi, one doesn't even play halfback, and two are just kicking off their careers otherwise he wouldn't be Aussie hb atm.. keeps dishing up ****e and I doubt he will be this year either

Posters keep saying that DCE is doing a good job considering the stars that are missing. Compare his performance with that of Cust in the few minutes Cade got on the field yesterday. Cade got involved in pretty much every attacking set. His service to the back line was crisp with everyone having more room to move and looking better. He provided direction to the team. All things we want Cherry to do but he can’t because Tom and the other stars are missing. If Cherry played the same way Cade did yesterday we would be more than happy.
Yep, Cust is a 7...DCE isn't.

I really believe that since his ankle problems hes been really reluctant to take on the line. I am more concerened about his kicking game and I will preface this by the fact that he does not have quality with him in the halves right now. In 7 games we have not scored one try from a kick. Our last tackle options are so predictable at the moment. We need to pressure opposition defences on the last tackle and get more repeats, the top teams all have a pattern in that their hooker gets grubber kicks in to either create a chance or get that line drop out. When teams defend us they get in DCEs face and he gets flustered, we need someone to take ownership on the last tackle and take the heat of him

One thing I've noticed is that Chez kicks best on an open right side and we seem to be getting tackled on the 5th on the right side of the field most of the time. This leads to Chez kicking into traffic on the short side. I'd like to see more sets end on the left, with Chez kicking off a 2 pass shift, with a bit more time and space.

I ressurected a 4 yo thread last week. Many people saying the same things. I know i could go back further. Im not suggesting its form and rather a lack of skill, but more importantly application.

Year 5 of his contract we are only buying a top number 6 if we get rid of 2 prominant players. If we unearth schuster on the cheap , he just does a DCE and sits it out until me gets more and we release players

DCE best form was when we had ballin at hooker, not creative, not a kicker, better than levi but similar. Others did the job , pure and simple
Cherry looked good because he plays off the back of momentum. He does not look to creat it, or thwart it.
He is essentially an overpaid fancy pants.

Quite simply our team needs tools it does not have. Cherry could have a go at adding a few extras or we need to trade him to get them, because its his area that is lacking.

Green, Hodko, hastings, croker, cust walker,
We just keep searching for someone to do 80% of the job on 10% of the wage, while mr 90 % revenue is waiting for them to sort it before he injects himself

FFS have a go, run at a gap, get ironed out once trying to put someone away but he really doesnt get his hands dirty when it come to "Team Halves"
****ing aye

I really believe that since his ankle problems hes been really reluctant to take on the line. I am more concerened about his kicking game and I will preface this by the fact that he does not have quality with him in the halves right now. In 7 games we have not scored one try from a kick. Our last tackle options are so predictable at the moment. We need to pressure opposition defences on the last tackle and get more repeats, the top teams all have a pattern in that their hooker gets grubber kicks in to either create a chance or get that line drop out. When teams defend us they get in DCEs face and he gets flustered, we need someone to take ownership on the last tackle and take the heat of him
My friend i agree with everything except someone needs to take ownership.. thats his job man. He is the halfback he is the captain he is supposed to be our leader. The way he sets up for kicks on the 5th is all wrong. Im watching the sharks game now and he cant get a kick through and the kicks he does no one is even chasing them. The kicks on weird angles while Johnson is kicking normally and getting results. Dce used to be the king at short kicks for the winger center or 2nd rower. The guy gets worse every year. Without turbo and walks he's got nothing and i dont see it changing with the spine we have. Cust needs to goto 6 and croker stays at 14. He was good off the bench. Cust is more of a goer and was pretty effective last year at times. He could build on that but i fear dessie will go croker again. I also think he will leave garrick in fb :(

One thing I've noticed is that Chez kicks best on an open right side and we seem to be getting tackled on the 5th on the right side of the field most of the time. This leads to Chez kicking into traffic on the short side. I'd like to see more sets end on the left, with Chez kicking off a 2 pass shift, with a bit more time and space.
Another thing we dont do is the cross field kick to the corner. Garrick can jump and if we dont get it they are in the corner

perhaps but given we were before this round one win ( stolen by the Squeels ) from 1st on the ladder we are going OK. The entire team is out of sorts to some extent.

Bring Back the Biff is on a one man mission to convince the world that Dylan Walker has been our saviour at 5/8 and has outplayed DCE in most of the matches this year. I do see DW and his flashes of brilliance surrounded by 70 min of poop. who's correct probably neither of us and the truth is probably in the middle somewhere.

Others on here cream themselves over Nathan (this time last year i was over rated and crap) Cleary and Mitchell ( after 6 ****e years is starting to play well) Moses. Or how about rooters no.6 who is surrounded by a team built on brown paper bags and rep quality.

the rest of the competition is

Reynolds @ Souths - good one year ****e the next
Foran @ dogs - well lets not even go there
Munster @ storm - has scam smith running the show say no more
Ben Hunt @ Dragons - ha ha ha ha ha
Dog boy Renyolds and Brooks @ tigpies - diamonds and coal - won nothing nada.
Milford @ donkeys - Now there is a Myth ( stole your favourite word Biff)
Pierce @ drugcastle - again Mr almost but never that good

Shall i go on?

We have a team leader who is woefully out of form and i really do hope that swings around soon. he has always been a great Manly man and will be again.
The myth patch usually dies out and he refinds his form.. but with walker and turbo out i dont see it happening. I hope im wrong..... whats most likely to happen is he will try to hard and get injured. I reckon croker has 1 more week in the halves then cust will get a crack. Croker is a decent 14 and cust is a better half imo. Problem with cust is he never passed to walker or only passed when he ran out of room. Alas we are screwed. Ponga and Dog boy as you call him will eat us up.. watch bradman best get a double

That’s the problem though mate, are we ever really really going to get the players we need when he takes so much of the cap?
DCE walked into a champion team in 2011, now he has to lead. So far he has been found wanting.. said it in 2016 we won’t win with him as our half, as have others. Much to the disapproval of people on here.
I seriously hope I’m wrong, so far not the case though.
If only we got pearce back when we let Green go.... i said no dogboy at the time but i think those 2 would be the perfect halves combo. Pearce 7 dce 6

Again problem is simple.

DCE is woefully out of form.
Croker just never steps up, seems to make wrong decision on 80% of plays.
Cust was great when he came in last year then went right off and was dropped. Will it happen again?
Half our backline team is missing.
DCE is playing like a busted Arse.
Opposition teams are so scared of Tommy T that their defence is completely different when he's playing. When he's out they hold their line much better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8