[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
In self preservation mode more than usual. Fatty was virtually screaming for both of them to take charge, run the ball , put some doubt on the donkies defense. All we did was 5 hit ups and an ineffective kick. Brooks just shuffling the ball to marked runners. DCE doing the same. This is what they're being coached ??? Fuk me we are so predictable no wonder they're losers.

Once again we showed just how much we rely on Turbo for our attack.

You know something?? If Qld didn't have a history of pick and stick ... and if he wasn't the team captain ... if I was Billy Slater I would be seriously thinking about Sam Walker at halfback instead of DCE right now.

One is in very good form. One is not.

On the other side of the coin, maybe getting away from the team for a few weeks to be surrounded by well, better players, will do DCE some good?? Come back from Origin fresh and maybe in better form than he is currently.....

Oh, and don't get me started about the Paseka "knock-on" that the replay showed was clearly knocked out by Brisbane that our captain decided NOT to challenge. Even the commentators said it was a one look challenge that Manly would have won. But nothing, not a damn thing.
Yeah, I'm still angry about that. Bad call to begin with, but that's what the Captain's Challenge is for. Paseka knew it was a bad call but nobody was interested in challenging it. DCE was nowhere to be found.

The only explanation I can come up with (apart from a total leadership vacuum) is that we've been dudded so often we just assume we're not going to win a challenge regardless of its merits. Either that or we were saving it up for something better…

Chez had absolutely no interest in making that Captain's Challenge despite it being one of the most clear cut decisions the bunker could ever hope to make (only absolute total and inexcusable incompetence would have seen the bunker give the ball to Brisbane). The only saving grace out of it was that they didn't score. They got a 6 again and forced a dropout in the next set, but thankfully their scoring was done until the field goal.....

Turbo ain't a 5/8th.

Firstly, he is too large.

Secondly, he doesn't have the best passing game.

Thirdly, his kicking game is quite bad.
Tom has showed subtle signs of ball play from right to left that will be adequate enough to be a facilitator for structured play, remember DCE and Brooks are still in my setup kicking wise.

His size and speed will keep defenders tight on him allowing more open dangerous passing options to his outside.

Do i want Tom as a 5/8 no, but i see more options having him in a centre 5/8 mixed role bringing Tolu in from the back than having Tolu locked in at centre and less able to float around using his light footwork and speed.

Sure you could give Tolu license to float around as a centre but that runs the risk of losing structure on the left when he is out of position but that is also doable.

Many 5/8's have average kicking games that get by, sure it is not the best scenario to have but short term it will work until DCE leaves.

The problem is you have Tom always injured and when playing is being easily read by defences due to his big involvement in our plays and Tolu locked in and easily marked as a centre---so our two best attacking weapons are not fully utilized or being nullified, also the mobility of our forwards hasn't been crash hot for over a decade to play up tempo long enough to create opportunities.

Sure it would be preferable Manly generate more consistent reliable go forward that is a mix of early spreads and conventional up the middle high tempo play so we have a mix of substance and flair to call on before changing positions but looking into the future is necessary also to mix things up.

Will Tom want to stick around playing as a boring centre, if so then that opens up a new halves combination in the future also, but i feel Tom will want more involvement than that.

Will Tolu stick around languishing in the centres if he enjoys the involvement of floating in from the back, other teams will see his potential and be sniffing around making promises and contracts mean nothing these days.

Our forward pack has too many old faces and plodder/grinding players to offer reliable go forward and strong defensive efforts week after week so there will always be inconsistency in this department with the current makeup.

Tom has showed subtle signs of ball play from right to left that will be adequate enough to be a facilitator for structured play, remember DCE and Brooks are still in my setup kicking wise.

His size and speed will keep defenders tight on him allowing more open dangerous passing options to his outside.

Do i want Tom as a 5/8 no, but i see more options having him in a centre 5/8 mixed role bringing Tolu in from the back than having Tolu locked in at centre and less able to float around using his light footwork and speed.

Sure you could give Tolu license to float around as a centre but that runs the risk of losing structure on the left when he is out of position but that is also doable.

Many 5/8's have average kicking games that get by, sure it is not the best scenario to have but short term it will work until DCE leaves.

The problem is you have Tom always injured and when playing is being easily read by defences due to his big involvement in our plays and Tolu locked in and easily marked as a centre---so our two best attacking weapons are not fully utilized or being nullified, also the mobility of our forwards hasn't been crash hot for over a decade to play up tempo long enough to create opportunities.

Sure it would be preferable Manly generate more consistent reliable go forward that is a mix of early spreads and conventional up the middle high tempo play so we have a mix of substance and flair to call on before changing positions but looking into the future is necessary also to mix things up.

Will Tom want to stick around playing as a boring centre, if so then that opens up a new halves combination in the future also, but i feel Tom will want more involvement than that.

Will Tolu stick around languishing in the centres if he enjoys the involvement of floating in from the back, other teams will see his potential and be sniffing around making promises and contracts mean nothing these days.

Our forward pack has too many old faces and plodder/grinding players to offer reliable go forward and strong defensive efforts week after week so there will always be inconsistency in this department with the current makeup.
However we look at it as a club.. we cannot keep making way for certain players. The players must do what's best for the team. If they want to leave because they aren't getting their way or their preferred position when not viable to team makeup, then either 1. Refuse to release them and play them where the coach wants them too or 2. Give them a release if they wish and replace them with players who want to be here. Turbo included

Last edited:
I think our forwards for years have been the same. We had been collecting so many planks i thought we were going to build an Ark

But as we have continued this uneven squad balance in terms of mobility, we have also tried to play a style of footy in direct contrast to the cattle assembled. Over and over

the lack of mobility and lack of footy IQ together is a killer. When we start well and its good for the forwards we invariably let the opposition off the canvas too easily playing like millionaires, rather than smashing the oppostion mentally with our foot on the throat. DO We even have a FOOT

Coach is rubbish that is established but what has DCE delivered us over the last decade for a million dollar player?
Tell you what. Do a whip around all the past and present coaches in the NRL since 2010 and ask them if they would have had DCE in their side as an upgrade? Other that perhaps Bellyache and Trent Robinson or Bennett I bet you 80% of the others would say yes please.
That to me says we are lucky to have a top half.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12