DCE Contract clause.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He should be happy with Sid.

Lots of people end up with nicknames based on a prominent physical feature.

DCE could have quite easily been D-i-C-ke-E. Stick with Sid son.

I can't believe I just read all of that!

What annoys is when people call clubs by stupid names, we get beagles, but I also cringe when our fans use rorters, chickens, donkeys, drizzle, purple scum, gummies, etc

Same with names like Dog$ler, De$$ie or Maria-Hargraves

It's a little disrespectful but my main issue is that it's not very clever or funny.......its an insult my 7 year old nephew would make up

RiverEagle said:
Alan said:
RiverEagle said:
I don't mind too much whatever we call him.

But perhaps we should just stick with DCE, Daly or Cherry (even Chez if ppl like) just until we can , or if we hear it's stuck with the players, or not.

I think it may stick now anyway.
But if we could somehow get the official drum, that would help!

Hope that fence post isn't hurting your arse old mate. Nicknames become nicknames through common usage, and no-one picks their own nickname, it is bestowed by friends or enemies.

I dislike calling Sid DCE, the whole 3-initial thing is a DT invention which is pathetic, unimaginative, boring and should remain the domain of the rorters.

However I am a tolerant old bloke, so if you prefer a nickname bestowed by the daily telegraph and popularised by the rorters go ahead and use DCE.

But for those posters criticising the use of Sid, drop-off trying to impose your wishes on the those of us that prefer something with a bit more humour and personality.

Lol mate. You make a lot of sense today.

I guess I was just trying to play peacemaker a bit (because it really doesn't bother me much, either way).

I can sort of see how it gives people the irrits, but I find it ''amoosing'' that some fellow members that adopt famous nicknames for themselves, object to this one!

And since you qualify things so well - as far as DCE being associated with the DT and the Rorters - I'm beginning to sway from atop my fence, your way now!

Sid
4513652_t.jpg
DCE

RiverEagle

Disco said:
I can't believe I just read all of that!

What annoys is when people call clubs by stupid names, we get beagles, but I also cringe when our fans use rorters, chickens, donkeys, drizzle, purple scum, gummies, etc

Same with names like Dog$ler, De$$ie or Maria-Hargraves

It's a little disrespectful but my main issue is that it's not very clever or funny.......its an insult my 7 year old nephew would make up

Agree 100% I hate it.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Notice also mostly Nicknames are 1 syllable. Foz, Snake, Choc, Gift, Sid, or at least 1 vowel. More unusual are 2 vowel types: Killer, Skivvy, Ferris.

On this basis, Sid will survive, D(ee)C(ee)E(ee) will not, just too inconvenient to say.

The Zip Zip Man
Mr. Perpetual Motion
What's A Packeta
The Little Master
The Brick With Eyes
The Bomb Thrower
Puff The Magic Dragon

Longer nicknames survive too. DCE it is. RIP Sid.

:p

Aw No!

The fun police are winning again??

LOL!

Even though @Jethro has so beautifully captured my feelings on Sid, I can't believe we're now extending the debate to the use of the Scum, Rorters, Vermin, Maria, De$$ie etc etc.!

The whole point of footy tribalism is to disrespect all challengers!

Or at least let those of us who feel the need to express them in that light, do so unimpeded!

Lighten up and enjoy the ride a little folks!

RiverEagle said:
Aw No!

The fun police are winning again??

LOL!

Even though @Jethro has so beautifully captured my feelings on Sid, I can't believe we're now extending the debate to the use of the Scum, Rorters, Vermin, Maria, De$$ie etc etc.!

The whole point of footy tribalism is to disrespect all challengers!

Or at least let those of us who feel the need to express them in that light, do so unimpeded!

Lighten up and enjoy the ride a little folks!

That's why you just call the challengers low C's and wish incurable diseases on them.

Fun police??

Ha, if you get your kicks out of calling the storm the drizzle etc then go crazy

I guess some are just easily amused

What the fans choose to call him is something that is out of his control and tbh even if it does slightly 'rub him the wrong way', I really don't think he would give a s**t!!

I mean all fans have many different nicknames for their favorite and/or not so favorite players, some of which the players may personally like or dislike but I find it hard to believe an unfavourable nickname would have such an impact on a players contract negotiations!

Nicknames come from within the playing groups that fans, staff & media overhear or even players referring to their teammate outside of footy to family and friends; They are then repeated again and again where eventually everyone 'knows' that player by 'that' nickname! So whether a team mate calls him Sid, Chezza or Chez, he wouldn't care, so why would he care what nickname a fan then calls him?!!!

..... Unless it's a player in such a position like Ben T'eo where nicknames have turned to offensive negative slander & bullying insults towards a players integrity!

Napper was being facetious @Bird Up

It's just his way of making his point on disliking the ''Sid'' handle.

And @Disco it can be true: Sometimes ppl are easily amused. Just as some are about as much fun as the mother-in-law at the buck's party.

To me there's far more serious issues here to get riled up about than harmless, cheeky nicknames.

Or is it only the presence of a mirrorball and the Bee Gees playin' that helps you relax mate?

(And that's a lighthearted reference to a ''disco'' not an insult, just to be clear...)

And @Disco in a slightly more serious vein, the use of nicknames can be unifying.

They become like a collective ''in joke'' that only ''true supportahs'' know and identify with.

Even the very term ''Silvertails'' was born through scorn and derision (and from many of the clubs and their fans, that you nobly defend).

RiverEagle said:
Napper was being facetious @Bird Up

It's just his way of making his point on disliking the ''Sid'' handle.

And @Disco it can be true: Sometimes ppl are easily amused. Just as some are about as much fun as the mother-in-law at the buck's party.

To me there's far more serious issues here to get riled up about than harmless, cheeky nicknames.

Or is it only the presence of a mirrorball and the Bee Gees playin' that helps you relax mate?

(And that's a lighthearted reference to a ''disco'' not an insult, just to be clear...)

Lol haha that'll teach me for not reading thru all the posts properly! Haha :)

Jethro said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Therefore, suggestions are open for a replacement nickname, more in keeping with Sid's er, Daly's sensibilities.
How about Turtle ? :), or is that taken ?

I predict Jethro will have something . . . .? J ?

and why would I have something?
aug08_022.gif

I'm one of the ones who is not a fan of the "Sid" naming either but to each their own so I will just stick to "DCE" or "Daly" and cringe when I read him referred to as "Sid"
icon_rolleyes.gif

As for "Turtle", it has been suggested previously by Dan (I think).

Sid the Turtle it is then.

globaleagle said:
RiverEagle said:

It's worse when she's the stripper!

Ewww. I just lost my cornflakes..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7