DCE Contract clause.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Apparently he told Dave Perry if he is continually referred to as SID by Manly fans, he'll sign with Brisbane.

Its not us, its his Team mates who call him that, its a term of affection :)

Just like you calling bones - FMD :p

Enjoy the Manly banter :D

It's could be worse, he could have a name like jughead

Napper said:
Apparently he told Dave Perry if he is continually referred to as SID by Manly fans, he'll sign with Brisbane.

And where do ya think ''Napper'' came from mate...?!

A nickname coined by the players.

If it's good enough for Cliffy it's good enough for me...lol!

(Tho Cliffy is God to me!)

Therefore, suggestions are open for a replacement nickname, more in keeping with Sid's er, Daly's sensibilities.
How about Turtle ? :), or is that taken ?

I predict Jethro will have something . . . .? J ?

Haha, love it or hate I think its going to be here to stay.

Does anyone know joey, get him to refer to sid as sid for a few games on Tv ;)

I don't mind too much whatever we call him.

But perhaps we should just stick with DCE, Daly or Cherry (even Chez if ppl like) just until we can , or if we hear it's stuck with the players, or not.

I think it may stick now anyway.
But if we could somehow get the official drum, that would help!

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Therefore, suggestions are open for a replacement nickname, more in keeping with Sid's er, Daly's sensibilities.
How about Turtle ? :), or is that taken ?

I predict Jethro will have something . . . .? J ?

and why would I have something?
aug08_022.gif

I'm one of the ones who is not a fan of the "Sid" naming either but to each their own so I will just stick to "DCE" or "Daly" and cringe when I read him referred to as "Sid"
icon_rolleyes.gif

As for "Turtle", it has been suggested previously by Dan (I think).

RiverEagle said:

But perhaps we should just stick with DCE, Daly or Cherry (even Chez if ppl like) just until we can , or if we hear it's stuck with the players, or not.

Hope that fence post isn't hurting your arse old mate. Nicknames become nicknames through common usage, and no-one picks their own nickname, it is bestowed by friends or enemies.

I dislike calling Sid DCE, the whole 3-initial thing is a DT invention which is pathetic, unimaginative, boring and should remain the domain of the rorters.

However I am a tolerant old bloke, so if you prefer a nickname bestowed by the daily telegraph and popularised by the rorters go ahead and use DCE.

But for those posters criticising the use of Sid, drop-off trying to impose your wishes on the those of us that prefer something with a bit more humour and personality.

Notice also mostly Nicknames are 1 syllable. Foz, Snake, Choc, Gift, Sid, or at least 1 vowel. More unusual are 2 vowel types: Killer, Skivvy, Ferris.

On this basis, Sid will survive, D(ee)C(ee)E(ee) will not, just too inconvenient to say.

In our household he is affectionately known as 'kid'.
Ironically, a name given to him by my 8yo son. :)

Alan said:
RiverEagle said:

Hope that fence post isn't hurting your arse old mate. Nicknames become nicknames through common usage, and no-one picks their own nickname, it is bestowed by friends or enemies.

I dislike calling Sid DCE, the whole 3-initial thing is a DT invention which is pathetic, unimaginative, boring and should remain the domain of the rorters.

However I am a tolerant old bloke, so if you prefer a nickname bestowed by the daily telegraph and popularised by the rorters go ahead and use DCE.

But for those posters criticising the use of Sid, drop-off trying to impose your wishes on the those of us that prefer something with a bit more humour and personality.

Lol mate. You make a lot of sense today.

I guess I was just trying to play peacemaker a bit (because it really doesn't bother me much, either way).

I can sort of see how it gives people the irrits, but I find it ''amoosing'' that some fellow members that adopt famous nicknames for themselves, object to this one!

And since you qualify things so well - as far as DCE being associated with the DT and the Rorters - I'm beginning to sway from atop my fence, your way now!

I am assuming the nickname Sid is in reference to the character in the Ice-Age animated movie?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6