DCE committed to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the promotion of David Penna was a very smart one, he is well liked by all the Toyota cup players that are in the top 25 now.

Really happy to hear things are settling down for the boys...early days but like most on here, hope DCE continues to excel and becomes a one team man.

If tooves can transfer half his playing passion into coaching, we're going to be one hell of a hard team to beat....Bring on the mutts!

I honestly believe DCE is the most important player in the squad. Halfbacks are a rare breed these days, and along with him being so young he must be our number 1 priority.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
lloydy said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
It's not a popularity contest.

I'm pretty sure it helps though, Darcy tweeted he was very happy Penna got that job.

Yep his tweet
So happy my old 20's coach Dave Penna has joined this years coaching staff!

Well it certainly helps. A happy squad is a good starting point.

DCE is first class both on and off the field.

Good on ya DCE, i hope you steer manly for many years to come.

Sounds positive. If we can secure this guy long term we can build a team around him

How good is it to have some positive news for a change? I saw that on the news today and just smiled to myself.

Now if we can just lock up Darcy shortly..... happy days.

048715-cherry-daly-evans.jpg

Tour souvenir: Daly Cherry-Evans is greeted by girlfriend Vessa Rockliff at Sydney Airport; and his lovebite (inset). Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE gorgeous girl on his arm couldn't take the attention away from the hickie on his neck.

And like the rest of the family, friends and media awaiting the arrival of the Kangaroos at Sydney Airport yesterday, Vessa Rockliff would've had one very obvious question for boyfriend Daly Cherry-Evans.

Proving what happens on tour doesn't necessarily stay on tour, the 22-year-old Manly star returned from Australia's successful Four Nations campaign unable to hide the suspicious bruise on the left side of his neck.

But a Kangaroos insider quickly doused the flames on what could have been a very tricky situation for Cherry-Evans.

"One of his teammates did it to him," the insider laughed. "One of his teammates has a lot of explaining to do."

Back-up halfback Cherry-Evans made his international debut off the interchange bench in the Kangaroos' 56-14 victory over Wales.
Rather than spend his off-hours getting up to mischief, it seems the rising star's only crime was being popular with teammates.

Having had a dream 2011 season, in which he went from the Queensland Cup to NRL premiership winner, Cherry-Evans has more than earned the six-week break he will have before returning to pre-season training with his Manly teammates.

Cherry-Evans is yet to re-sign with Manly for beyond next season and there is plenty of attention on the Kangaroos rookie to give Sea Eagles supporters some good news by agreeing to stay with the club until the end of 2014.

His manager, who has been negotiating since September, will meet again with Sea Eagles officials on Friday in a bid to broker a deal. But Cherry-Evans yesterday declared he expected it to be finalised soon.

"I haven't signed yet, but that's all getting sorted," he said yesterday.

"I'll be there for a few more years to come, happily.

"Obviously Des (Hasler) is a good coach, but at the end of the day he's moved on and so do we. I think everyone will just be happy to get the ball rolling again for 2012."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-has-some-explaining-to-do-on-return-from-kangaroos-tour/story-e6frfgbo-1226203036838

Wow she's a good sort :p. Loving DCE. Hope they re sign him for a very long time. The kid is dynamite

dowdz said:
Wow she's a good sort :p. Loving DCE. Hope they re sign him for a very long time. The kid is dynamite

Lets hope she is from the Northern Beaches she could be a good reason to stay and sign a long term contract

Sheikheagle said:
dowdz said:

Lets hope she is from the Northern Beaches she could be a good reason to stay and sign a long term contract
There was a MWSE item with her this year I think

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:
dowdz said:

Correct BE...and Sheik it says she grew up in Manly. They have a place in Freshie. Now who would want to give that up

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:
dowdz said:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=35930

Where do you live?
We live in an apartment in Freshwater.

Where do you come from??Where does?Daly come from?
I grew up in Manly and Daly was born in Brisbane but spent most of his life in Mackay QLD.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2