DCE - Champion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm no fan of Corey Parker's, but when asked for his tip, said Daly has been building his game well, and is expecting him to put on a masterclass this afternoon.
Coming from a former player, who has reportedly a lot of sway with the QLD selectors, has Daly played himself back into a Maroons jumper?

DCE has played amazingly well since he took over as captain. It would seem that this role has allowed him to regain the confidence factor that he lacked last year? There's are other factors to consider as well.... he now has a competent No.6 to work with (which has made a huge difference in my opinion) but perhaps the fact that the team is playing as a team, with less obvious factions amongst the players, has also helped with the on field dynamics and allowed him to relax into his role rather than being wary of constant back stabbing?

Whatever it is........ I'm glad we chose him over Foran!

Last edited:
I hope not
If he does, this is how he should reply to Tallis............
middle_finger_salute_retro_postcard-rb9b4162638de46008f79605de2e72d89_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

This kick chase thing that he has started to really ram home this season is the biggest improvement in his game. When he was playing with no confidence, he found himself out of the game, but he seems to go to the game all the time now and I love it!
It's those effort plays and the 1 percenters that distinguish the good players from the best. You'll never see Milford or Morgan controlling the game through a kick chase or a long kick into touch close to the try line. This year his long kicking game has been ridiculously good. Either going into touch a few metres out from the try line or holding up close to the line.

He was sensational in his early years here and just as good now in a different way .

I made a big call a couple of years back to a mate that he was Our best ever half in my opinion.
A bold call and certainly debatable. Injury free , with teammates who are on side and as good as this lot it's not as far fetched as it seemed at the time.

On another note I just had a look at some thread about someone being banned from another site. So much I could have said but wisely I moved on , a bumped thread is not out of the question though .....sometime
Please bump it up Forty. Please.
My failed attempt got no response.

The great qld mateship.....
What a myth.
Obviously extends to only a few.
Though I think DCE is experienced in such situations !!

Bit of trivia.....

DCE has now kicked 13 field goals for Manly (2 more than Matthew Ridge). Another 6 and he'll move into outright 3rd on our all-time list above Bob Batty who kicked 18 in his career. Though I don't think he'll catch Dennis Ward (30) or Bozo (57).

Of course, back when Wardy and Bozo played a FG was worth 2 points so they were worth taking a lot of the time. These days they are really only used at the end of a tight game or in golden point. We just don't see anyone taking an early (first 5 minutes of the game) field goal these days.

Wouldn't it be great if QLD sent out an SOS to Chez because they realise Milford and Morgan aren't anywhere near as good and he told them - sorry but I'm retired from rep footy and just want to focus on the sea eagles. Killer 2.0

He'll play if picked so I hope he isn't. Because if he's picked they'll lose anyway and he'll get the blame, but if he gets snubbed he'll be that much more motivated to play well for us as an F.U. to the QLD selectors.

Better for him and better for Manly if they persist with Morgan and Milford.

Love Chez, always have, always will.

He is a legend, captain of the best team in the world and he is a top bloke to boot.

I love watching him play, his kicking game, his involvement, his enthusiasm for what he does. He has a very good understanding of the game and it is so good to see him excel in a unified team that allows/supports him to do what he has a natural talent for.

And yeah so I reckon Chez is a champion.....!! Lol.....!!

Was watching fox league tonight, when they had Dylan and Cherry answering Q's from the media. Dylan went OK, but Cherry is brilliant. The way he handles himself in the public eye is so refreshing.

Will hold our team together for some time

Smart and tough half and carrying on a tradition for our club number sevens

He will play origin again and be a regular but not until JT retires

This is a big big big big call but actually thinking he is begining to be a very smart player and leader and can see comparisons to bozo in the way he plays and his professionalism

I think what stood out on Sunday was his game control. His kicking game was first class and all because he was being given a platform. On several occasions he went to kick stopped and changed the direction of his kick aiming to pin them and it repeatedly worked.

Still filthy about how the channel nine Sunday news sports section started ..."the man that earns 50,000 a game ...

Disgraceful news coverage. Not only does he have his own Queenslanders against him, but the Sydney media want to attack him as well. I don't see them starting coverage when Thurston, Smith, Cronk etc put in a MOM performance with a snipe on how much they earn a game.

Jealousy, incompetence and insecurity, nothing else. A round peg in a square hole for some to handle. I can't think of another player that has been criticised as much for how much they earn. The incompetent Queenslanders who didn't have the courage or conviction to start building a team around the best half this year. Insecurity, because as a leader, players would need to follow his lead which threatens dinosaurs and their questionable behaviour.

Stuff them all, he's ours and if they don't want him, we're happy to have him to ourselves.

Is it just me, or does Morgan look like the train has pulled up just short of the platform?

A bit Mitchell Pearce-like.

Although he's had more Origin success than Pearce, I get the feeling that Morgan is his Qld version. Very good club player but all at sea in a rep team.

If not for his more talented (and somewhat influential, i.e. Thurston) team mates......

Last edited:
Some times its hard to soar with the eagles when you were working with turkeys,DCE has a great crew around him and that alone was the problem, imo

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8