David Williams out for 2-3 weeks!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad that everyone saying cut him loose coz he gets injured weren't running the club when Brett was battling to get on the park !!

kiwi he has had quite a few injuries besides the broken neck and we have been more then fair and patient as a club to him,i wouldnt be heartless and say it if it was just that major injury but its time and time again he keeps breaking down,on his day a great winger but theres no consistency due to his constant injuries,i feel for him but im sure he is on great money and wouldnt it be better used elsewhere ? ie the forwards we desperately need !

comparing him to snake really isnt a fair comparison really snakes 1 in a million and part of the big 4 that a team needs to win comps ,wingers whilst more important in todays game arent as important as a world class fullback like snake .

cheers

Kiwi Eagle said:
Glad that everyone saying cut him loose coz he gets injured weren't running the club when Brett was battling to get on the park !!

Good point KE but even Brett blowing out his knees a couple of times has played more footy than Wolfy over the past 3.5 seasons.

Yep, there are plenty of u20s wingers at nz, bris, even the raiders can send us another good one when they like

Mals said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Good point KE but even Brett blowing out his knees a couple of times has played more footy than Wolfy over the past 3.5 seasons.

I would be surprised if Snake had played a helluva lot more footy than Wolf since the 08 GF

I wouldn't be cutting a 25yo simply coz he has had a few injuries over the past couple of years, look at Tate playing for Qld as an example why

Money reasons etc fair enough

If we chop him, and Brett continues to get picked for NSW next year, what are we looking at ? Taufua and Oldfield will be around, but there is still another spot to fill. Not sure of Farrar is signed or not

So that's:-
Dean Whare
David Williams
Darcy Lussick
Tony Williams

and possibly:-
Brett Stewart
Matt Ballin
Glenn Stewart

anyone ELSE people? It's no wonder people get frustrated and upset.

Farrar is signed and we can pick up a few young guys.

Wolfie re-signed when he was a test player so im sure he is on 200k plus. In our current squad we need to best utilise every dollar and i rather save money on wolfie that can go towards Snake and Ballin

Disco said:

Wolfie re-signed when he was a test player so im sure he is on 200k plus. In our current squad we need to best utilise every dollar and i rather save money on wolfie that can go towards Snake and Ballin

Has Farrer resigned ? He was only on a 1 year contract.

I'm just completely over the player exodus. They'll keep coming, but it still just pisses me off to the point I have apathy with where our team ends up now this season.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Disco said:

Has Farrer resigned ? He was only on a 1 year contract.

If Farrar is the best we can come up with, and I like him, we are struggling. He'll take at least 6 months to re-habilitate from a full season off. He won't automatically come back on fire.

I'm please to see that the focus is now on Parra trying to re-sign Hayne. Ha, Ha Ha.
It they paid Hoppa Jrn $850,000 then Hayne will be wanting $1-M.
I look forward to Parra fielding Hayne, Hoppa, Sandow and 10 SG Ball kids in order to stay under the cap!

Brookvale said:
Swap wolfie for robbo in uk

Results this year show that Robbo would have come in handy.

Michael Robertson - up there with Tom Mooney, Stuart Davis and Craig Hancock as one of Manly's greatest (and most-underrated) wingers.

Wolfie has 39 tries in 59 games for Manly :exclamation:
http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerprofiles/seaeaglesplayerlist/tabid/10833/clubid/5/default.aspx

Blaming someone for injuries is ludicrous :mad:
He would be more frustrated than anyone on this Forum, about his lack of game time.

There has never been any hint from Manly that he is not looking after his health (ie G Rose) or gets drunk (ie Choc, Kingy, T-Rex...), thereby contributing to his injuries.

Wolfie signed for 50k for 2 years in 2008 and achieved every RL Players' dream by playing and scoring in a Winning GF, representing Oz (scoring 3 tries on debut) and NSW (scoring 1 try) - all as a 21 year old rookie. So any monies that some of you seem to begrudge him earning, has been more than accounted by him.

Manly has no NRL quality winger on their books apart from Wolfie.
Oldie may follow Hoppa to Parra now that Darcy is going, as they are best mates. Hoppa even joked about it once his deal was announced!

Robbo is not the answer - great service but past his prime in the NRL.

I wish Wolfie the best for the future - he is a rare personality Player that is embraced by most NRL Fans, inspite of being from Manly:angel:

The MWSE Injuries page has both he and T-Rex returning in Round 18 against the Eels.

Ryan said:
I'm just completely over the player exodus. They'll keep coming, but it still just pisses me off to the point I have apathy with where our team ends up now this season.

Player exodus?

We have lost one international and two fringe starters, this is fantastic considering what we were possibly facing

HappilyManly said:
Wolfie has 39 tries in 59 games for Manly :exclamation:
http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerprofiles/seaeaglesplayerlist/tabid/10833/clubid/5/default.aspx

Blaming someone for injuries is ludicrous :mad:
He would be more frustrated than anyone on this Forum, about his lack of game time.

There has never been any hint from Manly that he is not looking after his health (ie G Rose) or gets drunk (ie Choc, Kingy, T-Rex...), thereby contributing to his injuries.

Wolfie signed for 50k for 2 years in 2008 and achieved every RL Players' dream by playing and scoring in a Winning GF, representing Oz (scoring 3 tries on debut) and NSW (scoring 1 try) - all as a 21 year old rookie. So any monies that some of you seem to begrudge him earning, has been more than accounted by him.

Manly has no NRL quality winger on their books apart from Wolfie.
Oldie may follow Hoppa to Parra now that Darcy is going, as they are best mates. Hoppa even joked about it once his deal was announced!

Robbo is not the answer - great service but past his prime in the NRL.

I wish Wolfie the best for the future - he is a rare personality Player that is embraced by most NRL Fans, inspite of being from Manly:angel:

The MWSE Injuries page has both he and T-Rex returning in Round 18 against the Eels.

Nobody is blaming Wolfie for his injuries, nor are people claiming they think he is a bad player or that they wouldn't like to keep him.

Im simply saying that with tough salary cap pressure he is the one i would prefer to lose out of all off contract players.

Ryan said:

Apathy Ryan? Seriously?

We know you're scarred from your previous life as a Bears fans, but apathy because some players are going? How would you feel as a Storm fan who've virtually lost their squad apart from three players, and haven't won a premiership this century.

You're a Manly fan now. Count your blessings.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6