David Perry V Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
There's an interesting paragraph from Andrew Webster, not surprisingly, deemed unworthy by the Telecrap, of its own headline.

Anyhow, here it is.

"Meanwhile, besieged Sea Eagles chief operating officer David Perry says coach Des Hasler told him this week: "Let's make this work".

"All individuals on the board have given me 100 per cent support and see me in this role for a long time," Perry said. "Des has assured me that our relationship was good. He said not to believe what you read in the papers.
"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/parramatta-eels-dodged-a-bullet-with-quade-cooper-recruitment-drive/story-e6freye0-1226167103420

RE: David Perry and Des Hasler relationship

well if it says in the papers we can't believe whats said in the paper what do we believe?

It's a form of retraction without retracting the specific b.s the DT have been spreading.
Meanwhile, Dean Ritchie is nowhere to be seen!

WAMF said:
It's a form of retraction without retracting the specific b.s the DT have been spreading.
Meanwhile, Dean Ritchie is nowhere to be seen!

Dean Ritchie has been tweeting last nite, maybe no stories since Zorba is in the Greek islands LOL

I am gross and perverted
Im obsessed n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think Im delicious
With the stuff that I say
I am the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozin out
From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't got for help...no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

That's right, folks..
Don't touch that dial
Chip and Chase said:
Television, the drug of the Nation
Breeding ignorance and feeding radiation
Lyrics by Zappa.

As we have a successful 2012, I wonder how many times Des will think he's made a mistake? I bet you not as many times as he does in 2013 and beyond when Toovs continues the good work and takes us to a few more premierships.

WAMF said:
"Meanwhile, besieged Sea Eagles chief operating officer David Perry says coach Des Hasler told him this week: "Let's make this work".

Hasler was referring to the air-conditioner in his office you idiot, amazing how things can be twisted to mean anything in the media a desperate attempt by perry to shore up his untenable position.

WAMF said:
"All individuals on the board have given me 100 per cent support and see me in this role for a long time,"

Poor old Perry, he's delusional. On the one side he has the owner who writes all the cheques to keep the place afloat. On the other a hard rump bloc of 5 votes who have form in assassinating perfectly good CEOs. The ultimate case of between a rock and a hard place.

WAMF said:
"All individuals on the board have given me 100 per cent support and see me in this role for a long time," Perry said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/parramatta-eels-dodged-a-bullet-with-quade-cooper-recruitment-drive/story-e6freye0-1226167103420

Support like that means he is finished. lol Just like when a first grade coach has the full supprot of the board

Matabele said:
WAMF said:
"All individuals on the board have given me 100 per cent support and see me in this role for a long time,"

Poor old Perry, he's delusional. On the one side he has the owner who writes all the cheques to keep the place afloat. On the other a hard rump bloc of 5 votes who have form in assassinating perfectly good CEOs. The ultimate case of between a rock and a hard place.

Why didn't the owner write another $50,000 to Des's original contract negotiations? It turned out to be way under value anyway. That was why we lost him in the first place.

manlywarringah said:
Matabele said:
WAMF said:

Why didn't the owner write another $50,000 to Des's original contract negotiations? It turned out to be way under value anyway. That was why we lost him in the first place.

I think the record will show it was the other conditions some FC Board members insisted on that scuttled the deal. Hasler left for less money champ.

Matabele said:
manlywarringah said:
Matabele said:
WAMF said:

I think the record will show it was the other conditions some FC Board members insisted on that scuttled the deal. Hasler left for less money champ.

In the end he did but it could all have been solved during the year for $50,000. It's a pity Penn didn't come to the party when he had the chance. That was the initial stumbling block, then the other problems became worse (kpi's) and surfaced (sacking of zorba).

Also, i think another problem that has not been discussed for Des leaving was the lack of money invested in the Toyota Cup. It was strange to hear Scott Penn make the announcement at Brookvale after the players took the trophy back. He announced to the crowd that it's good news, we will be spending up to the cap for toyota cup next year. The crowd (including myself) were none the wiser we weren't spending to the cap. I think Penn announcing that was a little jab at Des about one of the reasons he wasn't happy and left.

It's all too late now for Des but there was more than one reason in the end he left and Penn's handling of the initial negotiations were one of them.

manlywarringah said:
Matabele said:
manlywarringah said:
Matabele said:
WAMF said:

In the end he did but it could all have been solved during the year for $50,000. It's a pity Penn didn't come to the party when he had the chance. That was the initial stumbling block, then the other problems became worse (kpi's) and surfaced (sacking of zorba).

Also, i think another problem that has not been discussed for Des leaving was the lack of money invested in the Toyota Cup. It was strange to hear Scott Penn make the announcement at Brookvale after the players took the trophy back. He announced to the crowd that it's good news, we will be spending up to the cap for toyota cup next year. The crowd (including myself) were none the wiser we weren't spending to the cap. I think Penn announcing that was a little jab at Des about one of the reasons he wasn't happy and left.

It's all too late now for Des but there was more than one reason in the end he left and Penn's handling of the initial negotiations were one of them.

Knew we weren't spending the cap when our results in the lower grades were ****.

Maybe your impression is correct mw (about Scott Penn's comments to spend up to the cap on the 20s) but when I heard that at the brookie oval live site, I immediately thought that Penn was desperately trying to dangle the carrot at Des in a last minute attempt to keep him.

Obviously this was one of the several things that Des would have been unhappy with for a while...

manlywarringah said:
I think Penn announcing that was a little jab at Des about one of the reasons he wasn't happy and left.

Good theory except that this was before Des had signed to leave. Penn announced two things that night. Des to stay for 2012 and spending to the cap in 20s. Des then said "Let's go back to back!"

The rest is speculation.

Dean Ritchie did have a paragraph or two in the Telegraph today under the Heading of Big George to re-sign with the Sea Eagles.

The last sentence was telling:

The playing group remains resilient and strong despite being at odds with the board and new chief operating officer David Perry. (Author was Dean Ritchie.)

Which one of the reports is true!!!!!!!????

Matabele said:
WAMF said:

Did you just wrap Lowe?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7