David Furner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The penalty count was 8-4 until Watmough stink in the last minute where we received a consolation nothing penalty. They were moving off their line before the play the ball for most of the night as well.

Jethro said:
COMMANDER said:
Yeah, thanks Jethro, that's the thread title I wanted. Do you want to start posting for me as well?

Yeah whatever. Do you have proof that he smokes crack? If not then you can get yourself (and possibly this website) in a bit of trouble making accusations like that.

Here is the link to Raiders post match presser:

http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/PRESS%20CONFERENCE%20Raiders%20v%20Sea%20Eagles/75515

Only you would take the title of the thread that literally, everyone else would understand in what context it was made. Funny how you have deleted the title yet mentioned it in your response though :p

You should be refereeing this year.

Jethro said:
COMMANDER said:
Yeah, thanks Jethro, that's the thread title I wanted. Do you want to start posting for me as well?

Yeah whatever. Do you have proof that he smokes crack? If not then you can get yourself (and possibly this website) in a bit of trouble making accusations like that.

Here is the link to Raiders post match presser:

http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/PRESS%20CONFERENCE%20Raiders%20v%20Sea%20Eagles/75515

Come on jethro you're kidding. It's a figure of speech. Everyone knows that.

lsz said:
Great way to get pressure off your players...

Good point. It's like the 3rd coach in the past 5 weeks that has won the penalty count yet blamed refs for a loss.

Sounds like furner is just having a winge.

Bragged all week they were going to tear manly apart.. and they failed.

We are the better team.. end of story.

COMMANDER said:
Only you would take the title of the thread that literally, everyone else would understand in what context it was made. Funny how you have deleted the title yet mentioned it in your response though :p

You should be refereeing this year.

Commander,

Look, I knew that you didn't mean it literally. It's just that you can't go writing things like that. I only changed the title on the thread listing so that it didn't stand out and I'm sorry if that offended you. If I was to have taken you seriously and if I was that concerned then I would have removed it from the the headings of posts 2 thru 10 of the thread content as well.

As for your original post, I was watching the post match presser last night after the game and couldn't believe that he reckoned that they didn't get the 50:50 calls and that it was more like 90:10 against. I said that he was either blind or was watching a different game to the rest of us if that is really what he thought. As others have said in this thread, Furner sounds a bit deluded when making statements like that. :)

At the game it seemed as though Canberra were inside the 10m nearly every time we had the ball. The most notable player was Shaun Fensom, especially in the 2nd half at one stage he was offside every tackle in one of our sets. At least twice you could see the referee point at him to get back, yet he charged up and made the next tackle.
Furner can whinge all he likes but if any side missed out on 50/50 calls surely it was us.
Listening to Triple M on the way home after the game and they mentioned something about 2V and Furner having a heated exchange in the tunnel...would have paid to witness that!

Even the tv commentators were remarking how Canberra were continuously not back 10m in the first half yet not penalised. In light of recent comments by a former refs boss, it's obvious to me the refs are coached to have preconceived ideas about players and teams. With Manly they think we are always bending the rules so they assume the worst while paying far less attention to our rivals. Needs a royal commission.

Half an hour after Manly beat Canberra 16-10 at Brookvale Oval, rival coaches Geoff Toovey and David Furner were seen in animated conversation behind the grandstand. No, there was no danger of the 80th-minute fisticuffs between Anthony Watmough and Dane Tilse being repeated. Your correspondent couldn’t hear what they were talking about but judging by the hand signals, it had to do with rucks and defensive lines. Toovey later told Triple M it was ‘‘two frustrated coaches’’ and – after being pressed by former referee Bill Harrigan – conceded his successors were the source of the frustration. ‘‘[It’s] my major concern, and I’ve had it for the last few weeks. I just think it’s become laughable,’’ Toovey said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/secrets-out-selectors-play-public-for-fools-20130526-2n5dd.html#ixzz2URKKATCY

Great hit by Papali on Buhrer, but he is clearly 3 yards offside, well ahead of the defensive line by the time Jamie gets the ball.

Shoulder charge from Shillington in the opening tackle of the game. Nothing done by officials. Lawrence didn't stay down like Burgess.

yes at that all adds up to 90:10 - the biggest problem canberra have is furner who is deluded, cannot coach and can't add up either. Why are the media not banging on about him being a serial whinger.

Serial whinger indeed is David Furner:

"Upset Canberra coach David Furner accused match officials of blocking his side's path to a shock win over Manly at Brookvale Oval on Sunday, declaring a Raiders victory wasn't meant to be."

date: May 2012

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-News-Furner-blasts-officials-after-Manly-loss

Furner said the exact same thing when Canberra lost at Brookvale oval last season - I think the score was 18-10 (not a great Manly win mind you).

From memory he went on and on about how Canberra were the better team but got rorted by the ref's because it is Brookvale oval. And went on to say basically no other team ever wins at Brookvale because it is Brookvale. And that it decided before the game commences.

De Ja Vu.

Tell him to watch the replay,all belcher was saying all night,gee Canberra will get pinged soon for being offside,they are testing the refs patience,and thats all they did all night,stayed offside,and got away with it

Are we the only home crowd that can't win penalties for our team? We were blowing up big team throughout the match, but it didn't work.
A home team losing the penalty count is simply un-Australian.

Probably the refs seem to have it in their head that they wont blow penalties for us and stick with it

The Who said:
Are we the only home crowd that can't win penalties for our team? We were blowing up big team throughout the match, but it didn't work.
A home team losing the penalty count is simply un-Australian.

Seems like it.

On David Furner. He will never win a premiership as a coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6