[Resurrected] David Fifita helping police with their enquiries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
David Fifita’s State of Origin campaign could be in jeopardy with the NRL to this week issue the Gold Coast Titans star a breach notice following his Christmas trespassing saga.

The NRL has finally concluded a near six-month investigation into Fifita’s actions on December 27 last year which prompted the Queensland Origin forward to be arrested.

Fifita, 21, was detained by police following allegations of trespassing at a Clear Island Waters property on the Gold Coast.

He was later released with a formal caution and looked set to escape sanction by the NRL, until a News Corp investigation in February revealed the Titans had brokered a $10,000 payment to the family involved in the incident.

(I have grave doubts about the sincerity of any nrl investigations. they always decide what result they want, and work the investigation from there.)

David Fifita’s State of Origin campaign could be in jeopardy with the NRL to this week issue the Gold Coast Titans star a breach notice following his Christmas trespassing saga.

The NRL has finally concluded a near six-month investigation into Fifita’s actions on December 27 last year which prompted the Queensland Origin forward to be arrested.

Fifita, 21, was detained by police following allegations of trespassing at a Clear Island Waters property on the Gold Coast.

He was later released with a formal caution and looked set to escape sanction by the NRL, until a News Corp investigation in February revealed the Titans had brokered a $10,000 payment to the family involved in the incident.

(I have grave doubts about the sincerity of any nrl investigations. they always decide what result they want, and work the investigation from there.)

Might be suspended vs us then. That would be good

I wish an NRL player would accidentally walk into my place then their club throw 10k in my lap.

So the Titans never disclosed to the NRL Integrity Kangaroo court that they had paid off the victim? That is worthy of stripping competition points. What other sanction could ever be appropriate for such a deliberate and dishonest disobeying of the NRL?
Fining the player is one thing but the club's role if anything is worse.

So the Titans never disclosed to the NRL Integrity Kangaroo court that they had paid off the victim? That is worthy of stripping competition points. What other sanction could ever be appropriate for such a deliberate and dishonest disobeying of the NRL?
Fining the player is one thing but the club's role if anything is worse.
If they didn't tell them it was outside the cap
Bad move

If they didn't tell them it was outside the cap
Bad move
Outside the cap sure, hadn't even thought of that part, but each club has signed up to accept a clear duty to fully disclose to the NRL any potential scandal, whether police involved or sex or drugs or whatever. Brokering a cover-up and keeping it secret is a serious breach, and if the NRL under V'Landys is fair dinkum about the game's integrity (everyone knew it was a joke under Greenberg) this has to have consequences. One would think.

Outside the cap sure, hadn't even thought of that part, but each club has signed up to accept a clear duty to fully disclose to the NRL any potential scandal, whether police involved or sex or drugs or whatever. Brokering a cover-up and keeping it secret is a serious breach, and if the NRL under V'Landys is fair dinkum about the game's integrity (everyone knew it was a joke under Greenberg) this has to have consequences. One would think.
depends on the club involved

When Burgess smashed up cars with a street sign after being rejected by a girl and Rusty paid off the victims i don't remember the NRL making quite such a fuss.

Back in the day I'm sure that all clubs were practiced in bailing certain star players out of sticky situations.
Just a misunderstanding, here's something for your inconvenience, I'm sure you can see it our way

Well this is correct it would be the second time Fifita has had someone paid off, didn’t the broncos pay him out of trouble in Bali

True and I think it says in the article that they claim it was basically a bribe to get out of Bali. Inferring that he didn't do anything wrong, they targeted him and they paid it just to get him home.

-yeah

The National Rugby League (NRL) today fined Gold Coast Titans player David Fifita for breaching the game’s Alcohol Code of Conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.

Fifita has been fined $20,000 with $10,000 suspended for 12 months. He must also complete, to the NRL’s satisfaction, counselling, education and training as mandated by the NRL, in consultation with the Titans.

The Breach Notice, which Fifita has accepted, states he breached the NRL Rules when he entered the premises of a home, which he did not reside in, on December 27, 2020.

No criminal action was taken against Fifita.

The Gold Coast Titans have been cautioned for not promptly disclosing the club’s payment for a security system which was installed in the home after the incident.
Fifita is paying for the cost of the system personally, in addition to his fine.

There are no salary cap implications relating to this matter.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4