Dave Smith to Resign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Maybe"

Lololol.
I will lay my last dollar that moving games away from Brookvale was the prime topic of conversation.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Penns asked for the meeting.

The accusations of Manly getting favours from the league, mostly from opposition fans, were bad enough when Arko was in charge. If Tooves ever got the NRL's top job I can only imagine what would happen lol

Smith and Geenturd with other NRL admin staff spent 3 hours at Narrabeen yesterday locked away with our board.. I wonder what that was all about. Why were they here. I will have to get more info on that one. It is spot on information as well.
Watch the DT rumour mill go into overdrive..."Which Sydney club could be in salary cap trouble after the game's Head Honchos bunkered down for a marathon session at the club's headquarters? We'll give you a hint...it isn't the Roosters, Bulldogs, Eels, Sharks, Dragons, Panthers, Rabbitohs or Tigers....."

Regardless of the AFL fox will bid heavily for the nrl because apart from sport they offer very little to the general public in these expanding times. Lets not forget this deal currently being negotiated is for 2 years away. What does joe public think as netflix, stan and other platforms readily available and fox spitting the dummy. His investment in the Afl only highlighs how short they are of quality content.

The thing you forget is that there is no other realistic competition now for Fox to compete against. Seven don't want the NRL, they already have the AFL. SBS and ABC don't have the money. Murdoch has a financial interest in Ten, so he won't bid against himself. Murdoch will lowball the NRL and the NRL will say "thank you sir" because without the offer they have nothing. They need each other but at the moment, the NRL needs Fox more than the other way around.

The thing you forget is that there is no other realistic competition now for Fox to compete against. Seven don't want the NRL, they already have the AFL. SBS and ABC don't have the money. Murdoch has a financial interest in Ten, so he won't bid against himself. Murdoch will lowball the NRL and the NRL will say "thank you sir" because without the offer they have nothing. They need each other but at the moment, the NRL needs Fox more than the other way around.
Not sure you are totally right and only time will tell. Fox does need NRL or they will lose massive amount of subscribers in NSW & I assume Qld, especially if the NRL does not give the Broncos regular TV spots over the four days. What Fox will pay is another story

I think Fox need the NRL far more than everyone thinks.

Their market penetration in NSW/QLD will die a thousand deaths without the NRL.

There's simply zero, or close to zero, reason for having it otherwise .

I currently pay $95 a month, I don't get ( or want) movies.

If there's no NRL I'd maybe pay $10 a month, if it was any dearer they can come and collect their box!!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Let's go back to NRL with just Sydney teams like it was before.

That would be my big concern, If Smith goes we dont want Greenturd running the show, that would be a total disaster! We need someone in charge of the game, who (A) understands it from its core and (B) who has a non agenda approach and is fair to all clubs. For too long our game has been controlled by faceless men who have been eroding the fabric of the game by making decisions on the run and existing in a reactive environment rather than a proactive one. We need some clear direction about where the game is going and we have not had that and the massive concern about crowds staying away from the footy has to be looked at!
bring back quale & arko they can run this as before ans do it standing on their heads both to men and negotiators

you r joking of course

He is correct.

Did you miss the election where Rupert did everything he could to get as many idiots to vote Abbott in? Did you ever sit and wonder why?

Simple - NBN. If Labor won and we had decent internet speeds then Fox is screwed as you can download everything you wish for a lot less. So Rupert put on the biggest campaign in history to get Abbott in who in turn screwed the NBN to repay one of his highest paying supporters.

and people think he will help out Brookie as well

• 👍
He is correct.

Did you miss the election where Rupert did everything he could to get as many idiots to vote Abbott in? Did you ever sit and wonder why?

Simple - NBN. If Labor won and we had decent internet speeds then Fox is screwed as you can download everything you wish for a lot less. So Rupert put on the biggest campaign in history to get Abbott in who in turn screwed the NBN to repay one of his highest paying supporters.

oh please, so its all political now....juts keep it to sport or visit the ABC TV forum

I think Fox need the NRL far more than everyone thinks.

Their market penetration in NSW/QLD will die a thousand deaths without the NRL.

There's simply zero, or close to zero, reason for having it otherwise .

I currently pay $95 a month, I don't get ( or want) movies.

If there's no NRL I'd maybe pay $10 a month, if it was any dearer they can come and collect their box!!
They can pick mine up on the way through as well Mark, you're spot on.

He is correct.

Hit the nail on the head there mate.

• 🤝

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8