Dave Middleton's Rugby League Annual

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
It's out today ($18.95). Interestingly, Jamie Lyon did not make their team of the year. The centres are Greg Inglis and Josh Morris.

RE: 2012 Rugby League Annual

If i take my Maroon coloured glasses off, Both did have pretty good years.

Inglis played the bulk of the season at fullback did he not ?? Was Slater fullback or Barba ?

2012 Rugby League Annual

Chip and Chase said:
Inglis played the bulk of the season at fullback did he not ?? Was Slater fullback or Barba ?

Exactly! GI misses out on the fullback spot, tough luck, can't then pick him somewhere else.

Morris was outstanding at Origin level so no dramas there for me

Does anybody have any idea where I could pick up last years annual ?

Stevo said:
If i take my Maroon coloured glasses off, Both did have pretty good years.

Yeah agree. That's why I just said 'interestingly'. But IMO Lyon was the best centre in the game this year and Inglis played most of the year at fullback. The teams for every round are named and Inglis played just two games at centre for his club. He moved to fullback in Rd 3 and stayed there for the remainder of the year. Add the three state of origin games and one test match. That's six games at centre all year. Hardly enough to be named centre of the year.

The team is:

Fullback :Barba
Wingers: B Morris and Tate
Centres: Inglis and J Morris
5/8: Thurston
1/2: Cronk
Props: Tamou and Ear Biter
Hooker: Smith
2nd Row: Myles and S Burgess
Lock: Gallen

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Dave Middleton is on twitter bones would be interesting to see how Inglis got to be centre over Lyon

Tamou and EB props of the year? What happened to the Dally M prop of the year, fat Sammy?

eagles2win said:
Dave Middleton is on twitter bones would be interesting to see how Inglis got to be centre over Lyon

I just asked him.

lyon is a class above any other centre in the game and a goalkicking one at that!

I'm pretty sure they got Jamie Lyon to name the side this year due to his excellent player judgement ability, and all round superior knowledge of the game. Being a humble bloke, I guess he decided to give a couple of strugglers, by comparison, the honours.

I tweeted Middleton with "How did Inglis make your team of the year at centre? He only played there twice for Souths + 4 Rep games. Just 6 games all year".

He replied with "Good enough for QLD and Australian selectors to name him in their 'teams of the year' so good enough for me."

I just remembered Inglis played fullback in Origin 3 as Slater was out injured. So he played centre in just 5 games.

bones said:
I tweeted Middleton with "How did Inglis make your team of the year at centre? He onlyplayed the twice for Souths + 4 Rep games. Just 6 games all year".

He replied with "Good enough for QLD and Australian selectors to name him in their 'teams of the year' so good enough for me."

I just remembered Inglis played fullback in Origin 3 as Slater was out injured. So he played centre in just 5 games.

Well if middleton doesn't have an original opinion he should save time and just name the aussie team.

globaleagle said:
bones said:
I tweeted Middleton with "How did Inglis make your team of the year at centre? He onlyplayed the twice for Souths + 4 Rep games. Just 6 games all year".

Well if middleton doesn't have an original opinion he should save time and just name the aussie team.

I asked him if that's his reason then why didn't Billy Slater make his team?

A valid question with a high probability of either no response or some crappy one.

"Awww Bones I just like him and the arlc wanted me to put in marquee players and my employer told me to so there."

-would possibly be an accurate answer.

globaleagle said:
A valid question with a high probability of either no response or some crappy one.

"Awww Bones I just like him and the arlc wanted me to put in marquee players and my employer told me to so there."

-would possibly be an accurate answer.

His response: "Yet you have no issue with me selecting Bret Tate on the wing - 23 games at centre for NQ and 3 games on the wing for QLD"

I tweeted back: " only because I wasn't aware of it. Now I do (have an issue with it). Another ridiculous decision"

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8