[Resurrected] Darcy Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
Ronald Jock said:
JAKMAK said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Lussick to make call on NRL future

By Nathan Ryan
5 June 2012 11:02AM EST

MANLY prop Darcy Lussick is set to make a call this week on whether he will stay at Manly or join Parramatta for next season.Having debuted for the Sea Eagles last season, the 22-year-old has long been expected to announce his departure as the Sea Eagles attempt to retain hooker Matt Ballin and fullback Brett Stewart for next season.

However with the club losing back rower Tony Williams to Canterbury on Monday, they may be able to keep Lussick who told sportsnewsfirst.com.au he will make a decision this week.

“This is the first time I’ve ever done a serious contract,” Lussick said.

“I’m only 22 so I guess it has played a big part, I’d like to say it hasn’t but it’s always in the back of your mind.

“It’s difficult but everyone has to do it so I have no excuses.

“There’s a few things I have to weigh up and hopefully it will be done this week.”

While the Sea Eagles have managed to retain halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran along with centre Steve Matai, winger David Williams also remains without a deal for next season.

While Lussick only made his NRL debut last season he is hopeful of securing a short-long term deal.

“Two or three years I’m looking at,” Lussick said.

“Nothing too long but sort of get a bit of stability there and help myself off the field as well.”

Lussick said while he started the year slowly he is pleased with how his form has progressed over the last couple of weeks.

“I definitely haven’t started the year as best as I wanted to,” Lussick said.

“It’s probably taken me a few weeks to get into it but over the last couple weeks I think I’ve been playing alright.

“It has probably been an adjustment thing.

“Adjusting to the NRL, I don’t know what it was really but I’ve been working really hard individually over the last couple of weeks.

“I’ve been more pissed off then anyone with how I started but I feel like I’m starting to find some good form now.”

And with a new contract to earn, Lussick is using his lack of game time as motivation.

“I haven’t been playing that many minutes early on and Tooves (coach Geoff Toovey) has told me he wants me to play a few more minutes now so I’ve been working on my fitness and my game,” he said.

“I just want to help out as much as I can and contribute as much as everyone else does and even more.”
Yeah right Darcy and we believe in the tooth fairy grow some balls and tell the truth you HAVE already signed with the slime.These gutless players make me sick first hoopa jr saying he loved the club and would be staying then 1 day after grand final he pisses off. Then this season trex played us saying he loved it and would be staying now after doing the bolt has anybody heard from this big piece of crap NO you are a big ape trex and we can do with out you. Now Darcy stop talking s**t and piss off you we all know you have signed and are just looking for the courage to tell us

You're an idiot.

Players change clubs all the time simple as that.
There's no need to bag them for their decisions. We just move on to the next up and comer.

Nice first post.

Forums are like WWE wrestling. There are the good guys then there are villains.

Welcome to the villain team.

Thanks mate.

He sounds like a good kid. As I said a few weeks ago I think for him it will come down to a decision about whether he wants quick cash (Parra) or wants to try to build a long term career (Manly).

He has loads of potential but he is certainly is not worth the cash Parra is rumoured to have thrown at him, and with the cash comes the pressure - just ask Sandow.

Obviously I hope he stays and I think that would be the best decision for him in the long term, but if he goes I can't really blame him. He is entitled to get as much cash as he can if that's the way he wants to play it.

On the game plan tonight the Mole adviced that Lussick is a done deal at Parra for next 3 year's.. take that as you will. I have a feeling they are correct. Also mentioned Greg Eastwood looking for a new club

if he has been struggling in a championship winning team with top line players beside him imagine how wonderful he will go at the parramatta graveyard lol

lsz said:
Not at cambo

I hate the week to week mentality - But players always take things one week at a time!!

If i could be bothered i would dig up some of the posts when i looked like Darcy was leaving - now we want to keep him as he had a good game on the weekend and t-rex is leaving

Loyalty is a two way street

Who told you this? Tony Williams? lol

I've been a Lussick fan from day 1.

His only problem has been the media hyped him and alot of fans got sucked in thinking every start he would be a Sam Burgess clone.

He has done fairly well this year for a young prop making his way.

Personally i would love to re-sign him.

That said, i do think he is gone to the Eels.

By chance I saw him in the city today, had a brief chat to him (very brief) but based on the way he said something I will be surprised if he remains, or it could just be him thinking who the hell is this bloke

Please give us some more detail voice from the hill? What did you say, what did he say etc?

ps I am outstripping you in # of posts

Disco said:
I've been a Lussick fan from day 1.

His only problem has been the media hyped him and alot of fans got sucked in thinking every start he would be a Sam Burgess clone.

He has done fairly well this year for a young prop making his way.

Personally i would love to re-sign him.

That said, i do think he is gone to the Eels.

I think all the hype was from the fans. I can't recall too much media driven stuff, its not like they were pumping him up as the next SBW.

He's had some real good games for us and a few ordinary ones which is not that unexpected for a young player. At times he suffers from the same syndrome a lot of young forwards do and thats trying to prove he's not intimidated and in an attempt to be overly aggressive means he comes up with some errors.

More than happy if he stays.

Shoe1 said:
Please give us some more detail voice from the hill? What did you say, what did he say etc?

ps I am outstripping you in # of posts

It is more to do with the way he answered a question - and specifically tone of voice and body language. As I say it could well be a "who is this numb nuts?" reaction, but just a read I got.

And hell whats the harm of a bit of speculation - there's not enough of it going on here I reckon ;)

June 11,2012 - The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole
Moley hears lussick may stay @manlyseaeagles now. #gettingboring

Hope Darcy does stay - his ball handling has really improved this year.

We need tall forwards who run straight at the opposition.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4