Darcy injured in first hit up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Also had the form to be the player who could have the biggest negative difference with his sometimes silly antics and misguided aggression.

Agree to disagree. Of all our props, I think he's easily replaceable and that with a half dozen hungry options ready to step up, we will be ok.

If this had happened to AFB or Taupau I would be concerned... But Lussick, whilst can show glimpses of potential, can also show glimpses of stupidity that cost the team dearly... When you combine those 2 elements to who he is as an overall player, I think any number of our guys can fill that spot.
And that's not factoring in his injuries.

Anyway, time will tell. Best wishes to whoever they replace him with (if of course the damage is as bad as they think).

My point is ... if Jake and Kapow have great years .... they had great years last year ... so NO difference.

Of all our players Lussick ... has .... the potential to make the biggest difference. From little contribution to big impact. At his best he is very very good, he outplayed Kapow over a 3/4 week period before injury and .... if ...... at his best (with Kapow and AFB) we would have easily 3 rep level props. Takes us up to that top 4 forward pack.

As I said, the loss of that potential is a biggy for me. Not the end of civilisation , but disappointing.

Once upon a time a post this dumb would be a good reason to hammer
Someone. Now it deserves nothing but this@:rolleyes:

No worries - let’s revisit my suggestion that Darcy is a myth . Suspensions after injuries and stupid penalties is all he’s shown . Let’s see what he brings to manly for the money he’s on this season

Yeah agreed. But we haven't seen that consistency till the end of 16 I think it was and even then it was only for a string of games.

I understand what your saying about depth for sure but I think Darcy's game is very easy to replicate. Tanginoa for example could easily fit into the basic props game plan. Great motor. Then you've got Perrett who appeared to play well last night. Lane could easily adjust his game to basically be a prop. Sipley is a big unit and seemed to get through his numbers last night.
So personally, I think we can cover him with the stocks we've got.

Anyone know anything about the props from Blacktown also? Wonder if Darcy is ruled out for the season that Baz may put one of them into the top 30....?

Also wonder if Baz may rethink the Carney situation if Lussick is gone. May want to spend any remaining money picking up a prop from elsewhere...?
NRL Lurker claiming dogs are still in salary cap trouble and trying to offload Tolman.

SALARY CAP DRAMAS NOT OVER FOR THE BULLDOGS

It might be a new regime but it's still the same old salary cap problems at the Bulldogs.

We've been told the Dogs footy department is desperate to alleviate a ton of salary cap pressure before the season begins and the player's name we're hearing is Aiden Tolman.

Tolman is on a huge deal through until 2020.

He has been the cornerstone of the Dogs pack since joining from the Storm in 2011, but the Canterbury hierarchy would be willing to let the prop-forward go should a rival club come knocking.

At least two Sydney clubs are watching this space intently.

Manly apparently one of the clubs

Toleman is a work horse of a prop for sure, and I’m unsure on Darcy’s injury, but I have to disagree with you snake and say we have lots of depth in the front row... I feel we are skinny in the centres, with Dylan walker out for a while and coming back from a very serious injury, who do we have? Matt Wright is solid but ain’t making many breaks he’s too slow. Kelly, Parker and Tom Wright all quite young and unproven, could end up blitzing em

Lussick is crucial to our side as a starting front rower, when he is starting, he and Marty lead the way with an aggressive edge and can get us on top early. No better example than that game against the Panthers in Rd 26, he set the tone right from the 1st set of 6, the rest followed and we destroyed them for the rest of the match

At the end of 2016, he was sensational. Started injured last season, came back on the bench, and was ok without being outstanding, but later on in the season Barrett started him again and his form went upwards in a hurry

I can live with a few penalties and love an aggressive forward because a big hit can change the momentum of the game and make the opposition runners on their toes and keeping a watch for him out of the corner of their eye

While it cost him 10mins, I also loved it when he saw De Belin put some **** onto his halfback so he went in and put a few on his chin. Not what you're meant to do these days but I like to see a front rower looking after his playmaker

Toleman is a work horse of a prop for sure, and I’m unsure on Darcy’s injury, but I have to disagree with you snake and say we have lots of depth in the front row... I feel we are skinny in the centres, with Dylan walker out for a while and coming back from a very serious injury, who do we have? Matt Wright is solid but ain’t making many breaks he’s too slow. Kelly, Parker and Tom Wright all quite young and unproven, could end up blitzing em
.. don't forget Lewy B

our prop rotation could become a problem if Marty & AFB are 'careless' in their tackling we don't want them not being agro but we don't want & can't afford them getting suspended again

So, like what were the results of the scan?

So, like what were the results of the scan?
xray.JPG

:)

Could Manly offer the experienced Jeff Lima or Rory O'Brian a 1 year contract? There's a young dude from the Titans, Oshae Tuiasau, who's doesn't have a contract, 116kg's, 22yrs. He might fit in well with our young and upcoming forwards.

Last edited:
Could Manly offer the experienced Jeff Lima or Rory O'Brian a 1 year contract? There's a young dude from the Titans, Oshae Tuiasau, who's doesn't have a contract, 116kg's, 22yrs. He might fit in well with our young and upcoming forwards.

It’s 4-6 weeks not season ending so the club wouldn’t bring in another Prop for that short duration unless they were thinking long term signing.

Keeping in mind it’s 4-6 weeks from Saturday just gone not of the NRL season which begins in a bit under 4 weeks time

Last edited:

Tolman intentionally pulled Kapow's hair last season during a 'tackle'... No WAY he'd ever show his face at Narrabeen.

Ok so I thought Id check the stats on how "crucial" to our side Lussick is when starting.

Lussick started 5 times in 2017 for 2 wins and 3 losses.
Lussick came off the bench 9 times for 4 wins and 5 losses.
When Lussick didn't play we won 8 games and lost 4.

Its funny you mentioned the Panthers as the game where he dominated and the rest of the team followed because we played the Panthers 3 times last season - Darcy started in all 3 and we lost 2 of those games...

Also interesting you mention the DeBelin "put a few on his chin"... thats the game we got absolutely pumped right?... So how did that work for the team?

I get that the bloke plays with his heart on his sleeve and thats why he is so noticeable but I don't for one second believe he is "crucial" to our success.... in fact, based on last years stats, we were clearly more successful when he wasn't in the starting 17. Read into that what you want.

Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital.

Take the Panthers games as examples, one of them we were down 16-4 on penalties, could have had Lazarus and Beetson starting and we wouldn't have gotten anywhere !!

Re the Dragons game, from memory we were down 30 when he threw a few, and in the ensuing 10mins we came back to be 6 down, so maybe that passion did something for the team ? I don't know

Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital.

Take the Panthers games as examples, one of them we were down 16-4 on penalties, could have had Lazarus and Beetson starting and we wouldn't have gotten anywhere !!

Re the Dragons game, from memory we were down 30 when he threw a few, and in the ensuing 10mins we came back to be 6 down, so maybe that passion did something for the team ? I don't know

Love the mini skirt analogy , still PMSL after reading it.

Have to remember that one for another time!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8