Daly Cherry-Evans nickname Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What should Daly Cherry-Evans official silvertails nickname be ?

• DCE

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Sid

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Chez

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters
I would love to go to another club with fans like you giving him **** at every opportunity.

RiverEagle said:
I think we are just digging a deeper and deeper hole for ourselves, at this point anyway.

We are adding monikers ( Giraffe and Turtle ) not whittling them down!

As for the race between DCE and Sid...Well it's clearly still ''neck and neck'' at the moment...!

''neck and neck'' at the moment...! ??

wtf-cat.jpg

What poll results are you looking at?

Currently, the "DCE" option (21 votes or 37.50%) is nearly closer to double that of the "Sid" option (13 votes or 23.21%).

If you disregard the "Chez" and "Other" votes and just use the current combined 34 votes against the "DCE" and "Sid" options, the result is "DCE" 21 votes or 61.76% to "Sid" 13 votes or 38.24%

The other way of looking at the current poll result is that if you combine the "Chez" and "Other" votes into one option, it shows that 22 voters or 39.29% don't like either of the "DCE" or "Sid" options.

Using my analysis above, whatever way you look at the poll, the "Sid" option is clearly the loser.

As for the poll itself, I would have rather seen it smaller option wise with maybe a choice of "Sid" or "Other (DCE, Chez, Chezza, Turtle, etc. and post your choice) or even a "Yes" or "No" question about calling him "Sid". That way we would have seen a more truer indication towards the "Sid" option.
icon_rolleyes.gif

If over 1 in 5 people call you sid, your nickname is Sid. It maybe only be one of your nicknames, but a nickname it is.

The entire concept of requiring permission or a concensus to call him whatever we please was amusing at first but is becoming ridiculous. You call him whatever you want, extend to me the same courtesy.

And to the people that think Sid is in some way insulting we are only using it in the same affectionate and amusing way his own team mate did on air.

Alan said:
If over 1 in 5 people call you sid, your nickname is Sid. It maybe only be one of your nicknames, but a nickname it is.

The entire concept of requiring permission or a concensus to call him whatever we please was amusing at first but is becoming ridiculous. You call him whatever you want, extend to me the same courtesy.

And to the people that think Sid is in some way insulting we are only using it in the same affectionate and amusing way his own team mate did on air.

I hope that you weren't referring to me and my comment immediately before yours with the bolded section in your comment that I quoted?

Like I said in the 'DCE Contract clause.' thread:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-DCE-Contract-clause?pid=581295#pid581295

"I'm one of the ones who is not a fan of the "Sid" naming either but to each their own so I will just stick to "DCE" or "Daly" and cringe when I read him referred to as "Sid"
icon_rolleyes.gif
"

and that is all that I will continue to do. My previous comment was a response to RiverEagle saying the poll between "DCE" and "Sid" was neck and neck when clearly it wasn't.

Yes fair play too @Jethro

I wasn't about to let the facts get in the way of my ''neck and neck'' joke, mate!

A brilliant pun (considering the birth of ''Sid'' WAS because of Daly's NECK) that people clearly missed!

Alas it is true...From those who care enough to vote (and I still haven't) do prefer something other than Sid.

Fair enough too.

I just suspect it won't stop the occasional use of it (Sid) and again I'll say, it doesn't bother me much either way.

No @Jethro it was a general comment aimed at those narrow minded, intolerant, bigoted individuals that wish to impose their wishes on other people.

What makes this site interesting and vibrant is the diversity of, and difference in the opinions expressed. For some (even if it is 30%) to seek to silence the use of a nickname is pathetic.

Other than Boris that is because that is just stupid.

Alan said:
No @Jethro it was a general comment aimed at those narrow minded, intolerant, bigoted individuals that wish to impose their wishes on other people.

What makes this site interesting and vibrant is the diversity of, and difference in the opinions expressed. For some (even if it is 30%) to seek to silence the use of a nickname is pathetic.

Idiot

bones said:
Dan, can we have life bans for anyone who calls Daly 'Sid' please?

Not that it means anything, but "Sid" for me. I love Daly but that's a great nickname and reference.

or how 'bout "Vicious"
(as in Sid Vicious - the Sex Pistols).

OK. In an effort to show I'm both loyal and a free-thinker, I have jumped off my fence and voted...

However. As a direct statement on the fiercely divided debate over ''DCE'' or ''Sid'' I have voted with my conscience and actually opted for...''Chez'' !

Of the two (DCE or Sid) I quite like Sid.

But nevertheless, the unpleasantness and acrimony around the election has forever soured the crop for me.

From now on, it's Chez for me folks!

(And YES, all that's just tongue-in-cheek!)

Alan said:

Ease up, Adolf. The whole thing is tongue in cheek. You're the narrow minded one by assuming everyone is serious.

Get a grip buddy.

well there will be a story out tomorrow that DCE and his manager have put contract talks on hold till end of next year as there are 4 or 5 more Sydney clubs as well as the Broncos interested in his services

Napper said:
Alan said:

Ease up, Adolf. The whole thing is tongue in cheek. You're the narrow minded one by assuming everyone is serious.

Get a grip buddy.

And I love it!

I SO hope Adolf sticks as a nickname for @Alan now!

Lol...Sorry old mate!

RiverEagle said:
Napper said:
Alan said:

Get a grip buddy.

And I love it!

I SO hope Adolf sticks as a nickname for @Alan now!

Lol...Sorry old mate!

Well even if just 1 in 5 people call him that, it's his nickname. So it is his nickname. Napper, or anyone else doesn't need approval to call him that. Lol.

HappilyManly said:
I just hope Sid comes home from SOO safe and helps win us another GF in 2014 :angel:

Sid didn't get picked for SOO, nor will he be able to win us a premiership as he is a member of the Sex Pistols band. He's also dead.

Unless you're talking about the cartoon character from Ice Age, surely not though. He isn't even a human being.

How good is this?? Other teams fans discuss crap coaches, crap players, sh1t antics on and off field.........we have several pages arguing the popularity of a nickname!

Long live Manly! Long live our champion longneck halfback!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2