Daly Cherry-Evans in sights of Brisbane Broncos when Manly Sea Eagles contract expire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Said this on few people's status about this :

He goes we sign Hunt for a fraction of his price and then sign another player so it could actually make Manly better long run

would be a firm kick in the nuts if DCE left and we let gifty go....

maybe manly should just start saying they're interested in anyone coming off contract like everyone does to us?

Griffin will be long gone from Bronx well before DCE contract at Manly is up. And grown men in their mid 20s usually make their own decisions not just follow what dad wants. Eels got Hoppa Jr but he was a still a kid really.

I say let DCE go if it means paying that sort of money. Use it to resign others instead and go with the next player up approach with Littlejohn. Him and Foz would make a great combo in the halves without the drama and loss for rep footy three times a year.

TagMonster said:
I say let DCE go if it means paying that sort of money. Use it to resign others instead and go with the next player up approach with Littlejohn. Him and Foz would make a great combo in the halves without the drama and loss for rep footy three times a year.
The Combo of DCE and FOZ is premiership material . You don't win premierships by saving money you win them with spending money . With due respect to Little john There is no comparison what so ever with him and the classy DCE .

BOZO said:
TagMonster said:
The Combo of DCE and FOZ is premiership material . You don't win premierships by saving money you win them with spending money . With due respect to Little john There is no comparison what so ever with him and the classy DCE .

I agree with you to an extent. But spending over a mil on one player means you will be weak in other areas. DCE is a fantastic player that still has so much potential, but I wouldn't want to be like NQ and have a top player that always come up short of a premiership because of a weak supporting class. You are correct that Littlejohn is no comparison, but who knows what the future will bring for him. Just look at the scum and how they are going now that three players take the majority of the cap. DCE is a fantastic player, but he can't do it on his own if we overpay for him at the expense of losing our current talent.

TagMonster said:
BOZO said:
TagMonster said:

I agree with you to an extent. But spending over a mil on one player means you will be weak in other areas. DCE is a fantastic player that still has so much potential, but I wouldn't want to be like NQ and have a top player that always come up short of a premiership because of a weak supporting class. You are correct that Littlejohn is no comparison, but who knows what the future will bring for him. Just look at the scum and how they are going now that three players take the majority of the cap. DCE is a fantastic player, but he can't do it on his own if we overpay for him at the expense of losing our current talent.
The scum have lost players over the years paying top dollar to keep their 3 superstars but in doing so they have always built a strong team around them with no name players and have won a premiership a couple of years a go and have also remained one of the top sides in the NRL . We have proven to do the same thing as the scum with our no name forwards this season .

BOZO said:
TagMonster said:
BOZO said:
TagMonster said:

The scum have lost players over the years paying top dollar to keep their 3 superstars but in doing so they have always built a strong team around them with no name players and have won a premiership a couple of years a go and have also remained one of the top sides in the NRL . We have proven to do the same thing as the scum with our no name forwards this season .

I understand where you are coming from but there is no guarantee that we will continue to find those players. Not to mention, those no name forwards will want a contract in the future and it would be nice to be able to afford them. Im no guru but I would rather a team than one or two superstars on millions. DCE can pass it to himself.

A good coach like the great 2V can always bring out the best out of no name frill forwards that can be found anywhere . Million dollar super stars can not be found anywhere and can attract players to a club for less money . DCE is worth it !!! :)

TagMonster said:
BOZO said:
TagMonster said:
BOZO said:
TagMonster said:

I understand where you are coming from but there is no guarantee that we will continue to find those players. Not to mention, those no name forwards will want a contract in the future and it would be nice to be able to afford them. Im no guru but I would rather a team than one or two superstars on millions. DCE can pass it to himself.

Sure there is. Just get Manly to affiliate with the CQ Capras. We could very well have DCE, Hunt and the likes of Corey Oates on the books right now. Then like Penrith, half our NSW Cup side would be NRL standard players. Petition the club to make the call. What could it hurt????

Now, someone quote me and we'll see how long we can grow this b!7ch!!

Whether you like it or not its those X factor players like DCE that are the ingredient that takes you from a competent competitive team. to a premiership winning team. Premiership winning teams always have a few X factor players who tip the balance. DCE, Foran and Brett Stewart are our X factor players, while Lyon has been for years but is gradually slipping from that assessment. Manly would be a solid middle range side without those players.

Bearfax said:
Whether you like it or not its those X factor players like DCE that are the ingredient that takes you from a competent competitive team. to a premiership winning team. Premiership winning teams always have a few X factor players who tip the balance. DCE, Foran and Brett Stewart are our X factor players, while Lyon has been for years but is gradually slipping from that assessment. Manly would be a solid middle range side without those players.

Agree Bear, but even Sid has a value, at some point (it may not be $1.1m) even Jesus would become too expensive to play at centre.

For as many "superstars that win a comp, history is full of superstars without a premiership ring. It still takes 13 good players.

Its a balancing act but there will be a price beyond which Manly can't or will not go. I hope it doesn't reach that point.

Just look at Thurston, the million dollar Cowboy. They have to hide him in defense in origin because he can't tackle. DCE can tackle as good as any player. If JT can command $1million then DCE will get more.

mickqld said:
Just look at Thurston, the million dollar Cowboy. They have to hide him in defense in origin because he can't tackle. DCE can tackle as good as any player. If JT can command $1million then DCE will get more.
If Thurston is the icing on the cake then Daly is the Cherry on Top of all class players and he is a Sea eagle !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4