Daly Cherry-Evans in sights of Brisbane Broncos when Manly Sea Eagles contract expire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt that Brisbane are chasing DCE that hard at this stage. 18 months is a long time and players like Hunt can rise in quick time.

Brisbane are interested in DCE because he's the best half back around at present. But if Hunt produces the goods, then paying very big bucks for DCE might not seem so flavoursome. Its paper talk guys.

Of course, Brisbane are interested but clubs all about the place are interested in talent coming through and making their bids. Suggesting he'll go because of his father is like the talk a few years back about Foran. First it was SC because he was a close mate of Pearce and their talent scout was his mum's good friend. Then it was the Dogs, because of his good relationship with Hasler. But he stayed at Manly.

Most players are going to stay at Manly if the money is in the ball park of other clubs offers, just as most players stay at the club if they are happy there and they have spent long periods in that system. Better the devil you know so to speak. He seems comfortable there, he is adored by the fans, he knows the coach will get the best out of him and he knows Manly is one of those sides where premierships are won consistently.

If DCE leaves, its because of an offer way higher than what Manly has to offer full stop. And I doubt Brisbane will have that sort of money unless they have a very philanthropic third party individual. And we know Brisbane is right now experiencing problems in that regard. That's the motivation for 95% of decision making, money and being happy. And besides his partner is an avid Manly supporter I understand or has she left him?

Is the surprise that it is only Brisbane?

Which team with space in their cap would not want to have him? Maybe the Roosters, Storm, Cowboys, Tigers and the Warriors but i can not think of any other team who would not be interested in some way

It may all come down to fans loyalty more than DCE's loyalty, or the mighty dollar. If he is constantly given the title of being sly, untrustworthy or greedy and self serving, and is made out to be the villain that makes other players leave the club, as the media seems relentless in trying to label him to be, he may look for peace of mind elsewhere.

If I were him, I might consider packing up my little family and heading to where I feel accepted and appreciated for my efforts in the NRL. I truly hope the media don't win this war, and decide a player's future by applying so much pressure he snaps so they can pat themselves on the back and say "YAAAYYYYY!! We got one right".

I'd love to see the club and the fans unite, stop believing the media hype and let Sid know we don't want to lose him. Then give him the benefit of the doubt, at the very least, and let him decide. As fans, as a club and as players, we shouldn't let him feel we are willing to see him walk away because the media and a (perhaps) greedy manager make it happen.

The media should pull their collective heads in and stop trying to play football God's by making up and rehashing bullsh1t stories every second day.

Good thoughts moz but the media does it in all sections - politics, business, sports, entertainment. If they didn't speculate then there would be squat all to fill the space between the ads. I'd love for Sid to stay but if he goes remember that it was his decision.

Manly has given him his career when the Broncos told him hes not good enough. Manly also gave him a wife and kid. Manly has given him a premiership. Manly has given him an origin and Australia jersey. What more does he want. Why would he leave? to play with 1 guy he is mates with? I am sure he will manage. Broncos will offer him 1.1mil? Big deal. We will probably offer him around 1 million anyway. He will stay.

KaZa said:
.. Manly also gave him a wife and kid. ..

Manly is pimping out the Freshie Beauties now :huh:
We have tomorrow's DT headline for sure.:p

Everyone, including Choc, should let Sid be. :idea:
Then he can make a decision for 2016 and beyond :angel:

HappilyManly said:
KaZa said:

He wouldn't have met his wife if he didn't join Manly. Shes a local. Why go back to Qld? Hes not even from Brisbane. He may as well stay here.

KaZa said:
HappilyManly said:
KaZa said:

He wouldn't have met his wife if he didn't join Manly. Shes a local. Why go back to Qld? Hes not even from Brisbane. He may as well stay here.

Exactly, he's got a family here, big deal if his dad is mates with griffin. Would you go work for someone because he's your Dad's mate? Qld clutching at straws as usual.

It's a steaming pile of excrement if you ask me, but it always annoys me because......

Yet again, "journalists" can print whatever they like regardless of whether there is actually any basis for the story or not.

Can you imagine if you actually had to have some substance to what you wrote ? Then again, it wouldn't be called the Telecrap then would it ?

Everyone said the media made up the Watmough rift, and then Choc came out and confirmed it. It seems obvious to me that he not popular with the senior playing group (who are significant in size). Whether you like it or not, this is a concern moving forward with contract negotiations, because he may not be entirely happy playing at Manly. You can spin it anyway you like, it's not made up, and it's not going to help matters.

Ramrod said:
To some, the dollar is everything. The jersey means nothing.

For me, if I had the opportunity to pull on a Manly jersey, I'd play for "just enough" to buy a home. I'm envious that these people are lucky to wear the Manly jersey and be noted as a Manly player, and not... a Parramatta or a Dogs, etc.

I don't care for the "retirement at age 30" after footie.

That's why I admire Beaver.
He was not just a player.
He loves Manly as much as the fans.

TRUE ... however its easy for us to say that , we are supporters the players are employees.It is normal to chase the dollar and look after yourself & family..

Bottom line , we would all do it ( especially for such HUGE $$$$ )-
" nature of the beast " though disappointing at the same time.

One question in third party payments. Aren't these potential sponsors supposed to be prepared to pay the same money to the player if they don't play for the sponsors team of choice? Would any of those willing to help the Donkey's pay for DCE still say that if he decided to stay at Manly?

Big Money? Check.

Brisbane? Check.

Fathers connection to Griffin? Check.

Wet Dream about (untested) combo? Check.

Barba mention? Check.

Manly Salary Cap pressure? Check.

Rocky relationship with senior playing group? Check.

Journos just phoning in their stories these days? Check.

Yawn n n. I bet the royalties for the newspaper sales end up and the donkeys. If the kid really wants to go then good bye, he would be as good as Ben Barbara is wearing a horse head in amongst the incompetence that is Bronko's. If you have all the dollars. You have pretty much an entire state to pick your young talent from. And you still have to breach the salary cap, I doubt throwing big dollars at anyone is going to help. LOL.

Manly makith the player. Manly Makith the Man.

They just said on Triple M that there is no way Daly is going to leave Sydney and that the Broncos have not even talked to DCE yet as their priority is to keep Ben hunt.

He is not going anywhere, I have no doubt choc and even Stevie would not get signed to keep him yes it will upset some but he is worth that. Look at his performance v dogs he is a star.

This will come down to what Daly wants. He will be accommodated either way.

torana355 said:
They just said on Triple M that there is no way Daly is going to leave Sydney and that the Broncos have not even talked to DCE yet as their priority is to keep Ben hunt.

Ohh god he's gone then going on the accuracy of their mail.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6