Dally M's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Ben Hunt finished on 28 and DCE finished on 23. Makes perfect sense that DCE gets halfback of the year :S

Maybe because cherry Evans played origin and test footy and Ben hunt did not.

Bomack44 said:
bones said:
Ben Hunt finished on 28 and DCE finished on 23. Makes perfect sense that DCE gets halfback of the year :S

Cam Smith finished on 19 points.
James Segeyaro finished on 12 points.
Segeyaro never played test or origin footy, yet he won hooker of the year.

dowdz said:
Matai only scored 7 points all year. Was shocked at that.

We're lucky to get begrudging respect (for Matai) from opposition fans and almost all journos and media, mate.

This doesn't surprise me.

And WE all know the TRUTH. That's what matters.

And ( as @bones is pointing out ) look at the glaring inconsistencies throughout, to get the Dally M's in ultimate perspective, anyway.

bones said:
Bomack44 said:
bones said:

Brandy Alexander explained the process last night on 2UE.

The positional awards are independent of the points tally apart from the winner/s of course.

All the "judges" ( commentators, journos ) are asked to rank the players in positions on a 3, 2, 1 basis, they are tallied and the most points wins.

Seems like a fair enough system to me as it is taking their performances over the year as a whole and some teams have one dominant player that gets most of the weekly match points - eg Thurston and Hayne.
Also the weekly points are geared to reward players in winning teams.

Would be interesting if they published the points for the positional awards too.
Hayne v Inglis v Snake v Slater
Foz v Thurston
Graham v Scott

Rugby League week have a much fairer system. Every player from every game is given a rating out of 10 for every game.

StuBoot said:
bones said:
Bomack44 said:
bones said:

Brandy Alexander explained the process last night on 2UE.

The positional awards are independent of the points tally apart from the winner/s of course.

All the "judges" ( commentators, journos ) are asked to rank the players in positions on a 3, 2, 1 basis, they are tallied and the most points wins.

Seems like a fair enough system to me as it is taking their performances over the year as a whole and some teams have one dominant player that gets most of the weekly match points - eg Thurston and Hayne.
Also the weekly points are geared to reward players in winning teams.

Would be interesting if they published the points for the positional awards too.
Hayne v Inglis v Snake v Slater
Foz v Thurston
Graham v Scott

My understanding is the only thing to add to that is that if you finish in the top 3 you are guaranteed to win your positional award, as long as there aren't 2 or more players all in the same position.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6