Dally M 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Round 1 and only Guaca got some points out of the forwards who dominated the dogs, bit of a surprise to me that Jake or Bully didn’t get a vote.

Daly Cherry-Evans - 6 points
Haumole Olakau'atu - 3 points
Tom Trbojevic - 2 points
Reed Mahoney - 1 point.

Round 1 and only Guaca got some points out of the forwards who dominated the dogs, bit of a surprise to me that Jake or Bully didn’t get a vote.

Tom Trbojevic - 2 points
Reed Mahoney - 1 point.
I like the idea of the new two judge system - judges will still have their favourites but a standout player gets rewarded better imo.
Still weighted towards attacking or spine players so defensive units like Jake rarely feature unfortunately.

Yes, Mahoney had a great game in a thoroughly beaten side but him getting 1pt and Jake none is bit odd in my opinion.
How many other players in losing sides got amongst the points?

I like the idea of the new two judge system - judges will still have their favourites but a standout player gets rewarded better imo.
Still weighted towards attacking or spine players so defensive units like Jake rarely feature unfortunately.

Yes, Mahoney had a great game in a thoroughly beaten side but him getting 1pt and Jake none is bit odd in my opinion.
How many other players in losing sides got amongst the points?
Yeh your pretty much spot on with tge spine players, other games below.

• Eels v Storm Harry Grant - 6 points; Cameron Munster - 2 points; Nick Meaney - 2 points; Josh Hodgson - 1 point; Junior Paulo - 1 point.
  • Warriors v Knights – Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad - 6 points; Tohu Harris - 3 points; Wayde Egan - 2 points; Jackson Ford - 1 point.
  • Panthers v Broncos – Payne Haas - 4 points; Dylan Edwards - 4 points; Adam Reynolds - 3 points; Patrick Carrigan - 1 point.
  • Cowboys v Raiders – Scott Drinkwater - 5 points; Chad Townsend - 3 points; Reuben Cotter - 2 points; Tom Dearden - 2 points.
  • Sharks v Rabbitohs – Lachlan Ilias - 6 points; Keaon Koloamatangi - 2 points; Campbell Graham - 2 points; Cameron Murray - 2 points.
  • Dolphins v Roosters – Jeremy Marshall-King - 6 points; Felise Kaufusi - 4 points; Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - 2 points.
  • Wests Tigers v Titans – David Fifita - 5 points; AJ Brimson - 3 points; Adam Doueihi - 2 points; Tino Fa'asuamaleaui - 2 points.

Interesting change away from the 3,2,1...I must have missed that over the off season

So I assume 6 is the max you can get? The rest is divided equally amongst the remaining 3 players. And 4 are selected each week?

2 judges per game, each awarding 3, 2 and 1 point/s to the players.
So yep, maximum is 6 points.

Yeh your pretty much spot on with tge spine players, other games below.

• Eels v Storm Harry Grant - 6 points; Cameron Munster - 2 points; Nick Meaney - 2 points; Josh Hodgson - 1 point; Junior Paulo - 1 point.
  • Warriors v Knights – Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad - 6 points; Tohu Harris - 3 points; Wayde Egan - 2 points; Jackson Ford - 1 point.
  • Panthers v Broncos – Payne Haas - 4 points; Dylan Edwards - 4 points; Adam Reynolds - 3 points; Patrick Carrigan - 1 point.
  • Cowboys v Raiders – Scott Drinkwater - 5 points; Chad Townsend - 3 points; Reuben Cotter - 2 points; Tom Dearden - 2 points.
  • Sharks v Rabbitohs – Lachlan Ilias - 6 points; Keaon Koloamatangi - 2 points; Campbell Graham - 2 points; Cameron Murray - 2 points.
  • Dolphins v Roosters – Jeremy Marshall-King - 6 points; Felise Kaufusi - 4 points; Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow - 2 points.
  • Wests Tigers v Titans – David Fifita - 5 points; AJ Brimson - 3 points; Adam Doueihi - 2 points; Tino Fa'asuamaleaui - 2 points.
Since it’s inception in 1979,there’s only been 5 non “spine” players win the Dally M

Tom Trbojevic - 2 points
Reed Mahoney - 1 point.
However if you saw that idiot ado carr interviewed yesterday, he said the dogs dominated us most of the game and it was only the sin binning that brought them undone. Delusion at its best

Tom Trbojevic - 2 points
Reed Mahoney - 1 point.
Round 3 Points

Sea Eagles v Eels:
5 - Tom Trbojevic
3 - Josh Schuster
2 - Haumole Olakau'atu
1 Jake Trbojevic
1 - Clint Gutherson

My early tip to win the Medal is Harry Grant. I reckon this kid is the best hooker in the NRL, and better than Cam Smith because he is faster.

Round 4 Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles
6 - Cody Walker
4 - Daly Cherry-Evans
1 - Jake Trbojevic
1 - Cameron Murray

Round 5
  • Sea Eagles v Knights: 5 - Tom Trbojevic, 4 - Jackson Hastings, 2 - Lachlan Miller, 1 - Dominic Young

Surely that's a typo and it's Jake, right? Respectfully, I can't see how Tom earned 5 points from that match.

Round 5
  • Sea Eagles v Knights: 5 - Tom Trbojevic, 4 - Jackson Hastings, 2 - Lachlan Miller, 1 - Dominic Young

Surely that's a typo and it's Jake, right? Respectfully, I can't see how Tom earned 5 points from that match.
297 run metres plus 2 try assists 3 line break assists 3 tackle breaks and 1 offload, is why he got the points. Stats don’t tell the full story and I agree with you that Jake deserved the points but Tom and DCE will just naturally get the points when we win or go close as they are the high profile and flashy players.

297 run metres plus 2 try assists 3 line break assists 3 tackle breaks and 1 offload, is why he got the points. Stats don’t tell the full story and I agree with you that Jake deserved the points but Tom and DCE will just naturally get the points when we win or go close as they are the high profile and flashy players.
Spine/attacking players always dominate the points, history tells us so.

Does Jakes 50 tackles and 90 minutes deserve any points, maybe, maybe not.
That's his role effectively, yeah?

What surprises more is despite that there being two judges per game now is the differences in what they see.
They are driven by the result, stats, how they expect a player to perform...and God knows what.

I can't remember when a player from the losing side got the 3pts no matter how narrow the loss.
Maybe only Wighton and DCE in GF'S from memory.

I'll pick the three games that could've gone either way this weekend.

Manly v Knights
Turbo 5
( so 3 and a 2 ), Hastings 4 ( 3 & 1 ), Miller 2 (2 ), Young 1
Would Turbo have got 5 if we'd lost?
Who else would've figured in the points if we'd won?
DCE's match stats were similar to Hastings.
I dare say he'd have featured in the points if we'd won, even if it was JUST kicking a FG.

Sharks v Warriors
Johnson 6
( 3 & 3 ), Nicoll - Klokstad 3 ( 2 & 1), Mulitalo 2 ( 2 ), Tevaga 1
Was Mulitalo the Sharks best player?
He dropped a bomb cold that led to 6pts against.
Hynes no points? One could argue that his stats were on par with Johnsons.

Dogs v Cows
Kiraz 3
(3), Preston (3), Burton 2, (2), JAC 2 (2), Feldt 1, Luki 1
So Kiraz and Preston get 3's yet not even a 1 from the other judge?
The Dogs steal it at the death yet no Cowboys player was worthy of even a 2?
Two of the Dogs best players were their wingers? WTF?

So in those three games the only forward that they think really influenced the games' result was Preston (Dogs).
That says it all really.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4