Dally M 2023 discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great, just what we need ... big headed Newcastle.

Both of their fullbacks won the Dally M Medal, NRL and NRLW.

NRL Team of the Year

FB - Kalyn Ponga (Knights)
WG - Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Warriors)
CE - Stephen Crichton (Panthers)
CE - Herbie Farnworth (Broncos)
WG - Jamayne Isaako (Dolphins)
FE - Ezra Mam (Broncos)
HB - Shaun Johnson (Warriors)
PR - Payne Haas (Broncos)
HK - Harry Grant (Storm)
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)
SR - Liam Martin (Panthers)
SR - David Fifita (Titans)
LK - Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)

Coach - Andrew Webster (Warriors)

Geez there dragging this crap out, get on with it

No offence intended to the girl from the Cowboys who won the NRLW's community award, but her acceptance speech was very John Goss like.

For those who don't know, John Goss was a motor racer prominent in the 70s and 80s. Won Bathurst twice (1974 and 1985) and is the only driver to have won both the Bathurst 1000 and the Australian Grand Prix which he did in 1976. Gossy had a habit of giving LOOOOOOOOONG acceptance speeches. The in-joke was that his speech on the Bathurst podium in 1974 went longer than the race (over 7 hours...).

The Top 10

1 - Kalyn Ponga (56)
2 - Shaun Johnson (55)
3 - Scott Drinkwater* (50)
4 - Nicho Hynes (48)
5 - Harry Grant (47)
6 - Daly Cherry-Evans (46)
7 - Addin Fonua-Blake (44)
=8 - Dylan Edwards (42)
=8 - Nathan Cleary (42)
=8 - Payne Haas* (42)

* - ineligible

No single player from Manly other than DCE deserved to be listed tonight, and that’s how it went so that was pleasing.

The rest should not be sitting around in suits hoping for an award. They all played like busted coconuts this year and deserve nothing. They should be in Bali right now soaking up the rays and having a pleasant time because I don’t think 2024 is going to be all cushdie for this mob. Manly have gone all in with salary upgrades so there will be pressure to preform, and I hope the off-season will be brutal.

To be fair I’m not sitting around hoping for an award either unless Silvertails are offering one.

NYEagle

I'm surprised Ponga won, though he probably got top points every time they won because they rely that heavily on him. NZ and panthers both have 2 players in the top 10 so the points are spread a bit more. All in all I thought Johnson would have been a deserved winner
I was good with Ponga getting it. SJ cooled at the back end of the year and it cost him. Think he might have been injured as well.

Joke That Haumole didn’t win backrower with the Penrith bloke.

Cleary and Haas and others in those teams pay the price for great players across the team in these awards as votes are more widely spread.

I hardly watched it but caught the speech by the woman from the Gold Coast ? I think she was the coach of the year or something.

I've heard Stevie Wonder give shorter acceptance speeches than that. Talk about verbal diarrhoea. I could hardly remember a time when she wasn't talking.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8