Dale “Rowdy” Shearer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rowdy was just not a very talented rugby league player but also excelled as an athlete overall from memory . [ think that he made the state or even national titles back in the day in the javelin ] He was always very good on his feet and had great acceleration even from a younger age [ and from my observation from playing with him for a couple of years just prior to his Manly days ] Five seasons at Manly certainly entitles him to some reasonable connection at the club over his long career and i also have heard some occasional quotes from him mentioning how he regrets that he did not have more time there Rowdy "s old man Bob was a real good bloke and did a lot for Rugby League and sport in general during his time in the Mackay region [ the family was previously based in Ipswich apparently and in Rowdy "s childhood ] Bob actually had quite a few seasons at Valleys in Brisbane but think that he mainly played reserve grade but did have some footy smarts , Sadly passed away just over six years ago after a long illness .

He said that he left Manly for Brisbane so that his wife could be closer to her family however once he got there, he tried unsuccessfully to come back!
yes i heard him say once it was his bighgest regret in league leaving the seaeagles.

Rowdy was one of the fastest and most lethal backs I have seen wear the mighty Manly Jumper . He won Premierships with Manly and was also a winner with QLD and Australia . He is a legend on and off the field !

Rowdy did very well from real estate after his footy career but unfortunately had a major car crash a few years back and was hospitalised for a long time which had a serious long term effects on his physical and mental health. Ran into him at Surfers SLC a while back. Looked pretty good and in good spirits. Great footballer. Just a natural.

Rowdy did very well from real estate after his footy career but unfortunately had a major car crash a few years back and was hospitalised for a long time which had a serious long term effects on his physical and mental health. Ran into him at Surfers SLC a while back. Looked pretty good and in good spirits. Great footballer. Just a natural.
He also lost his wife at a very young age to cancer .
Very Resilient character Rowdy as he always bounced back and rose above of it all . He also lost his wife at a very young age to cancer .
He played in every position in the back line at top level accept half back . Very fast as well as very skillful player .

Googled his car crash and this

In 2009 Queensland Origin legend Dale ‘Rowdy’ Shearer lay in a coma, following a devastating car accident, which doctors feared would take his life.

The force of the accident tore his skull off his vertebrae, an injury no one had ever survived from.

"I tore my head off my vertebrae, no one was ever survived it," he said.

"It came right off but somehow it still had structure, it just wasn't sitting where it should be. At first the doctors weren't confident of doing an operation, they thought it was too serious and I was going to die anyway. But time just ticked by.

"A month after I'd been in hospital, I went to sit up and I heard a 'clunk' and I realised I left my head behind.

"I thought I was paralysed. I realised what had happened and I was having trouble seeing. Eventually it jumped back to where it should be. I couldn't believe it."

@:eek: WOW !!!

Googled his car crash and this

In 2009 Queensland Origin legend Dale ‘Rowdy’ Shearer lay in a coma, following a devastating car accident, which doctors feared would take his life.

The force of the accident tore his skull off his vertebrae, an injury no one had ever survived from.

"I tore my head off my vertebrae, no one was ever survived it," he said.

"It came right off but somehow it still had structure, it just wasn't sitting where it should be. At first the doctors weren't confident of doing an operation, they thought it was too serious and I was going to die anyway. But time just ticked by.

"A month after I'd been in hospital, I went to sit up and I heard a 'clunk' and I realised I left my head behind.

"I thought I was paralysed. I realised what had happened and I was having trouble seeing. Eventually it jumped back to where it should be. I couldn't believe it."

@:eek: WOW !!!
Remarkable Rowdy was Resilient on and off the field . That is a phenomenal story @Chip and Chase . I have had the pleasure to have met him and he is a very humble human being . A mans man and a good bloke

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2