Daily Telegraph - " Run by Amateurs"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daily Telegraph 'run by amateurs'
By The Brow
July 17, 2005

LEADING News Limited journalists have broken their silence on life at newspaper, labeling aspects of the paper as unprofessional and admitting to a lack of respect for some of the writers.

In a week where the newspaper has pillorized the Rabbitohs for failing to snare Braith Anasta and retain Ashley Harrison, News Limited journo's were instructed not to speak positively about Souths in the media on sensitive topics such as player recruitment, the move to Telstra Stadium and a possible shift to Gosford.

But, concerned by the paper's position, several top-liners spoke out on the condition of anonymity.

They painted the picture of a tight-knit group with good morale, but one disenchanted by papers' meagre reporters and a editorial staff that lacked the credibility of other NRL reporters.

One journo said the paper's reporters were a large reason why readers failed to believe a word they read.While Roy Masters has assistants like Steve Mascord and Phil Gould, The Telegraph has hacks like Paul Kent , Cameron Bell , Dean Ritchie and the worst journalist ever Rebecca Wilson.

A reserve-grade reporter 5 years ago, Wilson has never played top-level rugby league, yet un-named News reporters said she and Ritchie regularly wrote opinionated pieces on the sport.

"This newspaper needs to get more professional. It's very hard to excel at News Limited. " one reporter said.

"Look at the credentials of our reporting staff. How many of them have played in the NRL under the 10-metre rule? Our gossip columnist was out there the other day teaching reporters how to spread Central Coast propaganda and she hasn't played an NRL game in her life.

"It's embarrassing. Ritchie isn't the problem, it's more his support staff. Steve Mascord has gone to the SHM because he can learn from people like Roy Masters and Phil Gould. I would love the newspaper to be successful but I have valid concerns about the way the paper is being run."

Ritchie defended his assistants and bristled at suggestions they were the chief reason intelligent readers had shunned the newspaper.

"If reporters here have a problem, I'd rather they come and see me than go behind people's backs," Ritchie said. "If it's a concern among reporters, we need to remedy the situation quickly.

"Wilson is very much part-time but there are reporters who have never reached the heights of the athletes they write about . I have great faith in Rebecca, she is a very good rumour spreader and agenda pusher. "

"I don't think there are enough senior reporters at News Limited with a professional attitude," one anonymous staff member said.

where is this from?

That is a very, very amusing piece of work.

Top marks for that Matt O!!

Thats hilarious, i thought it was serious till i saw its identical to the report they wrote on souths... too funny!

Dan, it's a spoof of a vicious little article the Tele ran on Souths yesterday.

Thats hilarious, i thought it was serious till i saw its identical to the report they wrote on souths... too funny!

Well that was the "inspiration" for this piece. Bloody **** journo's , time to cop some back.

Dan, it's a spoof of a vicious little article the Tele ran on Souths yesterday.

thanks for that. I thought it was a spoof but having not read the souths article was unsure

Had me fooled until that part-

One journo said the paper's reporters were a large reason why readers failed to believe a word they read.While Roy Masters has assistants like Steve Mascord and Phil Gould, The Telegraph has hacks like Paul Kent , Cameron Bell , Dean Ritchie and the worst journalist ever Rebecca Wilson.

The Telegraph never report that truthfully.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4