D -- DAY FOR DES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Dear Des

2021 and Everyone is laughing at us
No one rates us
The Media mocks us
and some fickle feathered friends have converted into Chickens and deserted us

Our Legendary club is under the pump
and they have pumped up your wallet to do what Manly legends like you do best
and that is to honour our great club and maintain its unmatched and Priceless
spine tingling historic glory

The time has come for you to Instill the Resilient and Victorious Sea eagle spirit back into our team
and light up the grounds with inspirational victories so that the lost Manly souls
can start to see and have faith once again

Time is of essence and the time has come for you Des to exhibit your excellence
and Glorify our Great club once again
2ad274f1058a0cda519743cb97e7871e.jpg

I prefer this version ...

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

PSS ... Just as an aside ... St Crispin is the patron Saint of shoemakers ... which on reflection is a much better gig than Saint Fiacre .. who is the patron Saint of Hemorrhoids and venereal diseases ... (God must have really had the shiites with old mate Fiacre) ...

Last edited:
According to media reports this year is when cherry decides on his 2 year extension. How des handles this is key to our success. No way anyone pays close to that coin based on results so he is staying. If he was worth it broncos would offer him more.

His contract in a cap era strangles our clubs ability to recruit all the necessary tools to be ultra competitive including depth. It essentially is like a cap penalty of about 400k.ish Unloading him and paying freight is the same situation. His actual worth determines that. Cap penalty, shaun johnson and maybe another 100k . Still not a good result. Getting him to play to his contract seems a lost cause . Too often quoted looking for someone else to be the leader

Getting him to renegotiate based on worth before committing to 2 more years is very big in our future prospects. With very little 3rd party money and a big defecit in ability to earnings and no chance of anyone taking up his contract value desmonds ability as a man manager is as important as it ever was.

I like chez, he is a pretty good player and in a non salary cap environment i wouldnt give a nuns nasty . But his contract is like paying croker 700 k a season and expecting to compete.

D day indeed

PSS ... Just as an aside ... St Crispin is the patron Saint of shoemakers ... which on reflection is a much better gig than Saint Fiacre .. who is the patron Saint of Hemorrhoids and venereal diseases ... (God must have really had the shiites with old mate Fiacre) ...

The Black Adder (series 1) has a better version (lol...)

Coaches are usually under the pump I guess.

Dangerous to post about holding manhoods in a bozo created thread.

According to media reports this year is when cherry decides on his 2 year extension. How des handles this is key to our success. No way anyone pays close to that coin based on results so he is staying. If he was worth it broncos would offer him more.

His contract in a cap era strangles our clubs ability to recruit all the necessary tools to be ultra competitive including depth. It essentially is like a cap penalty of about 400k.ish Unloading him and paying freight is the same situation. His actual worth determines that. Cap penalty, shaun johnson and maybe another 100k . Still not a good result. Getting him to play to his contract seems a lost cause . Too often quoted looking for someone else to be the leader

Getting him to renegotiate based on worth before committing to 2 more years is very big in our future prospects. With very little 3rd party money and a big defecit in ability to earnings and no chance of anyone taking up his contract value desmonds ability as a man manager is as important as it ever was.

I like chez, he is a pretty good player and in a non salary cap environment i wouldnt give a nuns nasty . But his contract is like paying croker 700 k a season and expecting to compete.

D day indeed
This is a deep thinking post and I like deep thinkers @jbb/james

IMO I believe the brilliant DCE and the inspirational captain of our team and the Queensland team is an elite player in his position and deserved the money he is on

I do not believe in lowering players pay .I believe we should raise our own standards

I believe in all Manly people raising to the high standards that is required for our great club to remain great and raise the bar to the high standards that other club administrators handle the 3rd party agreements and other club members who support their club in high numbers

Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

Yes ,I believe he was a real mother Fiacre.

D day indeed
If you look at our squad this year I think its a pretty clear indication that Chez's contract is in NO way hindering the quality of squad we can put together. We have depth in every position and quality depth! If Fainu wasn't suspended then even our hooker options are extremely strong... Yeah it'd be nice to pay Chez a little less but its not stopping us putting a premiership squad together!

If you look at our squad this year I think its a pretty clear indication that Chez's contract is in NO way hindering the quality of squad we can put together. We have depth in every position and quality depth! If Fainu wasn't suspended then even our hooker options are extremely strong... Yeah it'd be nice to pay Chez a little less but its not stopping us putting a premiership squad together!

We have no hooker with any experience . Our first choice has a few hundred minutes as a replacement 9 and a 6 that we can only afford as because of his injury history which we purchased at a third of his real worth because of it. No one thinks he will play out the season

Thats half of our spine. Our replacement 6 while talented has 20 minutes of grade and our replacement hooker has no hooker experience either and not many games under his belt

Who is our replacement 7. The same players

Saab may well be our back up 1 and im unsure if he has played a grade game. If not its that other bloke with maybe 6 steady but unimpressive games

If you spend too long on silvertails we can often get carried away with potential

This is not opinion

We have no hooker with any experience . Our first choice has a few hundred minutes as a replacement 9 and a 6 that we can only afford as because of his injury history which we purchased at a third of his real worth because of it. No one thinks he will play out the season

Thats half of our spine. Our replacement 6 while talented has 20 minutes of grade and our replacement hooker has no hooker experience either and not many games under his belt

Saab may well be our back up 1 and im unsure if he has played a grade game. If not its that other bloke with maybe 6 steady but unimpressive games

If you spend too long on silvertails we can often get carried away with potential

This is not opinion
Oh @:(
Well, what about 2022, maybe a chance then?

This is not opinion
Actually I'd say that is your opinion.

Fainu is our hooker and part of our squad and although unable to play is still contracted in our squad which is what you are talking about isn't it? The fact he is not playing is void in regards to your argument about Chez taking up so much cap space that we can't put a premiership squad together...

Foz is an international half-back, Schuster is regarded as one of the best young playmakers in recent memory and we still have Walker as an option in the halves, that's as good depth as amy other team!
We also have guys like Sipley, Olakau-atu, Funa, Tuipilotu not in our 17. I think that is pretty good depth.
Look at other teams and tell me who has better depth?
Roosters are running out with Lam as their half-back. Now tell me you wouldn't rather Foran and Schuster?

Actually I'd say that is your opinion.

Fainu is our hooker and part of our squad and although unable to play is still contracted in our squad which is what you are talking about isn't it? The fact he is not playing is void in regards to your argument about Chez taking up so much cap space that we can't put a premiership squad together...

Foz is an international half-back, Schuster is regarded as one of the best young playmakers in recent memory and we still have Walker as an option in the halves, that's as good depth as amy other team!
We also have guys like Sipley, Olakau-atu, Funa, Tuipilotu not in our 17. I think that is pretty good depth.
Look at other teams and tell me who has better depth?
Roosters are running out with Lam as their half-back. Now tell me you wouldn't rather Foran and Schuster?

Statistical information about the games people have played is not an opinion. Croker and cust are our hookers until 6 weeks from finals at best. Fainu is a good player but we will play 75 % of the season without him
Croker who most people wanted to axe last season is tipped to start. We have hope he will improve but his actual performances so far are pretty lacklustre and you could not say he is better than danni levi at this stage

We had a decent pack last year and were playing for 2nd last at one point. We have added some players with potential .

in my original post i added my opinion that Dce is overpaid about 400k . By my reckoning that and crokers coin would have put us in ballpark for mcinness before his unfortunate injury. Its obvious you see that as overkill considering the abundance of wingers and backrowers we have

if schuster Has half the season we hope for , can we expect to sign him for forans coin. Pfft not a chance. He will be 5-600 k in no time.

I had forgotten about walker. His games at 6 last season were probably the best games by our 6 or 7 all year. Big plus

Spin it anyway you like but he is overpaid and we could strengthen our team if he was paid his worth. I might upset @BOZO here but this 8 year mega contract Was a desperate blunder by the real bozo that still hurts the team Everyone makes mistakes , even the immortal

I do not agree that the Incomparable immortal made a mistake feathered friend
At the time of the DCE signing elite halfbacks were as rare as chickens teeth and was chased hard by other clubs
Halfback as you know is a critical part of the spine and by locking an elite player on long term deal provides the team with stability and comradery
I am in favour of paying elite players what they deserve and DCE is that player that will be part of our next premiership winning spine under Des

Manly News at the time of his contract.....
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn said the long term deal was befitting of a player of Daly’s stature in the game.

“Daly is the calibre of player that the Club can continue to build a premiership winning culture around,” Penn said.

“Daly has already played in 2 Grand Finals for the Club and won a Clive Churchill medal. He is at the top of his game and this contract reflects how valuable he is to the Sea Eagles and how important he will be for our future success.”

“We are very confident that this signing will be the tipping point for the Sea Eagles future recruitment plans.”

CEO Joe Kelly said the re-signing of Cherry-Evans was a massive boost for the Club.

“Today is a wonderful and historic moment for the Sea Eagles, our sponsors, members and supporters. Daly is one of the best halves in the game and has a long-term representative career in front of him at both State and National level,” Kelly said.

I do not agree that the Incomparable immortal made a mistake feathered friend
At the time of the DCE signing elite halfbacks were as rare as chickens teeth and was chased hard by other clubs
Halfback as you know is a critical part of the spine and by locking an elite player on long term deal provides the team with stability and comradery
I am in favour of paying elite players what they deserve and DCE is that player that will be part of our next premiership winning spine under Des

Manly News at the time of his contract.....
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn said the long term deal was befitting of a player of Daly’s stature in the game.

“Daly is the calibre of player that the Club can continue to build a premiership winning culture around,” Penn said.

“Daly has already played in 2 Grand Finals for the Club and won a Clive Churchill medal. He is at the top of his game and this contract reflects how valuable he is to the Sea Eagles and how important he will be for our future success.”

“We are very confident that this signing will be the tipping point for the Sea Eagles future recruitment plans.”

CEO Joe Kelly said the re-signing of Cherry-Evans was a massive boost for the Club.

“Today is a wonderful and historic moment for the Sea Eagles, our sponsors, members and supporters. Daly is one of the best halves in the game and has a long-term representative career in front of him at both State and National level,” Kelly said.
i too beleive players and in fact all people should be paid for there contributions. He is a good player, no where near great and he should get a good return

Forgive me if the exact numbers are not correct

Manly offered chez 800 k but stuffed him around
Then we offered him 1.25 to backflip
He had not got any better , his worth went up only as a lure and he has not really improved or worked on the big ticket items. He is still an 800 man.
Chez not only has not matured to be the leader the team needs in Term of kicking and patience on field, he does provide other qualities , but he shows absolutely no intention of doing so , continually trotting out the line that he needs someone else to do that. Would he be that shameless if he were playing for a contract every 2 seasons.I think not. We say this about other players. Why is he exempt

Blake green to run the team on 350 k
Foran to run the team on similar
Expecting the club to find a game manager on a pittance is not a long term strategy to build the success you speak of but we are contuinually looking for it because we lack it. Getting enigmatic halfbacks that run the ball , back up and throw the odd face ball is far easier that employing or even finding a game manager

we bag the roosters but they knew mitchell pearce lacked the tools no matter how stacked the team they put around him
We can not do that due to his contract. Cherry is part of a winning team but he needs more partners than the greats of the game to bring success, yet he is paid as a great of the game, not just in some manly supporters eyes.

The bay city rollers were idolised , but not as quality musicians , but they still had steadfast fans that idolised them . While they were a fad there are still some that love them

i too beleive players and in fact all people should be paid for there contributions. He is a good player, no where near great and he should get a good return

Forgive me if the exact numbers are not correct

Manly offered chez 800 k but stuffed him around
Then we offered him 1.25 to backflip
He had not got any better , his worth went up only as a lure and he has not really improved or worked on the big ticket items. He is still an 800 man.
Chez not only has not matured to be the leader the team needs in Term of kicking and patience on field, he does provide other qualities , but he shows absolutely no intention of doing so , continually trotting out the line that he needs someone else to do that. Would he be that shameless if he were playing for a contract every 2 seasons.I think not. We say this about other players. Why is he exempt

Blake green to run the team on 350 k
Foran to run the team on similar
Expecting the club to find a game manager on a pittance is not a long term strategy to build the success you speak of but we are contuinually looking for it because we lack it. Getting enigmatic halfbacks that run the ball , back up and throw the odd face ball is far easier that employing or even finding a game manager

we bag the roosters but they knew mitchell pearce lacked the tools no matter how stacked the team they put around him
We can not do that due to his contract. Cherry is part of a winning team but he needs more partners than the greats of the game to bring success, yet he is paid as a great of the game, not just in some manly supporters eyes.

The bay city rollers were idolised , but not as quality musicians , but they still had steadfast fans that idolised them . While they were a fad there are still some that love them

You seem to be forgetting that Manly could not afford to re-sign DCE and Foran.

Foran lied to Manly’s face, pushed up his price and forced Manly to pull their offer on DCE, as Foran was first choice.

It was proven that Foran had no intention of re-signing with Manly, but to screw us around in his pact with Whatmough to join Parra.

What else was Manly to do? Lose both halves?

Remember, DCE never wanted to leave Manly, Foran did.

Yet, here we are and the lying POS is back at Manly.

Guess that D C E was just in the right place at the right time to get that very generous up grade in 2016 or so and after definitely prepared to stay for around 850 k a few months earlier and for at least 3 seasons . Think that he has some excellent attributes and skills and always puts in for Manly , sometimes very well and at the highest level , not a great track record in game management and then not to warrant his highest paid player status in the league . But it is what it is and can only hope and really expect that he can play to a premier level on a very regular basis during his remaining time at Manly . Certainly hope that his general kicking game can get back to a good to very good standard this season and on going of course .

Foran lied to Manly’s face, pushed up his price and forced Manly to pull their offer on DCE, as Foran was first choice.

It was proven that Foran had no intention of re-signing with Manly, but to screw us around in his pact with Whatmough to join Parra.

No doubt that Foran left a bit to be desired with his contract saga with Manly at the time but do recall him still having at least some public desire to maybe stay on and even appearing at Manly H Q with a late consideration to at least consider staying but the cap strain on keeping both him and D C E was always going to be challenging . Pleased that D C E was retained [ but not at the final contract price ] and unfortunately that was the reality that Manly could not retain the both of them at the time

These are negotiation issues rather than a conversation about ability. Still relevant.
You have bought up and intersting point about cap balance.the last time we were successful was when we had a balanced halves pairing providing the necessary game to be contenders

The question i pose is how we afford that without weakening other components. The biggest cut to the bottom line i see is in cherries contract, because he wont achieve the results we want unless others are shaping the game. And he hasnt lived up to those lofty heights in years, if ever

We were happy to let go of AFB even though he is one of the best props . While he requested it , we were happy to get his salary off the books to get aoli , foran , and a bit of fat tonspread round

Last edited:
These are negotistion issues rather than a conversation about ability. Still relevant.
You have bought up and intersting point about cap balance.the last time we were successful was when we had a balanced halves pairing providing the necessary game to be contenders

The question i pose is how we afford that without weakening other components. The biggest cut to the bottom line i see is in cherries contract, because he wont achieve the results we want unless others are shaping the game. And he hasnt lived up to those lofty heights in years, if ever

We were happy to let go of AFB even though he is one of the best props . While he requested it , we were happy to get his salary off the books to get aoli , foran , and a bit of fat tonspread round
Have to take into account that D C E would be receiving the player marquee allowance and probably a continuing T P A so not all negative with his big chunk of the cap but so would other high profile players from other clubs and Cherry is still apparently the highest paid . Just the fact he is pretty settled in Manly with 3 seasons left and plenty of promising players coming through and at reasonable contract levels [ at least for some time yet ] ideally better that he sees out his contract and again can produce some high quality footy on a regular basis in the process

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4