D Day for Des board meeting Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
I don't understand much about what's going on but how does the board or Des prove guilt or innocence in this case?
If the board says he's done things but Des says he didn't, who decides?
Who's the judge and jury in a situation like this or do people just blame each other with no result and everyone left questioning?

Well an example would be emails between Des and Dave Warwick, or several staff members and players reporting this to the board. Its like a court case: If one person says you did it it becomes he said, she said. However, if 5 people back this up it becomes more credible evidence.

Matabele said:
bones said:
11-11-11 D Day for Hasler. We will always remember what he did.

You know exactly what "he did" do you? I somehow doubt it.

No, only you know everything. Everyone knows that.
Now who would I rather side with? Arko, Max Krilich and Fred Jones OR Matabele, and the Daily Telegraph? Hmm really hard choice, I may need time to ponder.
I could be referring to the two premierships he won.
I could be referring to him trying to destroy the club by taking as many personell as possible.
In any case I'm allowed to have an opinion on what I believe he has done . The same as you are allowed an opinion on what you believe the board has done.
Please accept my explanation ye almighty one Matabele.
If you don't though, feel free to lock this thread and only reopen it at times when you need to add something more.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Matabele said:
mickqld said:
Tooves I do trust but its the rest of the jackasses that caused all this mess I dont trust. They've been making darn fool decisions for too long now. I just prey this one isn't the mother of all f**k ups.

Don't we all? But to be honest I've gone beyond caring.

then why are you still here ?

He knows exactly what the 'jackasses have done.' He is after all, Matabele. We should all worship him (Ewok to C3PO style).

Hopefully Des justs realizes that its over and just move on, never know he may even come back as a possible CEO ;)

bones said:
Matabele said:
bones said:
11-11-11 D Day for Hasler. We will always remember what he did.

You know exactly what "he did" do you? I somehow doubt it.

No, only you know everything. Everyone knows that.
Now who would I rather side with. Arko, Max Krilich and Fred Jones OR Matabele, and the Daily Telegraph? Hmm hard choice, I may need time to ponder.
I could be referring to the two premierships he won.
I could be referring to him trying to destroy the club by taking as many personell as possible.
In any case I'm allowed to have an opinion on what I believe he has done . The same as you are allowed an opinion on what you believe the board has done.
Please accept my explanation ye almighty one Matabele.
If you don't though, feel free to lock this thread and only reopen it at times when you need to add something more.

So you don't know exactly what he's done but you will remember it then?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Matabele said:
mickqld said:
Tooves I do trust but its the rest of the jackasses that caused all this mess I dont trust. They've been making darn fool decisions for too long now. I just prey this one isn't the mother of all f**k ups.

Don't we all? But to be honest I've gone beyond caring.

then why are you still here ?

Because unfortunately I made a commitment to help moderate the excesses here.

Please Explain

Fox Sports News is showing everyone turning up at Narrabeen for the 'Please Explain' Meeting.

Glad to see the Players represented by Killer, Kitey and the Wolfman.
Tooves is also part of the process.

So here's hoping that sane heads prevail and Manly is a priority with all of them :angel:

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn will make a statement regarding the future of Des Hasler at 12pm. #NRL

RE: Please Explain

HappilyManly said:
Fox Sports News is showing everyone turning up at Narrabeen for the 'Please Explain' Meeting.

Glad to see the Players represented by Killer, Kitey and the Wolfman.
Tooves is also part of the process.

So here's hoping that sane heads prevail and Manly is a priority with all of them :angel:

What has FSN reported?

2gb reports Des has been officially sacked. They credited Dean Ritchie as the news source.

What a sorry lot some of us are and how quickly we can turn on people who have brought us so much.

Remember there will always be two sides to a story and we will never be privileged enough to know the truth as we will only hear what they want us to hear.

This is a very very sad day in my eyes and it seems to always play out with our club every decade. I will always be loyal to the colours and the players that play for our team but I am disgusted how it has played out.

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Des and Crusher, thanks for rebuilding the club and instilling a winning culture, best of luck to you both for the future (just not against manly).

Tooves, I hope you’re not the sacrificial lamb being brought to the slaughter and I wish you equal and even reach higher achievements.

Interesting that Penn said all through the season they were matching what Des was saying he wanted, but then every time when Manly came back "the goal posts" had moved again. It was if Des never wanted to find agreement with Manly. It's all too easy and convenient to blame Penn and the board. Webster on BSB this morning said something about the Bulldogs deal being done months before the finals.

OneEyedEagle said:
What a sorry lot some of us are and how quickly we can turn on people who have brought us so much.

Remember there will always be two sides to a story and we will never be privileged enough to know the truth as we will only hear what they want us to hear.

This is a very very sad day in my eyes and it seems to always play out with our club every decade. I will always be loyal to the colours and the players that play for our team but I am disgusted how it has played out.

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Des and Crusher, thanks for rebuilding the club and instilling a winning culture, best of luck to you both for the future (just not against manly).

Tooves, I hope you’re not the sacrificial lamb being brought to the slaughter and I wish you equal and even reach higher achievements.

I agree with you. This whole sordid saga has degenerated into a worst case lose/lose situation and doesn't reflect well on anyone involved, fans (and I include myself in that) included.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6