D Day for Des board meeting Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
9am as per Dean Ritchie on Twitter, he'll either be gone by 10 or rich by 11 and regardless be gone.

Sad day but time to move on

Seeing as I have absolutely no inside information, I'll simply share 3 thoughts I have on the current situation.

The last resort of a struggling administration – start a war. You will galvanise mass support simply by identifying the powerful and evil despot who threatens our way of life… (not sure why I thought of this one)

Up until very recently, Des was widely regarded as one of the most loyal and principled people in the game. (Surely most would agree?)

Having decided Des should not stay, the board would prefer to avoid being forced to pay him out. (This one is purely a guess).

bob dylan said:
This is a very sorry episode in the history of the club.

I agree sad BUT if true he will forever be a pariah and in time will live to regret his decisions

I hope we can prove the allegations or it will be disastrous for the club if they can't. The senior playing group will go mental if the allegations aren't true and Manly will look like the biggest bunch of a##holes in the world.

I will never hate Des. He's been part of our success.
This is all disappointing and confusing.
Can't wait for this whole mess to be over.
Would love to know the real story but we'll never know the truth.
Will ALWAYS support Manly.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Seeing as I have absolutely no inside information, I'll simply share 3 thoughts I have on the current situation.

The last resort of a struggling administration – start a war. You will galvanise mass support simply by identifying the powerful and evil despot who threatens our way of life… (not sure why I thought of this one)

Up until very recently, Des was widely regarded as one of the most loyal and principled people in the game. (Surely most would agree?)

Having decided Des should not stay, the board would prefer to avoid being forced to pay him out. (This one is purely a guess).

SER8 I fear our incompetent board is trying to make an Osama Bin Laden out of a Mother Teresa with nothing more than empty words. GOD I hope they know what they are doing here. This club is now teetering on the precipice of a bottomless pit at the moment.

mickqld said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

SER8 I fear our incompetent board is trying to make an Osama Bin Laden out of a Mother Teresa with nothing more than empty words. GOD I hope they know what they are doing here. This club is now teetering on the precipice of a bottomless pit at the moment.

Mick the board was well prepared they would not have taken this step without strong legal advice. In Tooves we trust have faith brother!!

I don't understand much about what's going on but how does the board or Des prove guilt or innocence in this case?
If the board says he's done things but Des says he didn't, who decides?
Who's the judge and jury in a situation like this or do people just blame each other with no result and everyone left questioning?

SER8 is surely on the money. People have been undermining the original decision to keep Des from the start. None of us really know what he has done and most of the info comes from the Daily Telegraph or out of people's imaginations. (Much the same thing!!!)

Ken Arthurson today called Des disloyal but then spoke to him reporting that Des maintains he has done nothing wrong.

Sadly this is all about Des and not about the people who have to take responsibiity for what has happened.

Canteen Worker said:
SER8 is surely on the money. People have been undermining the original decision to keep Des from the start. None of us really know what he has done and most of the info comes from the Daily Telegraph or out of people's imaginations. (Much the same thing!!!)

Ken Arthurson today called Des disloyal but then spoke to him reporting that Des maintains he has done nothing wrong.

Sadly this is all about Des and not about the people who have to take responsibiity for what has happened.

"Sadly" very apt word!!!

niccipops said:
I don't understand much about what's going on but how does the board or Des prove guilt or innocence in this case?
If the board says he's done things but Des says he didn't, who decides?
Who's the judge and jury in a situation like this or do people just blame each other with no result and everyone left questioning?

I guess it ends up in a court of law, then the judge decides :s

Tooves I do trust but its the rest of the jackasses that caused all this mess I dont trust. They've been making darn fool decisions for too long now. I just prey this one isn't the mother of all **** ups.

There shouldn't be any legal drama as yet. At present, he has been asked to present his case to the board.

Depending on what evidence exists and how Des defends himself there are three scenarios:

Des walks of his own volition.
Des has done no wrong and either continues, reinstated or agrees to stand down as the situation is toxic.
Des is found to have broken his contract - sacked!

A fourth is that no definitive finding is made - with no immediate action!!

mickqld said:
Tooves I do trust but its the rest of the jackasses that caused all this mess I dont trust. They've been making darn fool decisions for too long now. I just prey this one isn't the mother of all f**k ups.

Don't we all? But to be honest I've gone beyond caring.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6