Cuthbo's Defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Cuthbo's Defence

Des has got to stop dragging cuthbo in and out every couple of weeks. 1st grade is a whole new game and it has to be tough on him. Either leave him in or leave him out. His defence was found wanting a lot yesterday.

I will put some of it down to where he was defending. He probably shouldn't have been defending out wide against tahu and grothe. They made him look like he was standing still many a time. I would have had him smack in the middle but thats just personal opinion.

The point im trying to make is, he's trying to adapt to a new game, it can't be helpful playing 1 game a month. He just comes in as the weak link that way.

Cuthbo's Defence

I noticed that he was very slow getting up off the ground after making a tackle. He left a gap in the marker defence, and the Parra guys went right through there.

Cuthbo's Defence

Cuthbo's mobility was found wanting a couple of times yesterday. A fitness thing? Reminded me of the days of Stringer, et al, where players would jog when a sprint was needed. The Parra fullback, Wade McKinnon, flashed past him whilst he slowly jogged to cover the gap (unacceptable), and sidestepped him on a kick return another time which Cuthbo couldn't cope with but was covered by another defender (understandable). Cuthbo looked leg-weary at times.

Until his mobility improves, Des needs to manage him better than yesterday. Could be keeping him in close, could be giving him shorter spells (10 minutes either side of half time), could be placing mobile defenders next to him. Perhaps this is why Des has generally preferred Willo.

On the plus side, Cuthbo did get some hard yards.

Cuthbo's Defence

He looked a little lost yesterday - im not sure he knows what his position is, as flip said either in or out.

Cuthbo's Defence

He probably shouldn't have been defending out wide against tahu and grothe. They made him look like he was standing still many a time.

Tahu and Grothe are so good at the moment that they would make 90% of players defending against them look silly.

Cuthbo's Defence

Cuthbo is a young player and it is a big step from PL to 1sts. It is why he needs the exposure and time to adjust. Not too many players make an immediate step. If it is believed he has the goods he needs to be given time on the field and a chance to improve. He has strong parts of his game but is probably a front rower rather than a back rower. He must work at his tracking and lateral movement as that is what caused the problems. Beaver was an average defender in his early years and worked hard to get to his current level. Cuthbo has great ball skills and will improve. Look what Watmough is now compared to two years ago.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4