Cuthbertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Went to the Sharks on a $200,000 a year contract  and now be has been punted to park footy. He played for the Como Crocodiles on the weekend.

In the ultimate insult for the former Manly premiership- winning player, Cuthbertson spent Sunday afternoon being tackled by plumbers and bricklayers after being dropped to play for Como Crocodiles in the Cronulla A-grade competition.

Brought to the Sharks on about $4000 a week, Cuthbertson has fallen out of favour with coach Ricky Stuart after a season of performances befitting a minimum wage player, not a big-money recruit.

"Ricky is not too happy with him," said a Sharks insider.

"He wants a lot more out of him and he will have to work hard to get back into the side."

A coach with a history of sending big-name players like Brett Seymour and Josh Hannay back to the park, Stuart opted to make Cuthbertson run around Scylla Bay Reserve in front of a handful of fans with the Sharks' Premier League side out of action with the bye.

Cuthbertson's manager Andrew Purcell said the Manly recruit was disappointed with his axing from the NRL team but was determined to make it back into the side that was beaten by Canterbury at Gosford last weekend.

"Ricky wants him to play some minutes and there was no other way to get him out on the field," said Purcell.

"I think he just doesn't fit into their system at the moment with what they are trying to do. They knew what they wanted when he came across from Manly but things have changed."

Cuthbertson was recruited as a damaging ball-playing bench forward but Purcell said Stuart now wanted him to become an 80-minute player.

"He wants him to play more minutes and become a more durable player," Purcell said.

"He didn't come there as an 80-minute player and he is working hard to develop other parts of his game. He is not the Kade Snowden or Luke Douglas type but Sticky wants him to develop in those areas."

Purcell said his client had no desire to seek an early release from his contract.

"He is there next year too and he will just get on with the job. I haven't had a player yet that has had a year without some sort of bad news."

But it was all good news for Como, who beat bitter rivals Sutherland-Loftus 18-16.

"They weren't too happy that he played but we were," Como Crocodiles president John Mannah said.

So much for his ridiculous anti Manly tirade. We were giving him as much or more game time.

He was hardly a 'premiership' winning player with us.  I was never a fan as he dropped a lot of ball and fell off too many tackles.  You can see his deficiencies haven't been addressed when he runs on for Cronulla.

This shows you the quality of coach Stuart seems to be.

So many articles and so many stories about how quickly he gets pissy at his players when he doesn't get exactly what he wants or when he seems to be failing as a coach and does the old 'kick em to reserves' to teach them a lesson. Comeon, Stuart deserves better than this tosh. He played for the Raiders in the late 80's and 90's, what a legend of the game.

Any normal coach would probably put extra work on their 200K recruit and help him get back to the form that earned his signing but not that bitch ricky. Surly the best method for improving your NRL recruit is to have him playing tradies in a beers and meatpiethon.

Im not saying Cuthbo was a great player but Stuart is one hell of a dud coach.

I watched him play a pretty fair game for the Sharks against the broncos about a month ago....when he came on he produced some great second phase play but he missed one tackle and was given the hook straight away by Stuart.
In the meantime Tim Smith played the whole game like sh!t and I mean a shocker but seemed totally immune to any consequences.

Stuart plays favourites.  NSW will have him as coach and go down the gurgler.  He only got a premiership riding on the coattails of others at Easts.  Everything he touches turns to mud.  As well it was funny to listen to Fittler commentating in the Warriors v Parra game.  Could hardly understand any of his gibberish.  Another dud coach.   

Hahahaha DSM5 yes Fittler is a complete dribbler. He mumbles and stumbles through some jibberish that he carries on with and you can hardly understand any of it.He is such a westie. You can't take the Penrith out of him and try to make him a silk purse Eastern suburbs socialite.

Cuthbo had about six great weeks in 2007 when Gus and his mates wet their pants about him. He never seemed to recover from being the 18th man in the premiership win. It seemed to me he didn't do the hard yards needed to be consistently good. He was good for a few offloads on his day but had too many mistakes and missed vital tackles. It seems he has blamed Manly for his deficiencies rather than looking the mirror and being determined to strengthen up the aspects required. Shame that this great talent is wasted. Going to the Sharks was never going to be a great move.

I hope Cuthbo can come right at some stage and produce what he is capable of

On Fittler, I really enjoy his commentary personally, sounds like a normal bloke having some fun watching the footy

I guess you can understand him Kiwi, I doubt anyone over here can.  Didn't you find it funny when Gould called him a coach?

He went OK for a while mate

He just sounds like a bloke at the pubs having a few while watching the match and making comments, I enjoy that

Canteen Worker link said:
Cuthbo had about six great weeks in 2007 when Gus and his mates wet their pants about him. He never seemed to recover from being the 18th man in the premiership win.

He was playing pretty well for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles last year but Des hooked him from them in the week leading up to their grand final to play for Manly that weekend so he missed another grand final 2 years running.

He has significant ability but hasn't ever cemented his spot. He lost his spot in '08 after being sent off against the Raiders and couldn't get back when Hall took his opportunity with both hands. Last year he was selected for City Origin but dropped out with injury and again never forced his way back. Could still come good one day ... one day ...

The coaches just aren't getting it. Throw him on the wing ! He'll do wonders. Actually, he'd probably be T-Rex in a fair race !!

DSM5 link said:
He was hardly a 'premiership' winning player with us.  I was never a fan as he dropped a lot of ball and fell off too many tackles.  You can see his deficiencies haven't been addressed when he runs on for Cronulla.
I bet you loved him though when he had that brilliant offload dsm5 i know i did. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8