• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly have re-signed playmaker Cade Cust on a two-year deal. The 21-year-old has been in Des Hasler’s 17 for the past three weeks and will again come off the bench in Sunday’s clash with the Dragons.

Unfortunately I can't see the kid ever being a key player to our side..
He will most likely end up "that guy, what's his name, played 6 and hooker sometimes when fit, what was his name again???" In a few years once he moves on... Has never been able to string games together, and unlike other injury prone guys like turbo, has never locked down a spot of his "own".. always just a fill in between injuries

He will most likely end up "that guy, what's his name, played 6 and hooker sometimes when fit, what was his name again???" In a few years once he moves on... Has never been able to string games together, and unlike other injury prone guys like turbo, has never locked down a spot of his "own".. always just a fill in between injuries
Travis Burns like

Looking at it from an optimistic view
Life and footy has lots of twists and turns and Cust also has the ability and potential to progress.
So we can never say never

He is still young enough to make it IMHO

Looking at it from an optimistic view
Life and footy has lots of twists and turns and Cust also has the ability and potential to progress.
So we can never say never
This is also true..
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of cades, it's just frustrating when seemingly every time he gets given the chance to start in his preferred spot, he pulls out injured.. has happened numerous times now.. if he hasn't locked down his position by now it's pretty hard seeing him do so ever.. not with Schuster being groomed and DCE not looking likely to go anywhere

He is still young enough to make it IMHO
Agreed.. but where?? Is he going to continue to be a gap filler until DCE retires and hope he gets first shot???
He isn't taking Schusters 6 long-term you'd think and if fainu gets off and now Lawton on the books, where does he play when everyone's fit ???

Agreed.. but where?? Is he going to continue to be a gap filler until DCE retires and hope he gets first shot???
He isn't taking Schusters 6 long-term you'd think and if fainu gets off and now Lawton on the books, where does he play when everyone's fit ???
Unfortunately not with Manly.

Still on the books for next season , club signing Lawton probably indicates that they do not really see him as a Mr fix it 9 but still should get the opportunity occasionally in the halves . Most likely when D C E is on rep duties at a minimum . Would still rate Walker at present ahead of him in 6 role if required . Good type utility to have in the club however .

Cust is better than burns. He will get a go as hooker/half.
Croker and Cust for me are the same guy. Needed squad depth yes but I just don’t think we need both.
If Fainu gets off we have
Dce
Schu
Foz
Fainu
Lawton
Cust
Croker

For 9,6,7. Too many?

Croker and Cust for me are the same guy. Needed squad depth yes but I just don’t think we need both.
If Fainu gets off we have
Dce
Schu
Foz
Fainu
Lawton
Cust
Croker

For 9,6,7. Too many?

If Fainu escapes picking up soap in jail, Croker will be gone as he is not signed 4 next year.
If not, I can see Des signing him as backup.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6