Cust will tip Elgey to partner DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There a two potential options moving forward.

There is a chance the Dogs will release Foran and pay some of his freight. Manly could offer him 800k and the Dogs could stump up the other 200k. I know Dessie is a big fan. The Dogs have cap issues and could buy a couple of players by freeing up the 800k. I think Foz still has plenty to offer and would welcome him back with open arms.

There other option is Maloney...Penrith have cap issues and would happily let him walk. I wouldn't like to see this happen.
We could get Townsend for 600k

They had a bloke by the name of Cliff Lyons wandering around outside them. As great a player as he was Tooves ended up at hooker for a reason and a lack of kicking game was one of them.Des played a few positions and lack of a kicking game was a big reason he was regarded as a great utility as opposed to a great halfback.
Both Toovey & Des moved into other positions towards the end of their careers....as did Lyons who was coming off the bench during the latter part of his career. Cust will come good but too many on here expect miracles from ‘new’ players!
Many seem to think they’re experts on players abilities & game management which tends to make me laugh!

Is it just me or is Croker getting a little overrated here by some?

I like the kid, I though he was solid last year before injury, then against Canberra he started with a few errors but came home strong with a couple of tries.....A good performance but not best on the field.

For mine he is right in the mix with Cust and Elgey, I'd say his nose is slightly in front but I think Cust has a higher ceiling and may be worth a shot.

Also I hear a lot about Cust being a rookie as opposed to Croker.......pretty sure Croker has played 12 games and Cust 3.

This is really not intended to bag Croker, I like him, think he is a solid player, but like most things on here people seem to have no middle ground and you are either a star or a bum and after a couple of tries against the Raiders Croker is now a star..........................I'd say jury is still out
Croker has had a lot of injuries for a young player
Cust seems to have IT
Elgey couldn't make the grade at a ****ing awful franchise

Only one week of the Cust and Chez combo but wow what awesome signs! It is so nice to finally see a solid combo again, and with Daly along side him, I know Cade will be mentored to be an incredible player.

But I wanted to draw your attention to this photo from Cade's Instagram page...

HOW CUTE! It would be so surreal for him to be playing alongside his #idol. Just love it! The Manly DNA is well and truly alive

D8qWiaNUIAAplIM.jpg

Noice.

I wonder if DCE remembers posing for that pic? I guess he's only done it what... 1000 to 2000 times!

Cade has bulked up a fair bit as well.

PS: I'm too much of a manly man to call pics like that cute! Kinda cool when you see those 'young fans' who eventually get to play with their heroes though.

In all honesty, I still think DCE and Croker are a better way to go. However, Cust showed on Saturday in Townsville that he shouldn't be forgotten about.

Either way I think we're OK with either of them at 5/8. But for LG....that's a tough one. I think he's played himself out of contention right now.

In all honesty, I still think DCE and Croker are a better way to go. However, Cust showed on Saturday in Townsville that he shouldn't be forgotten about.

Either way I think we're OK with either of them at 5/8. But for LG....that's a tough one. I think he's played himself out of contention right now.

I'm happy with the potential both have shown ... I will point out though that Cust has predominently played the leading role of half back and is adjusting to a supporting role at 5/8 .. whilst I believe Croker has always been a 5/8 ..... may the best man win ..

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8