CTE - concussions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CTE is a degenerative brain disease that has been found in former players of American football, ice hockey, soccer, rugby union and others exposed to repeated head injury.

Greenburg can do what the knob of a GM in the ice hockey (Bettman) does and just continually deny that there's conclusive proof linking the two despite the evidence.

Meanwhile the NFL has paid out about 500 mill so far.

From memory the American studies were around sub-concussive trauma, meaning not enough to cause an actual concussion injury yet when repeated numerous times may still cause catastrophic long-term effects..

Makes you wonder about players like McGuire who make a career out of late hits to the head. So basically he is going out of his way to cause opposition players to have degenerative brain diseases. Pretty poor in my opinion.

Makes you wonder about players like McGuire who make a career out of late hits to the head. So basically he is going out of his way to cause opposition players to have degenerative brain diseases. Pretty poor in my opinion.
If we are being objective then smashing someone front on would allow the shock to dissipate due to the facial plates moving before breaking.

Whilst smashing someone's skull directly would cause the brain to bounce into the solid bone resulting in these CTEs.

Insurers will be looking at these probabilities and players will change their attitude in the future @:cool:

Thanks to @HappilyManly posting some old Roy and HG segments today, that I thoroughly enjoyed. I came across this beauty. I’m pretty sure this is 1996 regarding Mathew Ridge . Roy had the concussion debate sorted back then.
The debate starts at 17:27.

Thanks to @HappilyManly posting some old Roy and HG segments today, that I thoroughly enjoyed. I came across this beauty. I’m pretty sure this is 1996 regarding Mathew Ridge . Roy had the concussion debate sorted back then.
The debate starts at 17:27.

I love Roy & HG and they're the ones who should have a Fox Show instead of Fox televizing John's podcasts FFS and that unfunny Professor :fubar:

Roy's Concussion Test - tackle a neuro surgeon head on and strip him of the ball, Ridge is not a Code breaker but a football player :rofl:

I'm cynical about this proposed class action. To me it's just slimy law firms trying to ear a big payout.
Ask yourself: what is their prime motivation? Is it to rid the sport of danger, or just a cash grab?
I heard Turvey justifying the action by saying that his memory is not as good as it was. He's 62, and I dare say anyone in their 60s (like me) has some issues with their memory.
All of us have played various sports, all of which carry the potential for injury, even death. I was primarily a cricketer and I had a close friend who died playing it.
We played our chosen sport because it was fun. I would never expect to be compensated for those head knocks I received.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4